Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

It Didn't Work For Me.......

i don't want this to be a hates or bashing thread. more of a general "i tried this thing and it clearly wasn't meant for me" rather than a "this is crap !" sort of discussion, if that distinction makes sense.....

i find these sorts of discussions helpful. you can learn 1. that you're not alone, or that 2. you were using a thing incorrectly and maybe it's worth another try or 3. that a thing you were considering spending your money on may not be worth the risk after all (though i'd take this last possibility with a grain of salt; everyone is different !!)

i'll post my list below Smiley Happy

Re: It Didn't Work For Me.......

@sabrinas  My skin doesn't like the line, either. Their products give me nasty cystic break outs. Yikes! 

@sabrinas  It doesn’t play nice with my sensitive skin. But I still get samples all the time for my friends and family because they all love it 😂

RE: It Didn't Work For Me.......

Took me a while to find this thread on my phone. I bought this serum product since the ulta 12 day sale stuff, i dont know what its called but every day a new product goes up on sale. I was excited to try out this serum. I have used it Ll up now.. and unfortunately i noted no difference in my skin. I applied day and night but niente. I wont be repurchasing this again because 1). As stated, did not work for me. 2). I am now delving into powder serums.

Re: RE: It Didn't Work For Me.......

@Blackwhiskey powder serums? do tell!

RE: Re: RE: It Didn't Work For Me.......

Neogen dermlogy came out with a powder vitamin c serum Smiley Happy so far so goo, ive been on it for two weeks so hard to tell but my face has been hydrated and feeling a bit smoother. @makeitup305

The ole henriksen banana eye cream!! I just feel it was too hyped up by beauty influencers. I got it Thinking it was going to be good but I unfortunately did not like it and ended up giving to a friend who does like it. First off it is yellow tinted as it is "brightening" but it ended up giving my under eyes jaundice color!! Also not as moisturizing as I thought. Lastly the smell is horrendous.

@wishlouise07 same thing for me. I wanted to love it. I liked the brightening effect but the product was giving me milia. I was disappointed I had to stop using it but it just wasn't worth it.

@wishlouise07 Sorry it didn’t work out for you, especially at that price point. I bought it without checking the volume and was rather embarrassed when the teeny tiny jar arrived 😏

I like it but don’t love it. But I do love the fragrance. On the other hand, my husband absolutely loves it and he’s finishing it off for me. (He loves being my “finisher” lol...) It really leaves his under eyes looking healthy and supple, I must say. 

I didn’t like it either @wishlouise07.

RE: It Didn't Work For Me.......

Every Glam Glow mask that I’ve tried has made my face BURN and turn bright red for a day or two. I don’t consider myself to have overly sensitive skin either.. But something in Glam Glow masks is just too harsh for my skin.

@samkeaysxo 

In the very beginning I did enjoy their hydrating mask (the one from the blue container) and it was a nice treat specially during a long flight.

With time I just stopped taking them seriously as a skincare brand. The sparkly cleanser and then the face mask with glitter was the nail in the coffin for me.

@Cyncynn I agree with you--I have a hard time "taking them seriously" and the price is over the top for what you get.

@CookieGirl1 Yes, I struggle to see who their target demographic is tbh. There's a lot of gimmicky stuff, scents and overly dramatic names, so I'd feel it'd be a younger dmeographic, but with those prices I am left to wonder.

yes i had the same issue ☹

yes i had the same issue ☹

@samkeaysxo  I have yet to have any luck with the various Glam Glow products I’ve sampled. The products I’ve tried have caused burning sensations and redness like you describe.

I have sensitive skin, though, and I don’t think they really market themselves as being sensitive skin-friendly. 

@samkeaysxo 

I feel like GG had a good thing going when they first launched Super Mud. Then they started to pump out products at a very rapid rate and it sort of went..AD863875-7F09-4E1E-BA2E-4F1C59D30D65.gif

Can’t say I’m a fan either. 

@GG84  Best gif ever 😂

Glamglow is a racket in general. So many of their products are filled with some combo of alcohol, fragrance, essential oils, or other harsh irritants that don't need to be there. They may have a product or two that isn't completely terrible for skin, but it's just a brand I avoid altogether now.:/

I love all Too faced products however one of their signature products just did not worked for me. The better than sex mascara left my eyelashes looking like spider legs 😭😭😭😭 , I'm glad that the new Damm girl one is here

@MarcyGp  For me, Better Than Sex gets a B. There are definitely other mascaras out there, at the same price and also well below, that I find have better formulas and also better brushes. The brush really doesn’t work well for my eye shape. 

I could list 100+ mascaras that didn’t work for me. Instead, I’ll focus on these 3: 

TOO FACED - Better Than Sex Mascara Mini (hmm, can’t tag the full size) - Brush shape and size are too unwieldy for me, and this mascara stings my eyes something fierce. It makes my lashes look fantastic! But looks aren’t worth the pain. I could never wear BTS longer than 2 hours, and often had to remove it sooner than that.  

Urban Decay Troublemaker mascara - Does this product work well for anyone? I tried it when it launched and holy flaky mess, Batman! I can’t immediately name another mascara that flakes as badly as this one. Maybe it performs better over a lash primer? I’m not willing to test that myself, but maybe someone else has had success with it...? 

MILK MAKEUP - KUSH High Volume Mascara - In my first test, it smudged a lot as soon as my eyes watered a tiny bit. In my second test, it flaked like crazy around the 2 hour mark—and I hadn’t touched my eyes or lashes at all. Many flakes got into my eyes and irritated them a lot, which caused watering, which led to smudging. The only positive: this mascara did noticeably plump my lash volume. But I’m not sure how anyone with sensitive or allergy-watery eyes wears this all day. 

1 Reply