Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Highlighter?

I love the idea of highlighter, but I've no idea if it will work on me. I have to wear glasses (I'm blind as a bat if I don't wear them) and they go over the tops of my cheekbones. I'm also extremely pale, so I don't know if highlighters darker than or the same shade my skin tone will work. Any ideas? Thanks!

Tags:

RE: Highlighter?

I'm super pale and have glasses but I still rock highlighter anyway. Don't use one darker than your skin tone. (learned that the hard way) And don't put too much on; it may look cute on instagram but IRL, not so much. Also my name is Audrey, so fate that I saw this comment?😂

Layering a powder over a liquid or cream will definitely make your highlight more effective. I'm not extremely pale, but I do find that matte highlights don't really work for me due to being so close to my skin tone. I second the CoverFX Custom Enhancer Drops recommendation—they blend over liquid, cream, or powder (and are mixable) and a little goes a long way. Plus, they don't cross the line to too shimmery/glittery, which I find many highlights do. I just suggest working in one area at a time and blending before moving on (I use a buffing brush with this product), as they can begin to set somewhat quickly. Celestial shows up fine for me, but Halo would be really beautiful for fair skin; it's icy with a blue-ish/lavender shift and anything duochrome will definitely help with noticeability. (The powder I use is Kevyn Aucoin, but the drops are 100% effective on their own.)

Re: Highlighter?

try using the benefit high beam in liquid form and put on becca pressed highlight in pearl to make it really pop and it'll be a subtle natural glow for your skin tone but popping as well! personally vibrant highlights might be a little too much depending on someones skin tones and undertones so its always safe to go with a neutral whitish/pink toned highlight. as far as wearing your glasses go I like to extend my highlight to my temples as well so it'll be slightly more obvious I'm wearing it.

AudreyClaireD wrote:

I love the idea of highlighter, but I've no idea if it will work on me. I have to wear glasses (I'm blind as a bat if I don't wear them) and they go over the tops of my cheekbones. I'm also extremely pale, so I don't know if highlighters darker than or the same shade my skin tone will work. Any ideas? Thanks!

hey girls i am very pale also i also wear glasses but i love highlighter i have one from urban decay it is very good its in the color champagne 

I know becca champagne pop is really flattering on a range of skin tones.
Anonymous Insider

I have becca champagne pop and loooove it!

I found becca's shimmering skin protector to be the best for using as a highlighter. I tend to hand dry skin so I like to use cream or liquid type illuminators and highlighters to avoid my skin from looking Cake-y and flake-y. If you really prefer a powder type, I also found the Laura geller naked gelato swirl illuminator to look very gorgeous, especially for a night out!

Try out the silvery colors from cover fx's illuminating drops. They are liquid and you can blend them with a beauty sponge. They are quite the blinding highlight and I'm sure it'll show through your glasses. You will also pull off colorful highlights very well like the ones from huda's summer palette and the colorful ones from ABH's kits.
Anonymous Insider

I have the same issue that you have with glasses personally I go and put highlight there and when I move to the side it shows also if you use a light color it will pop out more

I'm in the same situation! I have light skin (light-medium in summer) and I also have glasses that touch my cheekbones. Personally I stick with lighter highlighters to ones that just match most of the time, but other than that you can see it pretty well with the glasses. Some days I do layer it a little more to make it more visible though! 🙂 Hope this helps 

Thank you! I'll try that!

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing