Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Kylie Cosmetics Silver Series

So if you didn't already know Kylie Cosmetics is dropping her SilverSeries on December 13th, consisting of some lipsticks, a $360 brush kit, and some concealers that remind many of Fenty Beauty foundations with its 30 shades. What's your opinion on it? Personally, I feel it's a bit expensive. I always viewed Kylie Cosmetics as not hat great of quality to command this much money. (You can purchase Kylie Cosmetics on their website)

Re: Kylie Cosmetics Silver Series

Whether or not they are good quality I just cannot imagine ever spending that much on brushes from her line when you could get brush sets (although they would come with less brushes but still) from Wayne Goss or Kevin Aucoin for the same price or even less. If I was inclined to spend that much I would want the best of the best. 

RE: Kylie Cosmetics Silver Series

I’m not a fan of the brushes, specifically because of the chunky handles. I love when a brush handle tapers off at the end so you can hold it delicately and get a light application. With a big handle like this it’s harder not to go in heavy handed.

I agree the Kylie brushes do look tacky and cheap. They look like they’d be rough too. I️t worries me a little even though i will not be purchasing them. But I’d rather synthetic brushes over this brush set any day.

As for the concealers Idk if it’s just me but she should have real ears foundations first and then branched off. That’s one of my biggest pet peeves with companies.

The Kylie brushes to me look so tacky and cheap for the amount that they cost. The concealers look just like the Jeffree Star liquid lips. Honestly she is a fake copy cat, with the idea of making a cheap product and selling it to her audience at a ridiculous price, that is almost unaffordable to most
Anonymous Insider

I’m with @darlyndar here. Kylie cosmetics (i think) is overrated to begin with. (Really just trading in the family name there). It’s a new brand with less than stellar reviews. The price of the brushes is ridiculous. She tried to compare her brushes to established, known quality brands to justify the price..... I just don’t think so.

Never In life would I pay $360 for some Kylie brushes. Ever. I’m down to spend and I own Wayne Goss brushes but his reputation and love for makeup is apparent. I just don’t see Kylie going to Japan and learning the art of brush making. I hope I’m wrong....but I still wouldn’t buy them.
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 20 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos3
testing