Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Makeup as a Distraction

Does anybody else look at makeup not only as a hobby, but as a distraction? I find it as an escape sometimes. I'm in a long distance relationship, go to school, and work full time. Makeup is a way for me to numb and distract myself. Anyone else feel this way about makeup? 

Re: Makeup as a Distraction

+1 to that.

I'm in med school and it's stressful as all heck. I love makeup because it's SO different from what I spend the rest of my life doing! It's fun for me, and when I get sick of studying, I wander onto Sephora's website.... zoops! Sometimes when I have a really hard and long day ahead of me, I think about a new makeup product I want to try and it makes it that much easier to get my day going, hahaha. Although I'm not always sure that my textbooks appreciate my new blush.... but whatcha gonna do heheh. And thus, my username now makes sense Smiley Wink

Oh my goodness! I love you username Smiley Happy I'm about to go through a little bit of medical school and I am looking forward to having my eyes glaze over with thoughts of new makeup hahaha

I never actually thought of makeup as a distraction, but now that I think of it, I suppose I have been using it that way. I've been feeling very alone these past few years, and I'm realizing now that the makeup obsession interest started around the same time. Hmm, well, healthier than turning to booze and drugs, right? 

Definitely healthier!! A little more expensive, but if it helps you feel better and you can afford it, then more power to you cause no harm is being one. I've also been feeling alone since I moved away from my family and have been in a long distance relationship. Makeup has made a difference for sure inside and out. Smiley Happy stay strong

Playing with makeup distracts me from schoolwork! Smiley Very Happy 

I am currently doing that with an essay! Smiley Happy

i started wearing makeup for fun when i was younger, now it's become a part of my wardrobe ( if that makes sense). following beauty vlogs ,blogs and BT is definitely a distraction though.

Highlighted

It's definately a distration for sure. I'm working a "7am - whenever they decide I can leave" factory job (there is a supposed quitting time, but I rarely get to leave at that time) So low pay, too many hours, no respect, favoritism, tons of drama etc.. So if i come home and find a Sephora package or some other goodies, then im thrilled and it helps me forget where i work. 

Conversation Stats