Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

How Often Do You Go Without Makeup?

An ultimate beauty confession: how often do you not wear makeup?  I was watching a high school reality show with Lanndan (I think it was called Principal's Office), and the girls on there had makeup layered and layered on.  They were late to school because they were doing their makeup!!!  Some of them wore more makeup than certain celebs!!!  What the crap?! 

Anyway, I took this picture a couple of days afterwards and posted my thoughts about the above to Instagram.  I go without makeup at least a couple of times a week, especially when school starts back up lol.  I'm sometimes just too tired to fool with on school days.  I would rather sleep in or take more time to wake up than put makeup on.  Here's me without my light mask on lol.  No face makeup, eye makeup, mascara, or lip stick.  I did comb my eyebrows to make sure they stay in place, though lol.

no makeup.jpg

Re: How Often Do You Go Without Makeup?

I go without make up anywhere from once to three times during the week. I work a Monday-Friday office job but it's pretty small so there's no mandate to be dolled up every day there, but I still do my make up unless I'm just wanting to snooze in a bit more.

On weekends I tend to go out to run errands and on occassion out to dinner or outings with friends or my boyfriend so I'll put something on. Sunday is usually my stay in day, so no make up required, just skin care!

During the summer, me wearing makeup is the exception, not the rule. However, during the school year, I only skip on the occasional Saturday.

Pretty much all this summer - save a few days when I had to go out with a bigger group of people and not just my close friends - I haven't worn any makeup. This kinda stretches back from the middle of March, after AP exams I really just stopped caring. I guess that transferred over to makeup as well, though it's also because I'm trying to let my skin heal, since my nose has had these really odd dry spots recently.

Though, during school I normally put on a little bit of something, though it's pretty light since I like to sleep in the mornings. I've pretty much gone without foundation for a long while. 

Actually, pretty often. Several times a week if I have to get up super early and very rarely during the summer. I'm not one of those people that looks completely different with makeup on, I look the same to myself with or without it so I dont really use it to look better, per se, I just like playing around with color. I'm not skilled in the art department so makeup is as close to painting and drawing as I'm ever going to get. Since I have somewhat of a collection now, meaning more than one of everything, I make it a point to at least use some of it when I leave the house. I never put anything on if I know that I'm going to be at home all day. Makeup is more of a hobby for me, I like learning about different looks and getting great finds, but its not something that I have to put on in order to feel good about myself.

I go out more without my makeup than with and am always told I look better without my makeup than with but I take really good care of my skin to. And you are adorable so you can get away with it to. I hate seeing women and girls with so much makeup I'm emabarrased for them. It looks so much better with a more natural look.

If I know I will be at home all day, I don't put any makeup on (but this usually doesn't happen). I can think of two times I went out without eyeliner on probably in the past decade. Eyeliner is my bare minimum -- I can skip all other makeup, but I usually put eyeliner on before leaving the house.

I try to put at least a little bit of color on my face before I step out of the door or I end up looking ghostly and washed up! I had the earliest class last semester so I ended up either scrambling to put some mascara and lipstick on the road (funny coz when i'm stopped @ red light...I see women do this a lot lol) or go to my first class looking like I just woke up. I make sure i'm all dolled up though when i'm shopping because I tend to get better service that way...

Anywhere from 7 days in a week to 0, depending on my work schedule. My skin is good enough to go without makeup most of the time (thank you getting older!) so I only wear makeup for work and going out to a really good dinner. A trip to the local ice cream shop or semi-fast food place doesn't count. lol Some weeks I work everyday and other weeks I can work from home, so it varies drastically. I used to put on makeup as a fun thing to do around the house, but now I let my skin breathe on days I don't need to look polished.

Hi,

I love this. Even as a makeup artist, I find myself not wearing makeup if I don't need to. I would say I go without wearing makeup most of the time when I am not working. As i'm getting older, I find myself wearing less makeup ... it's not often will you find me in a smokey eye anymore.

It's nice to let my skin breathe sometimes ... especially during the summer when it's really hot! I'm not a fan of melting makeup and it feeling heavy. Smiley Happy

Have a beautiful day everyone!

It really depends on my mood that day. Sometime I feel like breaking out my Sephora bag and sometimes it's all I can do to reach for some lip gloss to feel presentable Smiley Happy

I think it is AWESOME how we go without makeup quite often even though we're fans of Sephora and whatnot!!!  I think the girls on that show I watched could learn a thing or two from reading this.

I go without makeup pretty often, actually (moreso while pregnant, I've found.)    I wore makeup nearly 24/7 in high school, even though it was fairly subtle and natural.  In college, I only wore a bit of makeup when I went to work.  I'm blessed enough to have pretty clear skin, so usually if I dont wear a lot of makeup, the minimum I'll wear if I feel like it is sunscreen, tinted moisturizer and lip gloss.  The last few days here in the Pacific Northwest it's been 100 degree days, so I've pretty much stayed inside due to severe sciatic pain and enjoyed the a/c.

Excellent topic! Back when I was more actively working as a makeup artist I was done up 5 days a week in full foundation, eyeshadow, lipstick, the works! Although I felt super glam, it certainly got to be a bit much...especially when my face was a completely different color from the rest of my skintone as a result of my bare face not getting enough sun o.o.

Now I typically wear makeup 3-4 times a week. When I'm running errands or lounging around the house all I'll use (aside from my skincare products) is some rosebud salve. It's so nice to let my skin breathe every once in a while.

Whimsically yours,
Janine

I make sure I go makeup free at least one day a week. When my skin has breakouts I'd wear foundation everyday but when I have clearer skin, I'll just do concealer and a light dusting of powder. Smiley Happy But mascara is an absolute must for me! It does wonders! Smiley Very Happy

As for full face, I hardly ever do it unless I am hardworking haha!

During the school year, I'd wear light makeup 5 days a week, mainly b/c I teach, not so much for the classes I take (I'm a grad student). And then I teach fitness classes in the evening, so I like to wipe my makeup off before I start sweating. And maybe I'll throw some on during the weekend if I'm going out with friends, but half the time I'd forget.

During the summer, I tend to stay in a lot more and don't bother with makeup just to run errands/go shopping. However, for the past couple of months I've had AWFUL acne (*tear* Smiley Sad  ) and won't leave the house without concealer and a heavy-coverage foundation. Bums me out b/c I'm not really big on so much coverage. I always wore just a little bit of Some Kinda Gorgeous (pretty sheer) and was good to go. So...yeah. At the moment -- can't go without makeup, but typically, I can go a couple days a week without it.  

I have never gone to work without makeup, the change is just too dramatic.  I put makeup on for going shopping or running errands too.  I only go without if I am going to the beach or exercising.

I wear makeup 5 days a week for work and it comes off pretty much as soon as I walk in the door! Thelevel of makeup I wear on the weekends depends on what I am doing... If I am doing stuff around the house or doing some quick errands I will skip the makeup. However, since I work in an office and keep my makeup looks very neutral during the week, i sometimes use the weekends to do some more "daring" or bold looks and have a lot of fun doing so!   I also go makeup free to the gym...I keep makeup wipes in my gym bag for the days I go straight from work.  I do not understand how some ladies workout with full faces of makeup! Sweating off makeup is so uncomfortable and is not flattering on anyone! ;-)

Almost daily.  I have good skin (good routine and genetically blessed).   I only use makeup when i know I'll be photographed or when I'm going out on a special occasion.  Otherwise I'm a lip balm and SS girl.

Every day, I am a man !

ANTOINE

If I am leaving the house, I put on makeup. I used to be really bad and always have a FULL face on all the time ... I have gotten better to wear less for things like running errands. My quick face is bb cream, luminizer, bronzer, mascara and gloss.

26 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • no makeup.jpg