Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

How do I find makeup that isn’t cakey on my skin?

All foundations and concealers I’ve ever tried have all looked cakey, crusty and dusty on my skin so can someone please tell me how to find a product that looks natural on my skin?🙏🙏

Tags:

Re: How do I find makeup that isn’t cakey on my skin?

hola! 

Puede ser tambien tu piel, hay que mantenerla hidratada y muy limpia constantemente y con los productos adecuados para tu piel, porque de lo contrario sucede esto, o se apelmaza o se te agrietan.

A mi me sucedia en el contorno de ojos y compre infinidad de productos, caros, baratos, etc.

hasta que me dijeron esto y wow! es lento el proceso pero muy eficiente.

tambien tiene mucho que ver el que hidrates tu cuerpo, tomar mucha agua y comer saludablemente. 😉

saludos!!

Do you own any facial mists or sprays, @evaaaaV? Some are small enough to keep with you and freshen up throughout the day/evening.

Hi @evaaaaV. I agree with @missaa8 on prepping your skin first. A good skincare routine will go a long way to helping your makeup look good.

If it’s been a while, try exfoliating first. Any texture will just be accentuated by your makeup, so removing dry, flakey skin will help with a smooth base. After that, moisturize your skin. I’ve seen so many videos of makeup artists drizzle expensive moisturizers on first before starting their makeup. While it does look excessive, makeup can sometimes draw moisture out of your skin, so having excess moisture helps balance that out. It doesn’t need to be expensive to be effective.

A good primer can help give your makeup something to grip onto. Some people use a dedicated primer, while others just use the last bit of their skincare routine as primer. 

Sometimes, it’s just a matter of taking extra time to really blend it out and get just a thin layer of product. Too much can build up and set in interesting ways. 

Lastly, some makeup products work better for different skin types. I have dry skin, so I avoid anything meant for people with oily skin. 

I hope there are some tips here that can help you get your makeup looking the way you want. Good luck!

@JoSometimes is 100% correct.

I'm not a licensed professional, but what's worked for my routine is starting with a fresh, smooth base and remembering to hydrate&moisturize ️ I hope this helps!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing