cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|
Anonymous Insider

Help!!

I recently got into makeup and I’ve been looking to get some new products. I need some recommendations on some products to help me start experimenting and really exploring makeup. I’ve been looking for a primer, foundation, concealer, setting powder, bronzer/contour, eyebrow pencil, eyeshadow pallet, felt tip liner, mascara, liquid lipstick, and a setting spray. I would really appreciate if some of you could recommend me some of your faves to help

me get started. Thanks!!!

Re: Help!!

Hey @Lilyisamazing 

This is the most fun time to buy makeup- when you know what you like and can start building a collection! Lucky you! These are my recommendations/what I use:

Primer- NARS Radiance Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 35 Sunscreen 1 oz/ 30 mL

Eye Makeup Primer- TOO FACED - Shadow Insurance

Foundation- MAKE UP FOR EVER Matte Velvet Skin Full Coverage Foundation Y205 Alabaster

Concealer- Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer (Ivory)- Sephora used to carry this

Setting Powder- NARS - Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder

Bronzer/Contour- I don't use these

Eyebrow Pencil- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Eyebrow Pencil Taupe

Eyebrow Powder- Anastasia Beverly Hills Ombre Effect Long Wearing Brow Powder Duo Medium Brown

Eyeshadow Palette- I like palettes from tarte, Too Faced, Huda Beauty is really fun (especially the HUDA BEAUTY The New Nude Eyeshadow PaletteStila, and NARS - Ignited Eyeshadow Paletteis on my list that I'd like to try. Though not a palette I really like the Smashbox Photo Edit Eye Shadow Trio Snap Queen, I have Snap Queen but they change the colors fairly frequently and they're a quick 3 step application. The pigmentation is really good too. Most of these brands make individual eyeshadow colors too. I also feel like having an Urban Decay Naked Palette is good too because they're versatile and mine came with instructions so now I know how to do a smoky eye lol.

Felt Tip Liner- I don't use this

Eyeliner- Revlon Colorstay is the classic smudgeproof one that I will always own in black. MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Fineliner Ultra-Skinny Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner

comes in great colors, I love the purple and navy they really pop. MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner is also good but the line is much smudgier and thicker. URBAN DECAY - 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencilis the real deal.

Liquid Lipstick- I mostly wear glosses? Right now I'm rotating BUXOM - Full-On™ Plumping Lip Polish Gloss - Dolly,MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer Lipgloss - 344 Skin DeepNARS - Lip Gloss - Super OrgasmBAREMINERALS - Gen Nude Patent Liquid Lipstick - Can't Even. I do wear red lipstick sometimes though and I LOVE NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment StarwomanIt has a really nice feel to it and doesn't come off too easily, I would definitely try it in other colors.

Setting Spray- Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Makeup Setting Spray Standard Size - 4 oz/ 118 mLIt's the classic for a reason.

I hope some of this is helpful but most importantly have fun buying new makeup, I'm jelly!! Don't forget to buy brushes if you don't already have them and the Sephora employees are usually pretty chill and will show you how to use things/give you samples of whatever you like if you ask. Have fun xx.

@Lilyisamazing here are my favorites

primer-Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Face Primer Blur Primer Gold

foundation-Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 4 - MediumCHARLOTTE TILBURY - Light Wonder Foundation, La Mer The Soft Fluid Long Wear Foundation SPF 20 150 Natural - Very Light Skin with Neutral UndertoneNARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 St. Moritz

concealer-Cle de Peau

setting powder-CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder and Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Translucent

bronzer/contour-GUERLAIN - Terracotta Bronzing Powder, KVD Beauty Shade + Light Refillable Powder Face Contour Palette

eyebrow pencil-Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Eyebrow Pencil Taupe

eyeshadow pallete-anything from Natasha Denona and Pat McGrath. Cheaper end building your own MAC and Makeup Geek pallete 

felt tip liner-KVD Beauty Tattoo Liner Vegan Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Trooper

mascara-YVES SAINT LAURENT - The Shock Volumizing Mascara and Lancôme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL

liquid lipstick-sorry not a fan I only

wear lipsticks, balms and lipglosses

setting spray-Morphe setting spray

Anonymous Insider

Thanks I’ll check these out 

@Anonymous part of our recommendations may depend on your budget.  Are you looking at starting out with some staple products that you can even find at the drugstore or are you wanting to start out with more high-end products?  Keep in mind that you definitely don't--and probably shouldn't--spend a fortune when you're just getting started :).

Anonymous Insider

Anonymous Insider

I would like some high end products as I have some makeup experience I just don’t really own my own 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing