Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential

Large pores, Blackheads, Acne scars

Hi Beauties, 

I need to help to find out some good face mask that can shrink my large pores and also suck out blackheads without causing me breakout. My face routine is washing face with Clinique Acne solution Foam wash, acne solution tone and clinique moisture surge cream. 

Please help!

Re: Large pores, Blackheads, Acne scars

@Kyra88 Black heads always gave me trouble until I found what worked (for me).  I use Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser which is a great liquid cleanser and also removes makeup.  For mechanical exfoliation, I use Philosophy MIcrodelivery Exfoliating Wash; Neutrogena has some good scrubs, though (just avoid ones with fragrance).  The biggest help has been BHA - Paula's Choice is the only brand that I think actually works.  PC has 1 and 2% BHA, but my favorite and the BHA 9 with 9% BHA.  Using oil blotting sheets also helps a lot; Target has some good inexpensive ones.  I also started using Retin-A years ago and it has been great.  Good luck!  

hi @Kyra88 ! i'm gonna be blunt: the clinique stuff you're using (the foam wash and toner, at least) is way too harsh, no face mask is going to minimize the appearance of pores nor help unclog them in any sort of lasting way if your skin is over-dried and needing to be soothed. i recommend using a balm or oil cleanser, and toning with an alcohol-free acid toner like FIRST AID BEAUTY facial radiance pads (which are more or less a 'next generation' version of the clinique toners--they're gentler but more effective and you skin shouldn't revolt). the acid in the facial radiance pads will help kill off bacteria as well as gently exfoliate your skin--expediting cell turnover will help keep pores clear. continue with your moisture surge (as long as it's not the intense version). 

my favorite mud mask is the PIXI glow mud mask (can get it at target), which you should find gives you much better results once you're skin isn't being too stripped with this adjusted routine.

Thank you @jemly, Yes I've been thinking to switch to less harsh face routine, I would definitely give a try First Aid Beauty radiance pads.

I was also thinking to try Glamglow supermud clearing treatment mask, because I 've heard many positive reviews about that.

@Kyra88 a lot of people love the glamglow mask. i'm in the other camp. still try it, why not (i swear i'm not trying to burst your bubble ! i'd just feel remiss for not saying so ! ), but i think it's too harsh as well, not to mention i don't think mud masks should be that insanely priced. other masks, sure. but i can't help but give glamglow the side eye. 

anyway, please come back and let me know how things go !

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing