Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

It Didn't Work For Me.......

i don't want this to be a hates or bashing thread. more of a general "i tried this thing and it clearly wasn't meant for me" rather than a "this is crap !" sort of discussion, if that distinction makes sense.....

i find these sorts of discussions helpful. you can learn 1. that you're not alone, or that 2. you were using a thing incorrectly and maybe it's worth another try or 3. that a thing you were considering spending your money on may not be worth the risk after all (though i'd take this last possibility with a grain of salt; everyone is different !!)

i'll post my list below Smiley Happy

Honey's tendency to create red bumps or rash on skin...I...

Honey's tendency to create red bumps or rash on skin...I have experienced the same problem. Will never use products containing honey on my face

Re: Honey's tendency to create red bumps or rash on skin...I...

@RandaRC  It’s so frustrating, right? Between the bumps and extreme dryness honey causes (for me), I have to carefully read ingredient labels of all face masks to save my skin, and I can’t use most of Farmacy’s best loved products. I wish this magic ingredient that works for apparently 99% of the world also worked for us. 

Interestingly, I can sometimes use a honey product on my lips. But many of those dry my lips out. 

Re: It Didn't Work For Me.......

FAB Hello Fab Coconut Micellar Makeup Melter was a definite "no go" for me.  I tried it multiple times because I love FAB, but it never completely removed my eye make up, even on my light make up days.  Smiley Sad   FIRST AID BEAUTY - Hello Fab Coconut Micellar Makeup Melter

Same happened to me. I tried using it all different ways but it just makes a mess on my fave and doesn’t remove my makeup.

RE: It Didn't Work For Me.......

The drunk elephant Saaii cleansing balm. I liked it at first, but now it’s breaking me out and after I completely rinse it off. After I start putting my moisturizer on, I’m noticing when rubbing it in I have a film coming off in like clumps from my skin. Will probably throw out and try other cleansing balms.

Re: RE: It Didn't Work For Me.......

@jackieeem13 Are you using a second cleanser? Balms like this are makeup removers, but not actually skin cleansers. They're the first step in a two-step cleanse. Though, this one is getting some rough reviews, so it may not be performing well either way! 

Try double cleansing? use a gentle second cleanser and se...

Try double cleansing? use a gentle second cleanser and see if that removes the residue.

RE: Try double cleansing? use a gentle second cleanser and se...

Yeah I usually a secondary cleanser and like scrub it off but it’s still there

HOURGLASS - Scattered Light Glitter Eye Shadow

It wasn't bad, but I much prefer my Colourpop eyeshadows to be honest. I have way less glitter fallout with them.

@Cyncynn I like the sheer, almost glossy look these give but I do think CP probably has something very similar. 

@makeitup305  Yes and with the price difference it's kinda hard to justify owning more than one from hourglass.

@Cyncynn I only own one of the HG and also one of the Marc Jacobs. I really like them but like you said, they’re expensive. I'm a sucker for ultra glittery shadows that are easy to apply (I own almost all the Stila Glitter and Glows) but on a budget the Glitter Sheer/Ultra Glitter formula from CP does the trick!

The Fenty Beauty PRO FILT’R Instant Retouch concealer did not work for my skin very well. It went on very cakie under the eye, after an hour on my super oily skin it looked good, after about 6 hours it started to look a little odd again. On the other areas it wears pretty nice, but the under-eye is the most important to me.

It Didn't Work For Me.......

Most of Drunk Elephant. C-tango definitely clogged my pores. I loved their lala retro, but then I started getting large bumps, too.

@danielledanielle  Drunk Elephant is too heavy for my skin as well. I’m glad I got samples because I would have wasted a lot of money! 😅

I like this thread! Items that most people *love* I don’t like for myself at all. 

HOURGLASS - Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder

one of the worst products besides LAURA MERCIER - Translucent Loose Setting Powder

I’ve used. Maybe both work wonderfully for combo or oily skin but not for my dry skin. I threw them both out. 

I really tried to love fenty long wear foundation but it was so bad for my skin! I have oily skin and acne and I don’t know what happened but when I applied it looked so cakey and smudged! Maybe full coverage is too much for me... I was so sad because y was supposed to be for acne and oily skin! #fenty

@dina221297 I have dry sensitive skin and a sephora emplo...

@dina221297 I have dry sensitive skin and a sephora employee actually recommended this to me!! This is NOT for dry sensitive skin! I was ticked. Now I'm stuck with a full size primer and foundation. I don't think I can return it anymore Smiley Sad

Re: RE: It Didn't Work For Me.......

@dina221297 I second that! I've never found a more perfect shade match, but by the end of the work day it was flaking off of my face. 

I use this product with the saint Laurent primer, it has the gold sparkle in it. It’s the perfect pair because it helps the foundation sorta melt and look smoother. Maybe try and see if it helps! I have the same skin type as you.

I completely understand. Tried it with a brush and with a damp beauty blender. To be fair my skin is very oily, which often makes the foundation look funky even with matte primer.
4 Replies