Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

In Your Shower

How many products do you keep in your shower?  My husband say's I have "too much crap."   I was just wondering how everyone else compares!

My husband has a bottle of Irish Spring.

I have:

Hair

L'Occitane Sensitive Scalp Shampoo

L'Occiane Soothing Conditioner

Phyto Intelligent Shampoo

Phytobaume Conditioner

Body

Korres Watermelon Body Scrub

Red Flower Moroccan Rose Oil

Philosophy Cinnamon Buns Shower Gel

Sephora Vanilla Cupcake Bubble Bath

Face

Freeze 24/7 Ice Crystals Face Polish

Smashbox Emulsion Lip Exfoliant

Anthony Glycolic Facial Cleanser

Re: In Your Shower

I don't keep a lot physically in my shower. I tend to rotate products. Currently, I have three products in the shower.

Lush Rehab- Shampoo

Lush Retread- Conditioner

Lush Aura Suavis- Shower Gel

My God, I feel like a Lush snob. I do also love The Body Shop & Philosophy as well though.

I was really trying to lessen the amount of products I had in the shower, but I've ended up adding to the list.  Now what I have (that stays in the shower) is:  

- Redken Blonde Glam Shampoo
- Redken Blonde Glam Conditioner

- Redken Blonde Glam Color Enhancer (Perfect Platinum)
- Matrix Shade Memory Shampoo
- Matrix Shade Memory Conditioner

- Aussie Shampoo
- Aussie Deep Conditioner

- TIGI Bed Head Self-Absorbed Shampoo
- TIGI Bed Head Self-Absorbed Conditioner

- Ulta Body Wash

- Bar Soap

- Two different micro-bead facial cleansers

- Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar
- 4 different brands of razors

I really need to quit buying shampoo and conditioner until I've used up some of what I've got.  I can hear my hubby muttering under his breath about all my shampoo and stuff everytime he gets in the shower (ha, ha). 🙂

Wow that is a LOT of stuff!!!

I have:

Giovanni Shampoo

Giovanni Conditioner

Nivea Touch of Happiness Body Wash

Olay Creme Ribbons Body Wash

Acnetix

A Pouf

GOOD threat. I love knowing what other people use lol

I shared with my bf for 6 years and he always threatened to throw things out since the bathtub's counter was minimal.

At the moment I have

-La Coupe volumizing shampoo

-Pantene Pro-V deep treatment hair mask ( I use that instead of conditioner, every other day)

-Spectro Gel facial Cleanser

-Exfoliating bath gloves

-Irish Spring Soap

-Razor

-Pumice Stone

OOOh good question.

Lets see:

Hair: Shampoo,conditioner (John Frieda Brilliant bruneete works wonders for me)

Body: Bar of soap, bath and body eucalyptus body scrub and wash (it smells amazing)

Face: 3 in 1 facial cleanser, black head scrub

Yup at the moment I think that's about it LOL probably will add more to it later this month. 😉

Currently

-Pantene Nature Fusion Shampoo

-Pantene Nature Fusion Conditioner

-Proactiv (the 1st step)

-Korres ShowerGel

-Oliveolgy shaving gel

-Razor

-Sephora Collection Precision Pore Cleansing Pad

-Lufa!

In my Cabinet

-Living Proof Straight Making No Frizz Treatment

-Living Proof Hair Spray

-Pantene Heat Protectent (For thick hair)

-The Body Shop Body Scrub (Olive)

-The Body Shop Body Butter (Olive)

-Chanel No. 5 Lotion

I have a lot in y shower too! Hair- -A &G renew clarifying shampoo in the huge pump 1 litre bottle -L'occitane lavender clarifying shampoo -L'occitane lavender detangling condtioner -moroccanoil deep moisturizing hair mask -wide toothes comb for detanling Body- -L'occitane blue round soap{forget the name} -Ivory body wash -nair hair removal cream -my razor -L'occitane verbena shower exfoliator -dove green tea and cucumber soap Face- -L'occitane red rice clarifying mask -little round pink facial pad{$6 at sephora} -ponds face cream for sensitve skin Ya, so that's what I have in my shower... I know.. I need to get rid of some stuff... LOL!

@beebrunet: your shower sounds like fun, too!

Ojon hydrating thickening shampoo and conditioner
Ojon restorative treatment
Eucerin calming shower oil
Homemade olive oil, sea salt, and lavender body scrub
Clarisonic w a facial and body brush
Wide tooth comb
Sea sponge
Razor
Facial sponge
Dermologica precleanse
Branded under my dermotologist's name:
-lactic acid cleansing foam
-facial scrub
-mud mask

My husband has unscented dove body wash, shaving cream, and head and shoulders

@lashreece: I would LOVE to shower in your shower! I love Ojon restorative and your homemade scrub! Ah.......! 🙂

mermadelove wrote:

@lashreece: I would LOVE to shower in your shower! I love Ojon restorative and your homemade scrub! Ah.......! 🙂

It's so much fun to shower in a fellow beauty-lover's shower! I have a sister who is like me- she has so much stuff. She loves to come over and use my shower and I hers!

This conversation made me buy two more shower gels at the drugstore when I have the Narnia cabinet full of more stuff. And now I'm on the hunt for a good unscented body scrub and body butter. Any suggestions, fellow hoarders?

officegal wrote:

This conversation made me buy two more shower gels at the drugstore when I have the Narnia cabinet full of more stuff. And now I'm on the hunt for a good unscented body scrub and body butter. Any suggestions, fellow hoarders?

If you want an unscented body scrub, make your owl using a combination of olive, almond and/or jojoba oil and sea salt or sugar. You can also make your own body butter by whipping together aloe vera gel, water, and shea butter. The essential whoelsale website also has unscented bases of body butters, lotions, and conditioners that you could order. Essential Wholesale dot com. I've used their stuff before and it is really good! The shipping is what gets you, though!

mermadelove wrote:

officegal wrote:

If you want an unscented body scrub, make your owl using a combination of olive, almond and/or jojoba oil and sea salt or sugar. You can also make your own body butter by whipping together aloe vera gel, water, and shea butter. The essential whoelsale website also has unscented bases of body butters, lotions, and conditioners that you could order. Essential Wholesale dot com. I've used their stuff before and it is really good! The shipping is what gets you, though!

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll have to save this for the DIY season I go through now and then!  Maybe I'll look for a pretty jar to put it in and then give it a try.  😄

Tags:

@officegal - BodyTime (dot) com has a ton of unscented products.  I saw one of their moisturizers featured in a magazine (I think Allure Beauty Awards) and I signed up for their catalogs and emails.  I haven't ordered from them yet, but I've been stalking their site for quite awhile and my wish list is a mile long!

@j12003 - Good grief woman!  🙂  My husband would kick me out of the bathroom if I kept all that in the shower! (I too have an addiction to shower gels, but I keep them in some plastic drawer units when they're out of rotation.)

@mermade - We are absolutely NOT counting bodycare that is in drawers and closets.  Out of sight out of mind! 

@Kalex

hahaha I know! I am obsessed. I try to only put a few shower gels in the shower at a time but "some how" my shower gels accumulate and than all of a sudden they are all in the shower. But trust me, my boyfriend is either dropping one of the shower gels and than I hear him freaking out at me which normally includes some 'very kind' words! But I know I have a problem with shower gels... seriously, when writing down what I had in the shower... I than realized WOW I have way to many shower gels. I'm assuming I have been in denial over my shower gels... 

Oh boy, well I am known in this household that I have a bit of a obsession with body wash/skincare... with that being said, I have the following:

HAIR:

-Tigi S Factor Shampoo 

-Tigi S factor Conditioner 

-WEN Cleansing Conditioner... Now, one may ask "Why do you have shampoo and conditioner and than this cleansing conditioner which acts as a shampoo and conditioner combined?" Well because I only use the shampoo and conditioner to get out my OJON restorative treatment, my WEN doesn't do the job. But if anyone has tried WEN they know... it is amazing. Plus it keeps my color in my hair (which is currently red, even though I have an old pic of myself with blonde hair). 

FACE:

-Philosophy's Purity Made Simple. 

-Kate Somerville's Exfolikate 

-Philosophy's Micorodelivery Exfoliating Face Wash

-My Clarisonic PLUS

BODY: This is were it gets dangerous!

-Philosophy SnowMan 3 in 1 Shower Gel (this only comes out during Christmas and I am in love with this scent. I have 4 backups in my cabinet just of this scent.. its my favorite)

-Philosophy Apricot and Cream 3 in 1 Shower Gel 

-Philosophy Birthday Cake (Got this from sephora for my bday... its just the "travel" size) 

-Philosophy Tangerine Lime 3 in 1 Shower Gel 

-Philosophy Amazing Grace 3 in 1 Shower Gel 

-Philosophy Bubble Gum 3 in 1 Shower Gel (Another favorite!)

-Philosophy's Peppermint Candy Cane Body Scrub

-Korres Fig Body Scrub

-Dolce & Gabana's Light Blue Body Gel

-L'Occitane Bar of Soap in Verbena 

-Dial Bar of Soap... for when I get a new tattoo, which I just did the other day! 

You could say I am addicted to Philosophy! I love love love their body washes, they are absolutely the best! My boyfriend has definitely made comments to me about how I just have way to much "crap" in the shower and how ridiculous I am for continuing to buy body washes. But I just can't resist wonderful smelling body washes. 

We have one of those corner shower stand things (shelfs or shelves? I don't know the right spelling!) and all of my body washes are stacked in them, I take up 4 out of the 5 shelves just for my body washes. My boyfriend only gets a little space for his: Axe Shampoo, Old Spice Body Wash and his beloved Clean & Clear face scrub... Poor guy!  

@j12003: You win! PS: I'm addicted to Philosophy, too...I don't think they've ever put out a shower gel that I haven't loved, or wanted. Even the ones that you'd think wouldn't be appealing -- a margarita scented shower gel, really? -- Yes, please! That Senorita Margarita smells amazing. And Vanilla Birthday Cake? YUM. I know a lot of people don't like desserty-smelling shower gels, but the scent really doesn't linger. Love! : )

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
testing