Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

It Didn't Work For Me.......

i don't want this to be a hates or bashing thread. more of a general "i tried this thing and it clearly wasn't meant for me" rather than a "this is crap !" sort of discussion, if that distinction makes sense.....

i find these sorts of discussions helpful. you can learn 1. that you're not alone, or that 2. you were using a thing incorrectly and maybe it's worth another try or 3. that a thing you were considering spending your money on may not be worth the risk after all (though i'd take this last possibility with a grain of salt; everyone is different !!)

i'll post my list below Smiley Happy

Re: It Didn't Work For Me.......

Anastasia Liquid Lipsticks, sadly.  The formula is too drying for me...

ulta.JPG

I had the same problem, I got a sample from Sephora of the Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Oil and I put a dab of that on about a minute or so before putting on the liquid lipsticks and so far it's lasted pretty well, I tried it for about 2 weeks now. It still starts to feel dry around like 3pm ish (when i put it on at 7am). Now only question is if I can justify spending $100 on the oil when the samples done -_-

@08xoSukh, if you think you like marula oil, you could always get the Acure brand (sold at health food type stores). It runs about $13 to $15 for 1 oz. At least one person on BT swears its the same as the Drunk Elephant version.

Thank you for letting me know, I will definitely look into it once the sample is done Smiley Very Happy

LMAO!! I scared my cats lol. I loved King of the Hill I remember that episode "it doesn't taste cruelty-free." Big fan of Bobby <3

00.JPG

I came here for Bobby. Heart

Ahava dead sea moisturizer! Just like the name, it was completely dead. It dries off my skin rather than moisturize and I got combo skin. I have heard so many things about the benefits of dead sea but a complete disaster for me. May be for oily skin???

1. Smashbox Photofinish Primer.  This stuff breaks me out instantly.

2. Bare Minerals powder products.  These also break me out pretty badly, pretty instantly.

3. It Cosmetics CC Cream.  Everyone raves about this stuff, but it gives my skin the weirdest looking texture.  Almost like orange peel.

4. Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation.  This was another texture thing.  It was too matte, maybe?  It made me look dry and flaky.

5. Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette.  I borrowed a friend's, and maybe just because it's older (I think it's the first generation packaging), the pigmentation is really disappointing.  I was crushed because I like the colors in it.

6. Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara.  It has some ingredient in it that my eyes are sensitive to, and it made them red and itchy like WHOA.

And it's so funny, because I know a lot of people who love and rave about all these products!  And my favorite BB cream (Urban Decay One and Done) and mascara (Smashbox Full Exposure) are ones that other people absolutely seem to hate.

(I love One & Done)

I absolutely love the Smashbox Full Exposure mascara! But it does seem to get a lot of hate. 

It's my absolute favorite for every day! It makes me look like I'm wearing falsies.

I'm with you @JennBeth on Lights, Camera, Lashes - it doesn't bother my eyes, but just doesn't work for me as a formulation. I didn't like Tarteist Lash Paint either. But I am firmly behind Gifted!!

The ABH brow powder and Dipbrow are so-so for me. I stopped using them for a while in favor of pencils (regular ones from drugstore brands like WnW) and eventually the NYX Microbrow pencil (my daily go-to!) and don't even reach for the ABH products anymore. I have fairly thick and dark brows, so it's easy for me to go overboard with the Dipbrow, and the brow powder just doesn't give me the look I want.

With the NYX pencil, I just need a few strokes to fill in the gaps and smooth out the edges of my brows and I'm done! I do like the ABH brow gel, but I'll probably go for a cheaper dupe once I finish up my current tube.

Abh brow wiz is so so for me now. I used to love it but it seems like I can't get enough pigment or defined brow with it anymore. Instead I been switching between the ABH pomade and the colourpop pencil. I actually really love the colourpop pencil way more than the brow wiz. It's almost like the pomade in the brow wiz pencil.

I tried multiple colors many times of the dip brow and I just couldn't lol. Maybe Im heavy handed, but my brows just looked FAKE! ABH brow duo powder tho? That is my JAM for the past 5 years lol

Colourpop, I'm sorry.  I love the highlighters and sometimes like the eye shadows (though they're not simple to apply).  But I just don't get the rest.

i'm in between on colorpop. the prices allow me to try colors i'm unsure about for a magnificent price. the ultra mattes liquid lipsticks were so much fun but the moment the slightest hint of oil touched them they'd slide all over my face. it became too stressful to make it worth it, for me. and i found the lipliners too slippery, which i was sooooo bummed about.

but i LOVE their highlighters so much !

@jemly I'm with you on the highlighters.  Overall, I'm not sold on the products.  But the highlighters are amazing.  Occasionally, an eye shadow shade blows me away.  The other stuff is always just fine.  IMO, their biggest flaw is in the actual shades, even more than formula.  If you think about a brand like Nars, and how they get color.  Colourpop does lots of colors but they're like crayons not makeup.

Except the highlighters.

Stila liquid lipsticks

This formula is horrible on me. I have about 5 minis from different sets and I can't wear them. They are so drying that it flakes off my lips after a few minutes of wearing. I love ultra mattes but this is terrible on my lips 😕

Preach!  The colors are lovely, and they look and feel great for about 15 minutes.  Then my lips start to feel constricted and parched.  I've even tried them with balms and treatments underneath.  Nothing helps.

On the other end of that spectrum:  Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks.  They NEVER dry down.  Which means they transfer.  I don't mind it for lip glosses, or non-matte liquid lips, but I can't get this one to work for me.

6 Replies