Sephora

Stores & Services
Find a Sephora

Happening at Sephora

View all

Services

From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Itching for a buy...

It's only been 2 weeks since my last beauty related purchase, and I'm already itching for a buy!!  Anyone else experience "withdrawl" symptoms from trying to stagger their buying?  I'm trying to save my buy for Feb.. but I almost feel like I can't wait!

Re: Itching for a buy...

No I'm not a shopaholic. I love skincare but only buy new skincare/makeup when I run out (or if i dont like it I give it away, trash it and then go for something new) I dont mind shelling out money for quality skincare/makeup that I know I love and will use up completely but I dont like things lying around the house that I dont use.

Re: Itching for a buy...

I am so with you Runy! I just got the new Smashbox Palette for spring and I love it. I am trying to be good because all the new stuff will be coming out shortly......but I feel you girl!!!!

I say if you got an itch, and you can SCRATCH IT!!!!

Enjoy!!!

Re: Itching for a buy...

My cart is loaded and ready to go...waiting for a good promo! Seems like it's been a while since a really good promo offer has been out.

Re: Itching for a buy...

Im always buying stuff from work.. I hate how much i truely spend!! and half the time its not even for me to use. Its for me to use on other clients!! Its insane but when you get that itch you gotta balance that check book and see if its worth it!! Cant really screw up when you get the good stuff lol

Re: Itching for a buy...

@runy -- I know -- I can't keep up with it, either!

 

@justsephora -- I seriously don't know how anyone works at Sephora! I would go insane (not to mention into *major* debt!) wanting to buy everything and being around it all day long.

 

@officegal, @mermadelove, @daisy-- I know what you mean! I really think my skin looks better with Neutrogena. And, re: aging, it's so unfair...one of my co-workers is a 56-year old grandmother of FIVE, and if she had told me she was 38 I would have thought nothing of it -- no wrinkles, no lines...ugh! She doesn't use anything, either -- she said she has used moisturizer since her teens, but she tans, etc. -- and her skin is glowing.

 

...and then there's me, 30 29 year old super VIB. Hahah!

Re: Itching for a buy...


katie1724 wrote:

 @officegal, @mermadelove, @daisy-- I know what you mean! I really think my skin looks better with Neutrogena. And, re: aging, it's so unfair...one of my co-workers is a 56-year old grandmother of FIVE, and if she had told me she was 38 I would have thought nothing of it -- no wrinkles, no lines...ugh! She doesn't use anything, either -- she said she has used moisturizer since her teens, but she tans, etc. -- and her skin is glowing.

 

...and then there's me, 30 29 year old super VIB. Hahah!


ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Re: Itching for a buy...

@everyone! I defintely notice the ebb and flow as runy pointed out. I'm used to it, though. This is why I don't get rid of things from my previous obsessions-- because I know a few years down the road I'll probably be back to it and I won't want to start from scratch. It's fun rediscoveing a pair of shoes you totally forgot about that you HAD to have a few years ago. I fall in love with them all over again.

And I didn't have to rebuy all of my makeup tools when I jumped on the bandwagon again, because I still had them. And since I bought great stuff to being with, everything was in great shape!

 

I love books, but I deal with that obsession with the library. If I totally fall in love with an author, then I will get their books in hardcover from a bookclub. I try not to go to Barnes and Nobles or the like. It gets ugly. I'd rather borrow at the library, spend only on what I know I will read ten more times, and take the cash I saved to Sephora........

Tags:

Re: Itching for a buy...

I'm a huge fan of the LIBRARY!  It's so amazing- and free, I have no clue why people don't go there more often!

Re: Itching for a buy...

Well, the last time I used the library system, I had accrued about $30 worth of late charges (like 5 cents per book per day on 30 books taken out at once).  I never paid them (shame on me :() and was always trying to get my youngest sister who worked there as a page to wipe out my debt on the computer system.  But apparently she was rarely allowed to get near the computer and in the end the local library got amalgamated with the bigger city libraries and to this day, 10+ years later, I have no idea what happened to my record. 

 

Around that time I also started to work full-time and didn't have time to go to the public libraries before they closed, so I'd go to bookstores which were closer and try to buy things that I thought I would read over and over.  Which, I do, by the way!  If I really like a book or a movie, I can re-read and re-watch until kingdom come.

Re: Itching for a buy...

Upon reading over my post, I think I need to donate some money to the current library system to pay my long overdue debts!

Re: Itching for a buy...

So few people go to libraries these days because of the internet. A lot of the people who really NEED them ( like the underpriveledged urbanites) don't have reasonable access to them because so many cities are cutting funding to them as budgets get tight, as they are not seen as a necessity. But let me ask you this: if you canm't afford a laptop or to pay for internet service at home, where do you go? Where do you do your research? Where do you get your books? How do you look for work when so much is online now?

So I agree with you, officegal-- if you get around to it, pay the fine! You might helps some poor inner city kid read a good book, or research a summer job!

🙂

Re: Itching for a buy...

I don't go to the library either.. I use to when I was younger. My mom use to take me every week-end, but I dont know, I just stopped going. I prefer used books store. You can get books super cheap there. I've bought like 6 books for like 10 dollars before. You can always sell them back too. Its like a library without a due date lol. I actually like to keep and own my books though. Its my dream one day to have an office in my house with the walls just lined with bookshelves and books. Kinda like in The Beauty and The Beast, in his office lol. Where they need a latter to go through all the books. I want my own personal library haha. Probably why I stopped going to the library.. thats when I started my book collection... I have a lot of collections when I start to think about it lol.

Re: Itching for a buy...

I dream of a nice big library as well.  I want wall-to-wall shelves filled with the most amazing books ever.  I got into a phase of collecting signed books but it feels like an exercise in futility with all those people out there who have these wonderful first editions/antique collections.

 

Hmmm... since our makeup swap worked out so well, I wonder if a book swap would work as well?

Re: Itching for a buy...


officegal wrote:

I dream of a nice big library as well.  I want wall-to-wall shelves filled with the most amazing books ever.  I got into a phase of collecting signed books but it feels like an exercise in futility with all those people out there who have these wonderful first editions/antique collections.

 

Hmmm... since our makeup swap worked out so well, I wonder if a book swap would work as well?


I still think there should be a section on the boards here that is just for swaps. It's worked on other forums and I think we are small enough to make it work. I did write one of the moderators about it but I never heard back. Maybe if enough of us request it, they can set up a section just for swaps.

 

I'd love to swap books!

 

 

Re: Itching for a buy...

I would definitely be up for a book swap! My goal is to have a big library too. I'd like to have a collection full of books that I love and get rid of all the junky ones that are just taking up room.

Re: Itching for a buy...

I've always wanted a library at home as well.  That scene in Beauty & The Beast as mentioned was one of my favorites.  Between the ceiling to floor library, the huge walk in closet, and a makeup vanity of a lifetime that I dream of, I don't think there will be in room in my dream home for my husband Smiley Surprised

Re: Itching for a buy...


runy wrote:

I've always wanted a library at home as well.  That scene in Beauty & The Beast as mentioned was one of my favorites.  Between the ceiling to floor library, the huge walk in closet, and a makeup vanity of a lifetime that I dream of, I don't think there will be in room in my dream home for my husband Smiley Surprised


I want a library, too. BUt the biggest most important rooms in my dream house will be the bathroom and the kitchen.

As far as the husbands/significant others go...... His and Hers houses?

LOL!

Can you imagine........

Re: Itching for a buy...

Looks like I'll have to win the lottery to have my giant-size library, bathroom, kitchen and shoe-closet.  You know the closet that Big built for Carrie in the first SATC movie?  I WANT!!!

Re: Itching for a buy...

@daisy "Maybe if we spent less $ at Sephora, we could save to build our dream home!"

 

My husband tells me that all the time!  Him - "You say you say want to save money so we can buy land and build a house but how much did you spend this month on makeup and shoes?"  It's all about the instant gratification.  Yes, I want to buy acreage.  But I can't afford 10 acres right now.  I can, however, afford a new lipstick. 

Re: Itching for a buy...


kalex wrote:

"Maybe if we spent less $ at Sephora, we could save to build our dream home!"

 

My husband tells me that all the time!  Him - "You say you say want to save money so we can buy land and build a house but how much did you spend this month on makeup and shoes?"  It's all about the instant gratification.  Yes, I want to buy acreage.  But I can't afford 10 acres right now.  I can, however, afford a new lipstick. 


Laughing my face off at this one!!!!Smiley Very Happy

38 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • IMG_1467.JPG
  • IMG_1468.JPG