Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Let's Talk about Plastic Surgery, Fillers, Botox, Dermatology, "Procedures" Etc. (No Shaming)

I mentioned recently in the Thoughts on Beauty thread that I was struggling with the visible signs of aging on my face. I am fairly diligent in my skincare and use retinoids but there is only so much topicals can do. About two and a half weeks ago I decided to take the next step and I got Dysport (it's like Botox) in my crow's feet and nasolabial folds (smile lines). I am absolutely happy with my results and would (and will) do it again as the effects from this round wear off.

I wanted to share my experience because I'm sure there are more of us out there who are thinking of having procedures done and are unsure, wondering about the cost or feel embarrassed talking about it. If anyone wants to ask me any questions, I'm happy to answer whatever I can.

Please, everyone, chime in with your experience as well!

I'm not totally excited about sharing some of these pictures. I took my "before" picture in the absolute worst light imaginable. In the waiting room, in 12:00 high noon sunlight. But it did pick up every wrinkle (um, yay).

Before: I am looking up so my forehead is a bit more wrinkly than normal but you can see my crow's feet and my fairly deep NL folds. This is literally my least favorite photo of myself in existence.

Spoiler
FullSizeRender3.jpg

The night of: I'm a bit of a mess here. There's not much to see here except that I'm a little swollen. I also got a pretty bad bruise on my face and I thought you may want to see the progression. It wasn't too bad on that first day. My face WAS sore where I had the filler around my mouth. I got Juvederm Ultra Plus XC injected.

Spoiler
FullSizeRender2.jpg

A few days later: I know the lighting is bad here but the swelling is down but the bruise is bad. My face remained tender for a couple of days. 😞 I really hated going to work with this on my face, even trying to cover it up. (Also, my injector was really good. I bruise so easily and I don't blame her for this at all. It happens.)

Spoiler
FullSizeRender4.jpg

Two weeks: All healed. Took this photo yesterday in morning light with no filter. I forgot to mention that I also had the Dysport injected into the "11s" between my eyebrows. She only did 10 units so I still have movement but it seemed to have spread somewhat into the lines across my forehead, which is fine by me. I don't really mind those lines so much but, hey, if they wanna disappear I'm not complaining. This is the most close-up I have ever posted and I'm not loving it! 🙂

Spoiler
FullSizeRender.jpg

I wanted to get injections into my chin to take away some of the dimpling I have but my nurse warned me that the chin area can sometimes have a tendency to spread incorrectly and affect the edge of your smile in a strange way so I decided not to do it. However, I did want to leave SOME lines and signs of aging on my face. I wanted still look like myself.

So all in all I had:

30 units of Dysport: 10 on each eye and 10 in my "11s"

One syringe of Juvederm Ultra Plus XC

Here is the price list from the Medspa I went to:

Spoiler
IMG_4285.JPG

So there you go! I hope that's helpful!

Re: Let's Talk about Plastic Surgery, Fillers, Botox, Dermatology, "Procedures" Etc. (No Shaming)

Hi does anyone have a source for purchasing generic Latisse at a good price? There used to be a website called CrystalBeauty101 that sold the generic form but it's no longer there..

please tag or message me if you have suggestions, thanks!

Anonymous Insider

Re: Let's Talk about Plastic Surgery, Fillers, Botox, Dermatology, "Procedures" Etc. (No Shaming)

Had nothing from this list yet, but I am really scared by the epidemy of plastic surgery in the world, especially in the South Korea ( here is the whole band https://elitecelebsmag.com/infinite-members-profile/ which went through it !!! ). I think fillers are absolutely okay, botox is not bad, too. 

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has continued to post here! I have a lot of catch up reading to do. I'm going to get the dysport I had done again for my bday next month. Also considering some kind of chemical peel or laser facial but I have a lot of research to do. My birthday is the last week of August and I usually take the week off as "summer vacation" and it rolls into Labor Day weekend just perfectly so I have extended time to recover from whatever I'll be getting up to! 🙂

Yay it's back I'm going in to get my underarm hair removed by laser ^__^ if anyone is curious let me know and I will update you with before and after photos.. with my experience too 

I am onto my 4th and probably second last laser treatment next month. I get it done every 6 weeks, and since the 2nd one haven't really needed to shave between treatments. I found it surprisingly painful, not that it really hurts, just that it was painful at all was a surprise. It feels accurately (to me) like a rubber band snapping, but sharper. Each zap is super brief and they blast cool air in the area to calm the skin. I had zero irritation afterwards and no crusting which I understand can be a problem. So happy to not have to think about my underarms!

RE: Re: Let's Talk about Plastic Surgery, Fillers, Botox, Dermatology, \"Procedures\" Etc. (No Shaming)

Hmm oddly enough mine didn't hurt lol I'm not quite sure why. It might be because it was shaved.

RE: Re: Let's Talk about Plastic Surgery, Fillers, Botox, Dermatology, \"Procedures\" Etc. (No Shaming)

Also heres my update.. I came in and was supposed the shave the day before but I didn't soo They shaved my armpit and lasered it afterwards I paid 80 for 6 sessions for my underarms.. yesterday was my first session and people say it feels like rubber band snap but when I got it done.. it finished within 5 mins and felt like blast of air blowing on my underarms. Right now my underarms have small curly stands and I'm coming back in 4 weeks for another session . Between I bought it on groupon and stacked it with the 20% off local business deal.

RE: Re: Let's Talk about Plastic Surgery, Fillers, Botox, Dermatology, \\\"Procedures\\\" Etc. (No Shaming)

Strands**

I would be interested to know how effective it was, along with the cost (if you would be willing to share that info)

@jozkid Thanks for the info. I've always wanted laser hair removal but never even knew where to start. Going to a Dermatologist is a good idea, I've always been hesitant to just go to a spa that's advertising specials.

@suzyo It was very effective. Keep in mind this was a loooong time ago so I'm sure techniques are probably more effective and price probably much higher. Back when I had it done it was a little over $100 per session. I was fortunate it really only took me about 3 sessions because I had been doing electrolysis for quite a while in that area and I think it thinned out the hair making it easier to eliminate. 

Not to get graphic but the ingrowns were horrific. Red, swollen, infected. I tried every hair removal method and none worked completely. Laser was the only thing that cleared it up. I no longer get ingrowns even when I shave now. I am very happy I went this route. Only thing - I would recommend going to a dermatologist. I just feel more comfortable going to a professional

@lidovicky I would be interested in following your journey. I'm considering getting this done to help with ingrown hairs:/

Updated hope it's informative 😊

@StephaniLynn I had laser done in my bikini area because I suffered with really bad ingrowns. This was probably close to 20 years ago. The change was nothing less than miraculous. Before laser I was so embarrassed by how it looked but it was so effective!  I only needed a few sessions and even now the hair is fine enough that it can be easily shaved if necessary. Best money I ever spent. 

I've had undereye bags for as long as I can remember. I am saving up to get my eyes done. I hate looking tired all the time and makeup only corrects so much. Hopefully by next year I'll be able to say goodbye to droopy lids and under eye bags! Remember to always chose a board certified plastic surgeon!! 

Bags are packedBags are packed

Anyone knows who is Bella Hadid's and Kylie Jenner's nose doctor is? 😄

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this or not but RealSelf dot com is a wonderful resource for people looking for recommendations and more info about every procedure under the sun. There a lot of before and after pics as well. (But I hope we keep the discussions going on this board as well!)

Has anyone had fillers in their "tear troughs"?  It's something I keep thinkin of doing.  I have had the sunken eye look since I was younger and it just makes me look tired all the time.

As mentioned below, be extremely careful and do your research with your doctor when getting this done. I had approached my own nurse practitioner about doing tear troughs and smile lines but she flat out refused as the filler would do more harm than good at that present time.  I was pretty happy she heeded these warnings then allowed me to make a choice to follow through or wait.

It is important to see a proper doctor before getting the injections because there are various types of tear trough deformities.

If you go get 'filled up' it might not fix the problem and not only leave you dissatisfied but make the problem worst.  

This is what I mean.  When I look in the mirror I see  the sunken line and no fat in my under-eyes.   I also thought maybe I need filler injections.

3 plastic surgeons told me what I have is that the muscle is not laying flat. Nobody suggested fillers but the surgery to make the muscle flat.  I have also had this since childhood and why your post caught my attention. 

I don't look tired, since I don't have any darkness around my under-eyes. I just don't like how it looks when I smile. In photos, it is the first thing I notice about myself!  lol!

That is when you can see the muscle rise up giving me the indentations/lines. My cheeks push them up. 

I also suggest the surgery more than fillers if this is an option suggested by the doctor. If yours is not the muscle and can be fix with fat they can do fat repositioning and fat graphs. Fix your problem once and for all.  Yes, more money at first but cheaper and safer in the long run.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos15
  • FullSizeRender3.jpg
  • FullSizeRender2.jpg
  • FullSizeRender4.jpg
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
  • IMG_4285.JPG
  • IMG_5731.JPG
  • ffffff.jpg
  • bbbbb.jpg
  • cheek bruise.jpg