Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Monthly Misses: April 2021

April may have been filled with some hits, and some misses.  This is an opportunity for us to dish  on what products let us down.  It could be because of an over-hyped formula, a shade that just didn't cut it, or a sample that was simply "meh."  

original.jpg

Re: Monthly Misses: April 2021

This was a MAJOR miss for me

Screenshot_20210430-100205.png

I absolutely hated the texture, I hated that it contains glitter... It does not absorb well and it leaves a white cast,,, no thanks!!

@lmaster I'm so confused! Who decided it was a good idea to put glitter in a sunscreen you apply all over your face? 🤔

@tastelikewater you know I love glitter .. but come on!! I wouldn't even try to use this on my body because it's so thick and does not absorb well at all

The SEPHORA COLLECTION Eye Love Eyeshadow Palette cool neutrals was a disappointment to me. I found that the colors were too light for my taste.

A potential miss - jury's still out - is the Good Molecules Caffeine Energizing Hydrogel Eye Patches. Perhaps it was just a coincidence that I broke out on my cheeks near the edges of where the patch laid, but I also felt like it left too much product on my skin that ended up pilling. @WinglessOne is there a secret to these babies? 

@tastelikewater  Aw, sorry the GM eye patches didn't work for you! When I have too much serum left on my skin after removing patches/masks, I just gently massage/pat as much of it into my skin as possible. These particular eye patches never cause pilling on me, but I've had that problem with certain sheet masks so I understand the frustration. 

If you broke out after using them, though (assuming it's not an acne breakout), that's not good at all. Maybe patch test it (heh, patch test the patch) elsewhere on your face or inner arm and see if that reaction happens again? 

I had a couple misses this month:

fresh Kombucha 2-in-1 No-Rinse Cleanser & Prebiotic Treatment 6.7 oz/ 200 mL  I have combo skin that leans towards oily and this didn’t really cleanse my skin. I have repurposed it as a toner and it works well for that at least!

The Ordinary 100% Niacinamide Powder 0.7 oz/ 20 g  was another miss for me. I don’t have sensitive skin but this still made my face red and splotchy. 

My disappointment for the month at least was not costly @greeneyedgirl107 . It was SEPHORA COLLECTION Moisturizing Body Lotion in Monoi. Unfortunately it was thin and drying. It left no scent. 

It is definitely thin and lightweight @Loretta55

Bummer for sure @Loretta55 

At least I didn’t lose too much money on this purchase @lmaster

I almost purchased it too, @Loretta55, but I saw that almost every reviewer said the same thing about the lack of actual hydration so I passed on it.  Sorry that it's not that great :(.

I have hopes that Sephora Collection will have a body butter in the Monoi scent one day @CookieGirl1 .

I got the COLOR WOW Dream Coat Supernatural Spray Anti-Frizz Treatment 6.7 oz/ 200 mL and the reviews were great!  It was also recommended by a YouTuber that i really like and she and I have similar tastes in many ways so I had high expectations.  Unfortunately I WASN'T "wowed" at all.  It doesn't do anything bad for my hair but I definitely don't understand why so many people seem to love it because it doesn't really do anything at all for my hair and for the price I expected better.

@CookieGirl1 @Loretta55 Thanks for weighing in on this one.  It sparked my interest, and now I know I don't have to bother with it!

@greeneyedgirl107 it sounds fab and it sounds like it really works for a lot of people.  I'm just not one of them, evidently.

@CookieGirl1 I doubt it would work for me, either.  I feel like someone that would have stupendous results probably doesn't have frizz-prone hair to begin with.  Maybe I'm jaded!

I tried that when it was first released @CookieGirl1. My hair salon ordered some. I was the first person to try it and they saw my disappointment. All it did was to leave my hair crunchy. Did nothing to help my frizz. I used the curly version.

@Loretta55 I'm really glad that it obviously works for a lot of people but I think that maybe my expectations were too high. I was hoping for that sleek, soft, supermodel hair 🤣.  Then there's reality... 

Don’t believe photos @CookieGirl1. I don’t feel that supermodel hair exists or frizz free hair to some degree.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 139 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos3
  • original.jpg
  • 5BD01E84-8BAF-40CC-9467-3C58D04D3BCF.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20210430-100205.png
testing