Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Have you heard of or shopped at The Cosmetics Company?

I've shopped at the outlets hundreds of times but never stopped into this store. Tonight I decided to browse around and had no idea they carried brands like Mac, Smashbox, Originis, Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown, Clinique. The prices were pretty good. I noticed the Smashbox hydrating primer I normally pay $42 was only $24.

Has anyone shopped there? I'm curious if these are old expired products.

Re: Have you heard of or shopped at The Cosmetics Company?

Oh, I visited one a while ago and there was this crazy woman who was telling the girls working that she'd driven 5 hours to get there and that they should let her buy things on two different credit cards and with cash even though they have rules about that kind of thing. Some ladies were putting on a whole face full of makeup directly from the testers (mascara and everything) and the staff were more worried about watching to see if I was trying to steal something, not the best atmosphere. When I got home I realized I ended up with a foundation about eight shades off the one I asked them to grab for me and they wouldn't do a return or anything!

Definitely doesn't sound like a good experience. I'm hearing a lot from this thread about the poor customer service and awful return policy.

theres only one somewhat near me. I've purchased an Estée Lauder double wear foundation in the old formula. It's the only thing I've ever bought there since I was hunting for it. I've heard some people have tom ford at theirs and I wish mine had some. The inventory is always the same. Mostly past MAC LE items, smash box, Bobbi brown, Estée Lauder, Clinique. Their return policy sucks and their associates aren't trained to color match. I still come back if I'm around the area to see what's new, but most of the time it's the same stuff.

I love CCO's. I have two of them around: one in Oregon and one in Seattle. Oregon staff is not the best but Seattle ladies are always kind to me. I bought my first ever MAC lipstick there last year: Peach Blossom and I was hooked ever since. Now I have like 10 MAC lipsticks from them, 4 lipglasses, 2 blushes etc. None of them were used or expired or nasty Smiley Happy How do I know? I found a website that you could put your MAC code and it tells you the shelf life left. I forgot the website name though.

I always check CCO's to see what is new. I almost always buy MAC stuff exclusively. Other brands at the CCO does not interest me much. I once bought a Bobbi Brown skin care set. It was pretty amazing I should say. But MAC oh such an addiction. I found MAC Giddy (a LE one that everybody seemed to go crazy about) last weekend at the Oregon CCO. I also found Sweet and Sour, Vegas Volt and Viva Glam Nicki, Myth etc. at Seattle CCO. 

I don't have any MAC in my collection mainly because Sephora doesn't carry it and that's where I buy most of my makeup. Now is my chance to buy some because there's a CCO extremely close to me.

i have one nearby. the selection is kind of random, the testers are a mess, and the product turnover moves at glacier speed, but far and away the most obnoxious part of my local CCO is the service. as a good friend once noted, they treat you as if you are trying to purchase the components necessary to assemble a bomb.

Oh is that ever the truth!  

Wasn't particularly impressed when I went there.  Two year old Este Lauder compacts locked behind glass.  Old gift with purchase Clinique.. No thanks, I get that for free when I pick up current new product at Dillard's 

Hmmmm...a while ago I went to one.  I don't think the discounts can match most of the ones that come up with the specials you can get online and it's older products anyway.  The one I went to didn't have a very good selection.  Smiley Sad  I'll just wait for the good online sales rather than making a trip to someplace with hit or miss selection.

29 Replies
Conversation Stats