Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
Anonymous Insider

How can I apply foundation with out lines appearing?

Hi, I've got a big question for a long While, why does my foundation create line on my forehead? Everytime I apply foundation I avoid the T zone area because my foundation creates lines on my forehead building up, the foundation creates pores on my upper lip, and creates bumps on my nose. Basically I only apply foundation on my cheeks and neck and I'd like to know how I can I begin to apply foundation without lines being created

Re: How can I apply foundation with out lines appearing?

@Anonymous I think moisturizing your skin real well before the makeup and using a Hydrating primer will be helpful for you. The other thing you need to be careful about it using the powder. In my experience the more powder you use, the more your fine lines are accentuated.

Re: How can I apply foundation with out lines appearing?

@Anonymous,

I agree! I think that using a primer you can see a big difference in how the foundation looks. I suggest trying a smoothing primer like the one by Tatcha, it will help set a soft base for the foundation. You can use this one on specific targeted areas.

Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer

https://www.sephora.com/product/the-silk-canvas-P428661?skuId=1970235&icid2=products%20grid:p428661

❤️ Melissa

How can I apply foundation with out lines appearing?

It sounds like you could start by using a primer. That will even out the skin and keep pores and bumps from being as noticeable under foundation. Then you need to match the type of foundation and your application method. Some foundations apply best with a brush, some a beauty blender/sponge, and some with fingers. Do some testing and see what gets the best results. I'm a big fan of the Sigma F80 flat kabuki brush for my foundation, but everyone is different. Finally you could look at different coverage levels in the foundation. Full coverage can look cakey and thick if you don't need it or haven't practiced applying it much.
Anonymous Insider

Thank you I'll give it a try!

Thank you I'll give it a try!
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing