Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential

Humidity proof makup

I will be going to Florida for week, and I'm unsure on what type of makeup I should pack. I'm bringing my NARS tinted but for the blush, contour, bronzer, and highlighter. Would cream, liquid or powder be best for the humidity? 

Also should I bring my setting and finishing powder or would it cake up? Any advice would be deeply appreciated. Thanks 

Re: Humidity proof makup

Urban decay- all nighter spray> sets your make up!  I'm not a big fan of urban decay, but I love this spray!   I used it when we when we went on a hiking/ kayaking trip in the ozarks.   I swear it was raining or misting everyday.  I still looked great in the pictures! 

Re: Humidity proof makup

I live in FL and since summer is almost over you won't have to deal with the heat as much as you would in June or July.

I think you can wear your usual makeup just, yes, definitely bring a setting spray and/or setting powder. Perhaps even blotting wipes (to combat sweat not just oil).

For reference, I wear silicone primers with liquid foundation and my highlighter, blush, etc are powder. My other makeup junkie friend wears only powders on her face. Neither of us have issues with it sliding off or melting or anything. I set my face with either urban decay setting spray or laura mercier translucent setting powder. During the rainy months I sometimes switch to waterproof mascara but that's not usually necessary either.

I hope you enjoy your trip!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing