Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Husbands/partners/relatives/friends//randos say the darndest things!

Husbands/partners/relatives/friends and COMPLETE RANDOS often say the darndest things about beauty and appearance, am I right?? Post your annoying and/or amusing anecdotes here! 

Re: Husbands/partners/relatives/friends//randos say the darndest things!

@Grahamcrackers I like it when I get weird comments.  Like when clients with cognitive disorders tell my I have "chocolate hair" or "pudding hair!"

RE: Husbands/partners/relatives/friends//randos say the darndest things!

My husband calls Sephora the sunken place. Smh.

This is why I don't let my kids draw me...

kids.JPG

Spoiler
k1.JPGk2.JPG

I had a knit dress that was super comfortable, more in the business casual side, but it had Black and Tan stripes. My bf said j looked like the hamburgler and then I never wore the dress again

Omg, not the hamburglar! This is why I will not wear stripes.....afraid my boyfriend would say that to me as well. I am trying not to laugh, because it is awful yet funny at the same time.😯

Seriously! So awful!. I recognized the cartoon but didn't know it was called the hamburgler so I had to google it at the time. I really tried to hold in my giggles, because I was still grumpy about him comparing me to that. But still kinda funny

Please don't call us the Hamburglar because we like to wear stripes!! Smiley Very Happy 

hamburgler-264x300.jpg

God he is so ridiculous looking!! LOL

I agree, though it would be funny to see some random shopper in Sephora wearing a Hamburglar costume on Halloween...lol! 

My dad just turned 89 y/o a couple of days ago. He's always been known for saying what was on his mind, without any filters whatsoever. Usually, I am on the receiving end of his comments since I care for him most often. But the other day, my prim, proper, business executive (and rather snobby, unfortunately) sister got it instead of me after she finally made the trip to see him. I about died laughing. As she was leaning over my dad in his wheel chair to give him a birthday kiss he said, "You need to trim your nose hairs."  Bwahaha! 

Not beauty or appearance related, but as today is my birthday I'm calling a 'birthday exception'! Smiley Tongue

The relative who kept making a 'joke' about trading my 10 year old dog for a new puppy. I can't even with that.

I mean seriously, who would actually do that or think the idea even, should be joked about?? NOBODY WORTH KNOWING! And it's a relative so I don't see them very often but until one of us dies...

Happy Birthday =D

Happy birthday! Pets are the family we choose. They're always so full of love. I don't understand people who don't get that we don't own our pets, they're part of the family. More valued than some stupid relatives. I hope you can ignore or avoid the idiot and have more snuggles with your baby Smiley Happy

Happy birthday!!!

Thank goodness you own your dog and your relative does not!

Thanks!

After 10 years, my dog has given me so much unconditional love and the kind of cuddles you can only get from the fuzzies with 4 legs - I could never ever abandon her. Many, many years from now (I hope) when she passes and I've grieved there will be another, not a replacement because she's irreplaceable, but another furry companion to help heal the holes in my heart until such time as I pass on and reunite with my 'pack'.

I completely understand @GennX, pets are family (better than family, in my experience). They love you no matter what and are the most wonderful companions. I've had my cat for a few years, and a lot of people in my life don't like cats, so I get a lot of nasty comments (like, "I'm going to use him for target practice. The only good cat is a dead cat."). I know it's a "joke" but it isn't funny in the least bit. My cat loves me more than anything in the world and I love him to death. How can anyone make a joke like that and think it's amusing? Smiley Sad

Cats are so misunderstood! Sure, my cats aren't as happy to see us when we get home (and they typically are nowhere to be found once we've fed them), but that doesn't make them any less loving and cuddly.

My cats tend to run away when people visit (because they run from the doorbell) and don't like to be approached or petted. Non-cat people just don't get that's how some cats are, and say our cats not friendly, when they're simply being cats.

Guests leave, and kitties come right back out to play!

wow we have very different cats. Mine are so up in my business that I am not even allowed to use the bathroom without 'supervision'.

and gosh help me if I shut the door.. MEEEEOOOOOWWWWWW.

We've shut doors in our house ever since our cats were 10-week old kittens, they were never allowed into our bedroom without supervision. I love my cats, but personally do not want them walking all over my pillows (especially after using the litter box...yuck!) and I wouldn't be able to sleep with pets in the bed. They are completely cool with that and prefer their scratch post! They both prefer DH over me but in general very independent.

@Insomniacmuffin yours cats sound like mine, hahaha. My cat sleeps beside me like a spouse (with his head on the pillow) and tries to climb right into the shower with me. He needs to be at my side all the time. If he can't get to me he meows so loudly you can hear him from outside!