Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

I Tried The Cheapest Makeup From The Internet, Here’s My Review

You’re scrolling through social media when you pass an advertisement for an online retailer like Amazon, Wish,  etc… Somehow, it knows your wants, needs, and addictions, including your love of makeup and skincare. (How does it know!? Stop spying on me! 😠😡😤) It suggests a bunch of beauty products at some very eye catching prices. $5 foundation? $3 eyeshadow? Its too good to be true! It’s so cheap but is it any good? Have I be spending waaay too much on my HG’s? Well, I took a dive and decided to give some of these cheap products a try to satisfy my own curiosity and I thought I’d share my thoughts with everyone else here. Here’s look I made with these products.

E44945AC-A6FC-4B3C-A730-E15FE116C975.jpeg

D9D6303E-C8C4-43C2-B0C5-590060DF3D8D.jpeg

Foundation ($5)

Spoiler

It’s from a brand called Dimshow. I can’t find any information outside of the retailer on it. It promised to be hydrating, glowy, full coverage, blur imperfections, and transfer proof. I wouldn’t necessarily call it hydrating but it didn’t dry out my skin either. I found it to be more on the matte side, so this would suit someone with normal to oily skin better. Coverage was medium, but it did nothing to hide or blue my pores and scars. The plus side is the shade range. They have 3 shades, as opposed to just two that most other cushion foundations come in. The darkest shade was almost spot on for me, being just a tad warmer than my natural skin tone. This would be perfect come summer time. 6/10. I’ll continue using the one I bought on occasion but probably won’t be buying another one.

Eyeshadow Glitter ($4)

Spoiler
So pretty! It’s a very liquidy formula, like a suspension of glitter. The way it was advertised, it looked like you were supposed the doe foot applicator swipe it on top of your eyeshadow or anywhere else you want glitter. The liquid solvent evaporates quickly, leaving the glitter behind. I need to experiment with this one more because when I put it on my powder eyeshadow, it took the eyeshadow with it! I tried tapping it on gently, which worked a little better but still kept taking my eyeshadow. Setting spray made no difference. It might work better with a cream based eyeshadow but I don’t have any to try with at the moment. Currently 7/10. If I can make this work, I’m definitely repurchasing.

C39CBD52-1E50-4843-8E8D-E1668E0162E9.jpeg

8C98F6BB-DFD3-47DD-975E-6531124D6483.jpeg

Eyeliner ($10)

Spoiler

I opted for a full rainbow of colours. They’re pointed and twist to extend, so no sharpener requires. When I swatched them straight onto my arm, they mostly came out smooth and pigmented. However, when I used the blue on top of my eyeshadow on my lash line, they skipped a little and weren’t coming off as vibrant as the swatch on my arm. The pink and white for the flowers were just fine, though the white started to mix with the pink. 6/10. I prefer felt-tipped eyeliners, so I won’t be repurchasing these. I’ll get as many fun looks as I can before I go hunting for felt-tipped ones.

9841D098-A10A-4466-BF82-20FA22EEB0DC.jpeg

False Lashes ($3.50)

Spoiler

I don’t have any clustered, pointed lashes like these, so I opted to try them. The band is incredibly thin and clear, making them perfect for the precious little real estate that are my eye lids and they aren’t so crazy long that they interfere with my glasses when I blink. I absolutely love these! 10/10. Will definitely repurchase.

Eyeshadow Palette ($10)

Spoiler

Hello dupe of Kaja’s eyeshadow bento trio! This looks exactly like it, down to the packaging. I missed out on Kaja’s version during the last sale around the holidays, so I when I saw this, I had to try it. As with most glitter, it’s best applied with finger tips. Packaging is unique but if you want to go back and forth between the three shades, you have to close one to get to the next. I wish I had the real deal to see if it’s just the packaging they replicated or if this is a full on facsimile. 8/10. This is a maybe for repurchasing.

456694A2-6365-4D45-B51B-A32308A7E756.jpeg28C0817B-44A8-4301-9893-45312699C26B.jpeg

The website said 3 pieces, which I interpreted as the 3 colours. Instead, they sent me three identical palettes! I only need one, so if anyone is interested, I’ll mail one to you! Send me a message and we’ll figure something out. Also, if you made it this far, thank you for reading this entire review!

TLRD: Don’t be afraid to try new things! You might end up liking them. 

Re: I Tried The Cheapest Makeup From The Internet, Here’s My Review

I missed this post, how fun! Thanks for sharing your experience! @JoSometimes 

No problem @sister13! It was a fun experience and I ended up liking a few of the things I bought. 

@JoSometimes  wow you are so brave!! I am such a chicken when it comes to ordering off of Amazon wish ect. I’ve never ordered any makeup off of them!! Looks like you liked most of them! Great job! 

Thanks @ather! I guess I have a bit of a “try everything once” kind of mentality. I like to get my hands dirty and form my own opinions from first hand knowledge. It was a fun experiment and the price was easy to justify. 😊

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos7
  • D9D6303E-C8C4-43C2-B0C5-590060DF3D8D.jpeg
  • E44945AC-A6FC-4B3C-A730-E15FE116C975.jpeg
  • 9841D098-A10A-4466-BF82-20FA22EEB0DC.jpeg
  • C39CBD52-1E50-4843-8E8D-E1668E0162E9.jpeg
  • 8C98F6BB-DFD3-47DD-975E-6531124D6483.jpeg
  • 456694A2-6365-4D45-B51B-A32308A7E756.jpeg