Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

How Do YOU Navigate through Beauty Insider Community (BIC)

Spoiler
Spoiler

If you are new to BIC then I would check out this thread to get started:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/New-to-Community-Here-are-3-Steps-to-Get-Started/m-p/5...

Also, this thread:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/How-to-Post-New-Threads-and-Reply-in-the-Beauty-Inside...

Community guidelines:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/BEAUTY-INSIDER-COMMUNITY-GUIDELINES-Updated-2-4-20...

As more people join the community I thought it would be a cool idea to discuss how YOU navigate through BIC to help others on here that don’t know where to start. Also, what would be your top threads that a newbie should check out first?  I’m interested in hearing all the different responses of how we explore on here and what threads interest us the most. Also, a thread or threads you think people might not know about but should. 

For me, I love navigating through the side bar (left on desktop, right on mobile web) and checking out unanswered first since I feel a lot of people often don’t get their questions answered or are overlooked. After that I head to most recent and go through the first 2 or 3 pages since those pages are where you are going to find current people posting on threads that could be popular or not.  You could also search most popular or by group. 

My top threads that I think people should check out in no particular order:

What are you wearing today Pt2 

Incredible April Hauls 2024 

This changes every month but I love seeing what people get

Virtual Masterclass Thread 

Deals Too Good to Pass Up Volume Six 

Skincare Routine of the Day 

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II 
BIC Made Me Do It!! 
Monthly Favorites: March 2024 Edition!This changes every month 

Active Promo Codes #23 
Ulta GWPs 

2024 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!! 

Here are 3 threads I feel some people may overlook
THE PARTY THREAD (a place where we celebrate everything-birthdays, new ranking, new job, a holiday, a new home or baby, marriage, etc
🌈🦄📦THE UNICORN MAIL THREAD 📦🦄🌈 
 (a place where BIC members share mail received from other BIC members)

RE: FOUND IN THE WILD THREAD!!! A thread for things that are new on Sephora

Re: How Do YOU Navigate through Beauty Insider Community (BIC)

Reminder that if you post a comment on here anyone is allowed to comment on the post since this is a public forum.  If you don’t want others to comment please send the member a direct message. 

The whole purpose is to help each other. No negativity. 

This is a reminder for everyone who is new or existing what the community guidelines are below.  Please read if you have a chance or are interested. 

I found some helpful information. 

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/BEAUTY-INSIDER-COMMUNITY-GUIDELINES-Updated-2-4-20...

Thank you,

I will read through this and check out the links.

Thanks for the help

hobbie7

@SportyGirly125 thx for the reminder!

@CookieGirl1 @Welcome 

@SportyGirly125 thanks for this!! 

@lmaster @Welcome. 

@SportyGirly125 Thank you for sharing this!

@pocketvenus @I hope you find it helpful if needed in the future. 

Thank you so much @SportyGirly125 , this is very useful! 🤗

@Saradestin ❤️

@SportyGirly125  Hi, can you please explain why I am being tagged on a post with a reminder about the community guidelines?  It comes across like I am specifically being targeted and like you think I need a reminder about the guidelines because you think I have violated them.  

If you do think I’ve violated them I’d like to hear more details about that.  

Thanks in advance!

@itscarin I just untagged you in the post.

it wasn’t suppose to be a bad thing just more informational. 

@itscarin TeamBIC said I could share it. It has a lot of good information about stuff we could do in the future if an incident like what previously happened happens again. 

I didn’t know we could mark personal info as spam for instance. I would have thought to mark it as inappropriate content. So I started to go through posts I had with someone and started marking personal info as spam. 

All my post was suppose to be was a reminder if anyone needed it after what recently happened. Just in case you wanted to see what updates they made as of this year that was all. 

@SportyGirly125Thanks for the clarification. I was really unhappy with the level of disrespect that was shown to myself and others last week. 

It's important to have differing perspectives on topics, and healthy debate is desirable.  However, I think when someone is consistently responding with "LOL" or something equally flippant, it's disrespectful and counterproductive.  That being said, I personally would not be comfortable reporting someone for those types of posts. 

The Community Guidelines are intentionally vague to give mods a wide breadth to exercise their own judgment.  It's kind of like Sephora's return policy in that way.

What I've noticed in the past few years is that certain types of people get even more upset, and double down and become even more recalcitrant when you censor them, even if it is for good reason.  So while I might not like someone's disrespectful tone I'm happy to let them speak for themselves and show their own character and let other people judge for themselves what they think is appropriate.

Sorry if that comes across a little tangential but just wanted to share my thoughts from last week's debacle.  Happy Hump Day!

@itscarin Thank you for understanding what my tag really was for.  I’m sorry if tagging you made you feel I was targeting you. I updated my post and Un-tagged everyone just in case it comes off wrong. Just was trying to be helpful to the people who had to deal with the recent situation but understand why you felt the way you did. 

Hi all, I'm fairly new to this chat (I created my account in February 2022) also, I'm not an english native speaker so it's a little tricky sometimes for me to understand the conversations between people and slang words. Anyways, how I navigate on this community chat? it's very easy. I log into my account every morning and I take a look at my own profile. If I see the little red dot on the notifications/DMs, I click on them to see who is reaching out and why. Because I live in Europe, there is time zone so....when I sleep, you guys chat and viceversa. So, usually people text me and they have to wait a few hours until I log in to read their messages. So, first off: looking at the notifications and give people a proper answer to their comments/give hearts to people that reached out to me during the night. Then I click on the groups list, and I read all the threads that I like. For a lippies lover like me, the "lip lovers" thread is a must to watch. Others threads/groups that I like are the page "besides beauty" because I like to read about food and pets. Also "beauty confidential" because some ladies post amazing looks and I love to see them. In general, I check all the groups that are listed in my member list. I'm following 12 of them. I also love the page "haul stars" because it's nice to see what people buy and to get an inspiration for new products. When I finish to read all the threads that I like the most, I click on the main page to see if someone is asking for something/an advice and if I can, I give them my opinion. Hope this helps!!

@Skunk12puzzola So happy to read how you navigate through BIC since we all go about it our own way. Always glad to read and see your post. 

If anyone is new to BIC and needs some help navigating here I highly suggest looking into this thread.  I think it would be very helpful.

@Saradestin heres’s the thread if you wanted to check it out. 

56 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • 2F49B8B6-CF71-4E3A-972A-E13E6D58FE25.gif
  • 049D4A29-5A60-48B5-B2DF-5BC980BC9D2D.gif
  • 1D54955B-69C2-4C30-B5C4-B416C724B548.gif
  • 260C4364-3E74-4131-BCEE-0FDF6BAA96ED.gif
testing