Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

MOTD: Mask Of The Day!

I thought it'd be fun to create a thread where we share our 'mask faces'! I'd love to see how lovely & silly you all look with masks on Smiley Happy It'd be great if you mention the name of the mask you are using as well!

I'll start things off!

Tonight I am using the Lush Magnaminty mask Smiley Happy

10672086_10152268635741227_881423386548379993_n.jpg

Re: MOTD: Mask Of The Day!

That mask is so cute!! 

Oh that's adorable!  

Love this 

Well this was disappointing.  It is so heavily scented.  Bad cyborg kitty! image.jpegimage.jpeg

oh this one is fun!    It's a black sheet mask that bubbles up on your face!  It's pretty tingly.  Especially around the nose.  The cleansing part is different.  You have to wash your face after this one.  

Edit- face is washed and it still feels tacky.  Weird.  My skin looks really good though.  Shiny and taught. Will buy again.image.jpegimage.jpeg

Origins GinZin Peel-Off Mask to Refine and Refresh. It was really nice, my only complaint would be that the fumes made my eyes water really bad.15417696_10157859747955068_616203996_o.jpg

SKIN LAUNDRY hydrating sheet mask. this is actually the first sheet mask i've ever tried. i really love how cooling and soothing this one is. 

sheetmask.jpg

I really enjoy the SL sheet masks, they're probably the most recent sheet mask I can recall leaving no stickiness or tackiness after it's removed and skin actually feels significantly improved in the moisture department.

P.S. Puppeh!! ^_^

Just found this lace Too Cool for School Glamrock Abacadabra eye mask I bought months ago. 

IMG_2199.JPG

You look like you're ready to fight crime!

Masking and tunes!

Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Face and Eye Gels.

DSC02760.jpg

djrm.jpg

So I treated myself to the Dr. Jart Bright Lover Rubber Mask. It arrived yesterday so last night I decided to give it a whirl. It's a two-part mask that has a jelly ampule (missing currently as I already used it by the time I snapped this photo, but it's normally located in the top corner of the packaging, it comes in its own bubble packet like the trial Origins masks) and then an infused rubber mask that's laid over it.

When I first opened the package, the mask comes in its own packet and the ampule dislodges from that corner. I wasn't sure what to expect, but the ampule contents are quite jelly-like. At first I thought it was some milky looking thick gel, but to my surprise it had almost a "bouncy" texture so I used a q-tip to scoop out the product into my hands so it wouldn't get stuck under my nails. While I'd scoop out portions at a time, eventually the formula settled back to being flat and even in the package, so that was cool! It felt cooling on my skin and as I rubbed it on it did break down and become clear to where it looked like my skin was coated in gel. When I opened up the rubber mask packet my nail did dig into a couple of spots (you can't see them in the pic too much, but there's two nail dent marks and there's a tiny rip by the inner corner of my eye towards my nose because I tried to adjust it to fit along my bridge better and my nail gouged it), but both pieces of the mask had sheets of clear plastic on either sides of them. The rubber mask pieces felt super cooling when laid on my skin, the fit of them was pretty good, no extra material all at the sides to where the mask was into my hairline terribly. The lower half of the mask did overlap the top a bit along the cheeks and the portion covering the nose was quite generous in length. It hung past my nose but the shape of it held the material nicely so it wasn't super loose. 

This mask had a lemony scent, almost like lemon cleaner, when I first applied it. The scent didn't seem to linger as I wore it so at least it wasn't cloyingly strong or irritating (I also happen to like the scent of lemon cleaner so I didn't mind), but when I took it off I smelled it again a little. The rubber mask has a pale yellow tint to it and was pretty thick. It wasn't some flimsy sheet that would get stuck on itself and difficult to straight out and align on the face.

After I took the mask off my face was quite dewy. I went to massage the ampule contents into my skin further but surprising my face didn't feel that moist, so while it looked shiny as if portions were wet, my skin actually wasn't very much. There was some stickiness, but it wasn't terrible and my skin didn't feel heavy. In fact, if I didn't look in a mirror afterward I would have no clue that there was any sort of "film" or sheen on my skin. 

My skin looked pretty even after its use, a couple of lingering blemishes didn't seem as red. This morning my skin felt super soft as I was doing my morning skin care regimen and makeup routine. All in all, it was a pretty fun mask to try out. Definitely not the best, but I enjoyed it. The rubber mask aspect was nice because it adhered and stayed on skin really well versus a traditional sheet mask that may begin to fall off skin as it dries or wrinkle up if you move your face around.

@lylysa Thank you for sharing this detailed review! I have been curious about that specific mask. Smiley Happy

You're welcome!

It was pretty fun to use, definitely never tried another face mask like it before. I'm kind of curious if the other masks are tinted to match their packaging too! 

@lylysa this mask looks intense! Thanks for the review Smiley Happy

You're welcome!

There was another Dr. Jart mask I tried once (I can't even remember which one to be exact), but the cut/style of it was very similar in being a two-piece mask. Only that one had a fabric-like top layer so it felt like a thick bandage on my face. Both of them held on real well! I like that there wasn't a ton of extra material all on the edges of the mask that just hung down, I always feel like bigger masks like that have their serum or fluid they're saturated in go to waste since it's not touching onto skin.

I may end up getting the hydrating one just for giggles and seeing how it compares. I liked that the ampule formula was like jelly, makes me think that if any drops or gets out of hand you're not just spilling fluid and making a mess. It'd be easy enough to scoop up and smooth onto skin.

mask on face: PIXI glow mud mask 

mask on hair: DEVACURL heaven in hair

mask on hair mask: eiffel tower shower cap !

motdbump.jpg

Pea soup-looking mask, courtesy of Yuli Pure and Graydon Clinical Superfood

IMG_3640.JPG

I'm being dorky in my bathroom.  There may or may not be dancing involved.  No witnesses means you can't prove a thing!  

This is the Too Cool For School Abracadabra Mask and bunny ears from Tokyo DisneyLand.  Super Bunny fist bump!Super Bunny fist bump!

Ahhh so cute @heartsmyface!!

How do you like the mask?

I love these masks!  They're hydrogel masks (the jelly kind) which I prefer over cotton sheet masks.  They're as hydrating as masks generally get.  The super hero effect is just a bonus!