Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Items to avoid at all cost.

Since the sale is rumored to be coming up, I'm just curious as to what products or even brands I should be avoiding in general. There are posts for overrated products, but being overrate indicates that there is something decent about it. But I am interested in items and brands that you absolutely hate.

Re: Items to avoid at all cost.

I used to have Benefit's Bella Bamba and was really into it at the time -- it had a warm, pink/peachy tone and had just a bit of shimmer and I thought it looked good. Oh, but the brush that came with it was crap, and the box that it came in drove me crazy (put it in a pan like all the other makeup companies do!!)...but I do remember thinking it was good. I also have Nars Orgasm and I think the quality's a bit better than Benefit. All that said, I must admit I don't have strong feelings about blush as I tend to wear bronzer instead! So, maybe ignore me, lol.

Oh and dolce it all pretty much escalated very quickly Smiley Tongue

I went away for half a day and this thread got all awesome. LOLs. 

I agree with many products that are listed here and is a bit relieved that I'm not the only one who doesn't think those products are great. 

• Nars and benefit pencil eyeliners - they're one of the worst I've used. I never had a drugstore eyeliner, but I bet these are worse. Nars one is so chalky that it hurts my lids (its almost like rubbing an eraser) and the color payoff is faint grey not black especially halfway thru the pencil. and the benefit one just doesn't draw on the eyes 
  • Giorgio Armani maestro foundation, Smashbox studio skin, Mac studio finish, Mac mineralize foundations broke me out alot. not a pleasant experience. 
  • Smashbox primer in light - I bought this because of my oily tzone, but it made my foundation look sooo bad.. my makeup couldn't look anymore dehydrated than it is. and yet it makes them wear down quicker than if I use a different one 
  • Toofaced eye shadows. I get that they're cute looking, but quality is really disappointing. I don't know where they get the idea to put a price tag as such on so "cheap feeling" products. 
  • Glamglow in my opinion is too irritating if you have sensitive skin. the clay itself it quite liquidy before it hardens but there's these little beads that hurts. I haven't seen any miracle results
  • Bobbi Brown long lasting foundation. their skin foundation is not bad.. I don't like it, but it "wears down" nicely.. so you look better 5 hours later than when you freshly applied your makeup. but this long lasting is one of the worst I've seen. its chalky and thick but doesn't have any coverage. just extremely dry looking. because it dries so quick, its easy to get it to look cakey too. 
  • Stila's liquid eyeliner - I don't like Stila brand in general, but the sparkly liquid eyeliners have the best applicator. its soo easy to use. but within the hour, it starts to chip like some cheap nail polish and starts smudging at the same time 

If you liked the Stila sparkly liquid eyeliner applicator you should check out Make Up For Ever's Aqua liquid liner, Lancome's art liner liquid liner, and/or Milani liquid liner.  They all have the same applicator!  I love the Make Up For Ever one.

oh wow Thank you Smiley Happy

I didn't know mufe had a great liquid eyeliner but i will definitely give it a shot Smiley Happy 

I've been hearing things about milani, is it worth trying out? 

No problem!  And I definitely think Milani is worth looking into - it IS a drugstore brand so I think it's not necessarily as consistent across the board with their products, but they have some really great products.  I like their liquid liner, as I mentioned, and I have heard rave reviews about their blush and lipstick!

I have to agree this thread was more entertaining than yesterday... although some parts felt like I was reading this....

save-the-trees-sorry-for-bad-english_o_1702047.jpg

That is actually quite logical whereas the other ramblings... yeah not so much logic there. Smiley Happy

I was looking back and the crazy talk seems to be only in certain time frames. I honestly think it has to do with drugs. 

upload_8030700209785295679.gif

this.

@youarealways

upload_6920269125209791790.gif

Heart

bahahahahahahahha

haha I was hopeful

It's funny.....'cause it's true.

Is Benefit the one with all the great packaging but nothing of substance? I can't even remember. It's probably not memorable. I think it's Benefit. If it's the one with Pores No More, then I don't like it.  Clinique is just ugh...I tried it in my teens, I tried it in my twenties...no. Irritating. Murad products are overpriced. GlamGlow - I've tried two of their masks. It got more in my sink than on my face. I can't wait to try the FAB line next. Nars blush in Orgasms - perfect if you want that avant garde clown look. I still have yet to try Tarte. I've heard mixed reviews on it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like Nars Orgasm. It looks very clownish on me, as well. I tried it one time, and it was a horrible idea.

Benefit has the Porefessional, if that's what you're thinking of (and it's pretty much the only Benefit product in recent history that I have tried). I don't really use Benefit products for many reasons listed below. I just don't like any of their products enough! Nothing has impressed me at all.

I've tried GlamGlow Youthmud and while it was tingly and left my skin feeling firm, I'm not convinced it's enough of an effect to buy the full sized product. FAB is interesting! I have used their Ultra Repair Cream and I was worried that it felt too greasy on the skin. I used it at night, though, and when I woke up, I had very, very soft skin on my face and no greasy residue. But because it felt greasy upon application and did not sink in very quickly, I chose not to use it as a daytime moisturizer. I hope it works a little better for you!

I bought the FAB duo with the ultra repair cream and fab face cleanser. The repair cream works wonder when winter is around. I'm actually still using it now. It literally saved my skin, during the winter, my skin was peeling cause its so dry. When I first put on the cream, it burns like a muthaaaa but the next morning I'm soft, smooth and NOT inflamed like the previous night. The face wash for me was meh.. nothing special. So I leave it at my boyfriends house and I keep the good stuff in my shower. Smiley Very Happy

Bare Minerals foundation!  I know I am in the minority, but hated this foundation.  Settles into fine lines and wrinkles, made my pores look like moon craters (even with a good primer underneath) and contains Bismuth which gave me huge painful under-the-skin zits.  I do like other BM products, but this one sucked for me.

Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • upload_5615434262397965190.jpg
  • chicken-rooster-photos-pics-funny-meme-lol-oh-hey-there-photobomb_thumb-6873.jpg
  • OprahSideEye.gif
  • what
  • save-the-trees-sorry-for-bad-english_o_1702047.jpg
  • upload_8030700209785295679.gif
  • upload_6920269125209791790.gif