Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Makeup recommendations

I have tried practically every beauty hack and I have found it practically impossible to achieve effortless glowing skin. Any suggestions??

Re: Makeup recommendations

I feel you!! I’ve tried so many things! I noticed that a home facial steam once a week is amazing. I do that then using Peace Out Blemish Balm Cleanser 3.6 oz/ 105 mL and alllll those blackheads come out and it’s a nice exfoliator too. Super gentle and creamy. My skin glows afterwards, finish it off with OLEHENRIKSEN Goodnight Glow Bakuchiol Sleeping Crème 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and my skin is bouncy and fresh 

Skincare is really important for glowy skin, also drinking a lot of water helps too. I also like how Becca first light primer helps to brighten and give my skin a dewy look. But stock up on the primer before the company closes if you like it.

I found that when I stopped wearing makeup and started focusing on skincare my skin started looking amazing. Also exercise. It does give you glowing skin. My skin really looks great after a run, after I wash all the sweat off.  I think the ferulic acid and resveratrol has helped the overall look of my skin. 

Do you feel like your skincare regimen is doing well for you? If not, definitely recommend a consistent regimen there. There are some great threads but we’d need to more about your skin type for recommendations on skincare. 

Otherwise, I love some glowy primers, including especially the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter . It has light coverage and leaves a gorgeous glowy finish.

Also, the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer   is an incredible tinted moisturizer that imparts a glowy (but not shimmery) finish.

Laura Mercier Face Illuminator Powder is great or Bobbi Brown Extra Illuminating Moisture Balm Or ILIA Illuminator . 

Good luck! @annabanana29484 💕💕

Good luck! 

@annabanana29484  Many sunscreens (that aren’t labeled “matte”) will give you a radiant look. Some sunscreens will make your skin look very dewy. Do you already wear a broad spectrum sunscreen daily? If you’re going to splurge on any one skincare product, make it sunscreen. 

CoTZ makes several mineral/physical (zinc oxide) sunscreens that give a shiny finish. Some of La Roche-Posay’s sunscreens will also do that. Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 1.7 oz/ 50 mL gives a natural radiant finish, and I assume #Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40 PA+++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL amps up the glow. (I’ve never used Glowscreen but do regularly use Unseen Sunscreen.) Saie Sunvisor Radiant Moisturizing Face Sunscreen SPF 35 1.35 oz/ 40 mL makes my skin glow. I also love a few Japanese sunscreens like OMI Verdio UV Moisture Essence (very glowy) and the clear version of Canmake Mermaid Skin Gel UV (super glowy; gives me that “glass skin” look). 

I have never seen a reply this in depth thank you so much @WinglessOne 

Thanks a bunch!

@annabanana29484 Saie Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Multipurpose Illuminator can help you achieve that! Either by itself or mixed in with foundation,, you can even dab it on top of foundation

@annabanana29484 In order to get effortless glowy skin you need to start with skincare. 

Do you have a good skincare routine?

To be quite honest it’s hard to budget that stuff I have some cerave stuff but that’s pretty much it

@annabanana29484 You can start by adding a Vitamin C Serum

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing