Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential

Kinda New to Makeup

Hey, guys im new to this makeup thing kinda by kinda, i mean i put some concealer on and a little foundation. I want to up my makeup game but I'm not sure how to or what the best for me without wasting money.

Re: Kinda New to Makeup

Take advantage of online resources such as beauty blogs, YouTube tutorials such as https://ytmp3indir.cc/bedava-mp3-indir/, and social media platforms. These platforms offer a wealth of information on makeup techniques, product recommendations, and application tips. Educating yourself will help you understand different products and techniques before making any purchases.

@Nici02 Sephora sometimes puts out favourites sets. If you can grab one, it’s really great value for money. There’s usually a good mix of full size and mini’s so you can give a variety of products a try.

You can also try using their makeup services. Bring a photo or two of a look you’d line to use as inspiration, and the makeup artist can suggest products to try and tips on how to recreate the look at home. 

Also, Sephora’s return policy is really relaxed. If you buy something and you’re not happy after giving it a fair try, just bring it back.

hey i'm new here too and i do not know to put on makeup.

@Tamarasimpson  Probably the easiest way to get started is to watch some of the YouTube videos on the Sephora channel. There's tons of content - maybe check out the Tips and Tricks section first. And don't worry about seeing those makeup artists doing it perfectly the first time - we mere mortals usually need to practice before we nail it. LOL  Have fun!

RE: Kinda New to Makeup

I started by watching YouTube tutorials by like Jaclyn Hill, Laura Lee, and MannyMUA. This is what started my obsession, and the search for what are good quality products!

Kinda New to Makeup

In addition to the Sephora collection Morphe and Elf also have some decent products for good prices.

@Nici02 I definitely agree the Sephora Collection makeup is a great way to start. 

Hi @Nici02 !

I second @elise222 ‘s suggestion to look at the Sephora collection stuff. They really have some great choices, at more affordable prices.

I also think the Sephora Favorites sets are good for beginners. You can sample a bunch of different brands and types of makeup at a pretty good price while you figure out what works best for you.

Have fun!

The Sephora Collection brand offers a lot of great products at an affordable price. I always like bronzer to bring a little bit of life back into my face after foundation. Mascara is another must for me since the tips of my lashes are fairly light.

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing