Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

I own more eye shadow than any other product of makeup, but I don't use it often!

Anyone else have the same condition as me? LOL. I LOVE buying eye shadow, its my favorite purchase; palettes, singles, quads, trio's, cream, powder, etc. But darn it, I use it less than the majority of my other makeup products, why? Who knows, I think I just love looking at it in my collection.

What are some products you like to buy, but don't use as often as you should, for the quantity you're buying? Or is it just me?

Re: I own more eye shadow than any other product of makeup, but I don't use it often!

Definitely eyeshadow for me as well, along with eyeliner. I stick to the basics most of the time, I don't need 10 palettes that look exactly the same. But I have them all anyways...

Re: I own more eye shadow than any other product of makeup, but I don't use it often!

I'm right there with ya! There is no way I would run out of eyeshadow for several years as of now, but I'm sure I'll just keep buying it. LOL

I own a whole crate full of lipsticks and glosses.... and I only use about 3 of them religiously. *Facepalm*

That sounds like me!!!! Lol

knadala, i force myself to wear eyeshadow. Sometimes I try new looks at night (even though I'm not going out). I'll try a new technique I heard or read about… or just mess around with colors. 

I have a bad habit of finding a look that works and constantly recreating it all the time, especially when I'm in a rush. I only seem to experiment after I watch some YouTube videos.

Unfortunately this means that I usually get stuck on a few of the same colors for a week or so until I find time to switch it up. Naked on Naked1 has panned while all the others still look fresh and new! 

I do the same thing! I'll see a look on youtube and then I need ALL the colors/products that were used. It's been more severe after watching Jaclyn Hill again. lol Smiley Wink

I get stuck on a single palette all the time! It's a bad habit. I've had the Lorac Pro for over a month and I still haven't tried it out, I have others that I kind of default to.

Me too with eyeshadow. I use it A LOT, don't get me wrong, but there will be 2-3 days a week without eyeshadow but I can't seem to stop buying them! Do I need all 12 palettes? No. Will I be buying more anyway? Yes. Do I need more singles? No way! But I still feel the need to buy more (in fact I have some bobbi brown and MUFE coming in today!). I have a problem with pretty packaging or colors. hahaSmiley Happy

I have the same problem, but with lip products. I have purchased a lot of lip products lately, more than I can use. A few months ago, I didn't care much about anything other than  a lip balm...so I don't know how the obsession started, but now I can't stop. 

I only use lip balm...but I have a ton of lip products. It's so weird. I bought Hautecore and I won't even use it! I have a problem lol.

me too!! I love how lipsticks look and i have so many of them but dont wear them enough. maybe like once a month

eyeshadow!! I should probably throw out a lot of really old ones in my collection... oops!

I definitely buy too many eyeshadow palettes.  I do actually use them and wear eyeshadow daily and love playing with them, but I've probably got enough eyeshadow to last the entire rest of my life.  I don't know why I just love buying them so much too!

My life in a nutshell!

Along with my hoards of eye shadow and palettes, I also collect way too much concealer. I have horrible dark circles so I am buying new concealer all the time in hopes to eventually find "the one." No such luck yet!

Ha, I love concealer, too.  I'm not sure if "the one" is out there, but I'm willing to try and find it!

Do you happen to have thoughts on the Shiseido creamy one?  I think that's my next concealer purchase..

I have not tried that one yet, but I will add it to my list.

I have tried: YSL - No color match for me. Dior - allergic, Nars - allergic, Marc Jacobs - ehh it is ok, Too Faced - I use this one with the MJ one and they are ok but not perfect. Laura Mercier is next on my list.

I too feel the need to buy every concealer to see if I can find my HG. I am currently using 3 at once to sort of get it right. Hangs head in shame. Nothing works to cover my blue veins.

Eyeshadow and nailpolish (and purses) are my downfall.

It's all the beautiful colors...and cutesy palettes.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats