Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

If you could only have one beauty product...

If you could only have one beauty product, what would it be? After a long thought, I finally decided it would have to be benefit's confessions of a concealaholic kit to conceal and brighten? What's yours?

Re: If you could only have one beauty product...

If I could only have one product, I'd choose a skincare product.

As far as brands carried at Sephora, I'd go with Clinique City Block Sheer, because it is tinted and has SPF.

Outside of the realms of Sephora, I'd choose a Lush moisturizer, probably Celestial. If  I can only choose one product, I'd prefer one with natural ingredients.

Wow that is hard. I think I would say foundation, because you can double it up as concealer for under eye circles (mine are really dark). 

toothpaste...does that count?  If not, I'd get that Josie Maran duo stick for lips and cheeks.

My first thought was, "I would rather shoot myself in the foot..." 

But really, foundation.  I have very pinky, uneven skin and foundation is my friend.

I do agree with the sunscreen though. (But for this thread I refuse to acknowledge it as a beauty product.)  I'm very fair and covered with freckles and small moles.  I had a mole on my back removed last summer and I never want to do that again - very painful ("It will sting." she said.  Um no.  Hurts like $#@*&) and scary waiting for the results too.

I'm also 30 and I never get carded anymore!  But I think it has alot to do with the 4 children I always have with me when we're out to dinner.  That's what I tell myself anyway!

This is really hard, but I'm going to say lip balm. Boring, but without it, my full lips would bleed and peel, not attractive. Oh, and definitely sunscreen.

My nuetrogena butter cream body lotion. It is the best lotion I have ever tried and it make me smell like cake with butter cream frosting. Now who doesn't want to smell like cake? lol

Tags:

my sunscreen for sure!

Ugh I hate these questions cause I love so many different products!

Probably face moisturizer. I know this sounds silly but I have dry skin and if I dont moisturizer right after I wash my face my face feels tight....kind of like I just had a face lift. haha. 

Mychelle Sun Shield! Its a great natural sunscreen thats also a heavy duty moisturizer! It rubs in completely, unlike most natural sunblocks, never stings/burns my face and its very effective! 

Oh man thats SO tough! honestly I would go with Sunscreen, specifically my Neutrogena's Dry touch 100 SPF... yes thats right, 100 spf. A little ridiculous but you can never be too safe! 

But if it has to be makeup related I would go with my Laura Mercier's Creme Silk Foundation in Soft Ivory. I have a lot of acne scarring/redness and this foundation makes my skin/complexion look flawless. LOVE IT! 

@j12003, @anaa, @prettyinpa: I'm definitely a sunblock fanatic. My friends and family laugh at me for wearing sunblock every day (Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF 70, OR Neutrogena Age Shield Face SPF 110)...but I'm 30, and I get carded every single time (recently, I was just like, "...Seriously...?" as I handed over my ID). I don't have amazing genes, either, so my craziness must be doing something...at least that's what I tell myself. 🙂

@katie: You are not crazy, I can speak from personal experience that having to have a suspicious mole removed, and waiting for the biopsy (talk about nerve-wracking!) is just no fun. It is just so easy these days to apply sunscreen, it has come a long way from that gooey white stuff that never dried that I remember from when I was a kid.

Wow, still getting carded, what an honor!  Keep up the good work!

@prettyinpa: That must have been awful! I had a friend who went through the same thing (and she always stayed out of the sun, too!).

And -- thanks! For the record, I don't actually think I look under 21, but it's nice that someone is suspicious, I guess!

Katie, you remind me of my daughter...I was diligent about sunscreen on her when she was a kid, and she has been as well.  She's 30 and people are always asking her what year of school...high school, she is in!  She is very fair and has virtually no wrinkles or sun damage.  So, you're definitely doing the right thing!

@anaa: What a good mom! I've had to harrass both my parents to wear sunscreen over the years. My dad flat out refuses, because "he doesn't burn." It's pointless to argue that it's still damaging...

My mom has gotten better -- but she used to tan outdoors and in tanning beds, and I have a sneaking suspicion that my sister still does. How my parents raised such a sun nut, I have no idea!

I don't think anyone would still think I was in high school, so props to your daughter!! 😄

If I could only have one beauty product, it would have to be something like body butter or lotion! Because I could use it on my face if I thinned it with water, and I could also use it on my hands and on my hair! I get so dry in the winter that this is a must!

You're SO funny, j12003! 100 spf-where are you planning on going? To the sun? LOL!

THX for contributing everyone... keep it up! 🙂

Tags:

I agree that sunscreen is really important and I wish I had been more diligent using it.  I think this question was previously posed, and I responded then that the product I have experienced the biggest impact from, and one that I would replace immediately if I had to, is the Clarisonic Mia.  If I had access to no additional products (God forbid) , I would be happy with how my skin looks while using it.

Does sunscreen count as a beauty product?  If so, then I vote for my LaRoche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra light fluid sunscreen. Without it I would promptly burn up in the sun and look like a potato chip!

If you want a makeup item, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, I was so sick of finding my eyeshadow and liner everywhere but on my lids before I started using this.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
testing