Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

How has inflation changed your beauty habits?

It's no secret that prices have been increasing.  Every time I turn around, it seems like something is more expensive.  Which begs the question, how inflation changed you beauty habits?  If you've been finding less expensive dupes, doing without, or have discovered ways to extend the life of products, please share!

images.jpe

Re: How has inflation changed your beauty habits?

hello,  In my opinion, inflation doesn't play a great role in the beauty products, it will be used or bought if a beautiful lady demands.

@greeneyedgirl107 

Groceries are so expensive that I have seriously not been able to pay my regular bills, so except for using a giftcard I received, I haven't bought anything beauty related but my basic moisturizer since Feb. 

@heavyhedon I'm sorry to hear that!  The state of things these days is really atrocious.  

@greeneyedgirl107 I don’t think inflation has really impacted my spending, but I live in nyc where a lot of stuff is already inflated for location and I don’t have a car so I haven’t been impacted day to day by gas

i think my spending is more impacted by work from home 

I'd like to say that inflation has changed my spending beauty spending, but it hasn't.  I've considered finding lower cost dupes for products, but I'm pretty loyal to all the products I use.  I just don't think it'd be worth it to try to find replacements.  Plus, it's not like everything I use it prestige -  it's a range.  And I've always tried to buy all beauty on sale or at least with a good GWP, so there's nothing more to do in that area.  

@greeneyedgirl107 - I noticed the price of a few items I use have gone up between $1 and $4.  I'm fine with the lower end; that happens, but $4?! 🤑  I've been on a no-buy since the beginning of the year until the sale, now I'm going back on a no-buy.

@greeneyedgirl107 Great topic! I'm still shopping my stash so I haven't really noticed anything. I can say I don't like the costs of candles haha those things are expensive. 

This is an interesting topic to see how it plays out with spending this year, @greeneyedgirl107. Personally, I haven't noticed too many changes or changed my habits too much, but that's also a bit because I had previously decided I wanted to be a little more mindful of my purchases and shop my current stash a little more. I did see several members of Sephora's reddit community discussing how several products increased in price by a few dollars here and there at the beginning of April. It will be interesting to see what other increases we'll see as the year goes on. I'm also curious about what will eventually be the "limit" to make something a worthy purchase. Like, if I'm ok with a certain brand lipstick being $36 now, will I still be ok with it at $38? $40? It's a good question to think about!

@quspork I like your lipstick question. I actually think I would spend drastically less if they went from $36 to $40. It might not seem like that big of a jump, but a lot of us buy and never use. So I am definitely going to be more careful about what I buy. I'd buy more $36 lipsticks and just keep hoarding them. But, $40 I would only buy 1 or 2 and that's if my stash goes down enough I feel I'd use them enough to justify the cost. 

Good topic! Honestly I haven’t noticed beauty prices increasing yet but I figure they will. I’ve been trying to use what I have and buy less new. And experiencing with bumping out hair wash days to extend product and my keratin treatment. And doing my own nails which is kind of fun. 

@AnneMCC I agree on the nails part - I haven't gotten my nails done in the last 2 years so I've been doing my own nails from time to time and it works just fine for snapping a couple pics!

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 46 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos1
  • images.jpe
testing