Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

How Do YOU Navigate through Beauty Insider Community (BIC)

Spoiler
Spoiler

If you are new to BIC then I would check out this thread to get started:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/New-to-Community-Here-are-3-Steps-to-Get-Started/m-p/5...

Also, this thread:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/How-to-Post-New-Threads-and-Reply-in-the-Beauty-Inside...

Community guidelines:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/BEAUTY-INSIDER-COMMUNITY-GUIDELINES-Updated-2-4-20...

As more people join the community I thought it would be a cool idea to discuss how YOU navigate through BIC to help others on here that don’t know where to start. Also, what would be your top threads that a newbie should check out first?  I’m interested in hearing all the different responses of how we explore on here and what threads interest us the most. Also, a thread or threads you think people might not know about but should. 

For me, I love navigating through the side bar (left on desktop, right on mobile web) and checking out unanswered first since I feel a lot of people often don’t get their questions answered or are overlooked. After that I head to most recent and go through the first 2 or 3 pages since those pages are where you are going to find current people posting on threads that could be popular or not.  You could also search most popular or by group. 

My top threads that I think people should check out in no particular order:

What are you wearing today Pt2 

Incredible April Hauls 2024 

This changes every month but I love seeing what people get

Virtual Masterclass Thread 

Deals Too Good to Pass Up Volume Six 

Skincare Routine of the Day 

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II 
BIC Made Me Do It!! 
Monthly Favorites: March 2024 Edition!This changes every month 

Active Promo Codes #23 
Ulta GWPs 

2024 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!! 

Here are 3 threads I feel some people may overlook
THE PARTY THREAD (a place where we celebrate everything-birthdays, new ranking, new job, a holiday, a new home or baby, marriage, etc
🌈🦄📦THE UNICORN MAIL THREAD 📦🦄🌈 
 (a place where BIC members share mail received from other BIC members)

RE: FOUND IN THE WILD THREAD!!! A thread for things that are new on Sephora

Re: How Do YOU Navigate through Beauty Insider Community (BIC)

@SportyGirly125 

I like to bookmark conversations that are relevant to me so I can easily go back to them.  That way, I'm able to look up products mentioned faster without having to ask again.

@RAWRitsRED @I love bookmarking too for threads I want to go back on. 

Aww @SportyGirly125, why am I not surprised about you looking at the unanswered questions. You are always so helpful and kind!

Personally I scroll through the first few pages, further back if I have time. I spend the majority in the Masking Challenge. I enjoy Empties, No Buy Low Buy Challenge, and Skincare Routine of the Day. I feel I browse but don't comment often on the Hauls, Deals Too Good to Pass On, Ulta GWP, 100 Days of Lipstick.

I've enjoyed some of the new threads @greeneyedgirl107 created like Products that didn't work for you which some people may not be aware of.

Sorry if my titles aren't correct but hopefully everyone gets the gist.

@ShortErica Wanted to post a heart gif, but can't seem to do it today.  This'll have to do ❤️

Darn BIC updates messing with our posting! You've been so creative and I love it @greeneyedgirl107 🙂

@greeneyedgirl107 @Got you covered

049D4A29-5A60-48B5-B2DF-5BC980BC9D2D.gif

1D54955B-69C2-4C30-B5C4-B416C724B548.gif

260C4364-3E74-4131-BCEE-0FDF6BAA96ED.gif

@SportyGirly125 Wonderful!  Just wonderful!

@ShortErica Thank you for sharing. It’s been interesting to see what interests us and how we navigate on here. 

@SportyGirly125 , I do like to scroll the first page and see what's up. 

I practically live in the Haul thread of the month.   Some of my favorites you've also listed (deals too good to pass up, what are you wearing, monthly faves,  promo codes).  Promo codes and deals too good are such helpful threads.  (Also kind of enabling, but so helpful!)  Monthly favorites is a must, even if it is not on the front page I'll search for it, I like knowing what everyone is loving.

I don't check my groups as often as I'd like, I do peek my head in haul stars, trending now and deeper shades from time to time.

Great thread idea!

@danielledanielle Thank you for sharing. 

@SportyGirly125 I scroll through the most recent Conversations first.  Then, if I have time, I go through the Groups that interest me on that given day.  I use the search bar, too.  BUT, I wish there was a way to search the content via the search bar -- not just the thread titles.  (If there's a way to do this, IDK about it.)

I think the Empties thread is a good one to check out, b/c it shows not only what people are using (which is different than "purchasing") - but also what they're using up!

@greeneyedgirl107 Thank you for sharing.  What I am hoping BIC has is a Group chat function like gchat or aol messenger so we can chat amongst ourselves instead of Just plain messages. 

@SportyGirly125 Good idea!

Love your suggestions! I like to navigate by using the search bar- often the question has already been asked!

@l8totheparty Good to know. Thank you for sharing. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • 2F49B8B6-CF71-4E3A-972A-E13E6D58FE25.gif
  • 049D4A29-5A60-48B5-B2DF-5BC980BC9D2D.gif
  • 1D54955B-69C2-4C30-B5C4-B416C724B548.gif
  • 260C4364-3E74-4131-BCEE-0FDF6BAA96ED.gif
testing