Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

HELP!! In Search of the Perfect Dark Spot Correcting Product

With all of the newness coming along this year, there just has to be something there for me, right?

I am a 24 year other, combination-skin having, beauty junk that has been dealing with hyper-pigmentation for what seems like my entire life. As a black woman, I am aware of the struggles melanin-rich skin usually faces and i recognize that hyper-pigmentation and melasma were a package deal for me but i need help reducing this issue. 

My skin is combo-normal but could be on the more oily side due to my genetics. I suffer from dark spots left from acne but i also have so pigmentation around my mouth and chin which is darker than the rest of my face. (This is a usually issue BIPOC people face, i recognize this.) 

Currently, I use a niacinamide serum from Glossier that helps significantly to keep my breakouts and texture at bay but this does nothing for my pigmentation. I also use an SPF 50 each morning to help protect my skin and ensure these spots don't get worse. Is there anything else I should be doing? Have I tried everything? Will there be a product out there for me? Is accepting that my skin will forever be scarred the first step to my mental recovery? I'm not sure but help!

I've been looking into a few of the following products, im interested to hear thoughts!

Re: HELP!! In Search of the Perfect Dark Spot Correcting Product

Hi! I would highly recommend getting the "CLARINS: pore control" which will help you reduce dark spots. Sephora doesn't have that product nowadays, but i'm pretty sure u can find it online. I also think the Origins GinZing™ Ultra-Hydrating Energy-Boosting Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  Murad Renewing Cleansing Cream 6.75 oz. And the Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Brightening Serum I think will work really good on you. 

Re: HELP!! In Search of the Perfect Dark Spot Correcting Product

I have scarring on my face that's red/white and textured, it's 10 years old but I finally decided to do something about it recently and these products seem to be working. I've been using them for about 2 weeks and at certain times of the day I definitely see a difference. But sometimes it looks the same. I think in a few months it'll really work.

Kate Somerville +Retinol Vitamin C Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Youth To The People 15% Vitamin C + Caffeine Energy Brightening Serum for Uneven Tone 1 oz / 30 ml 

Mine aren't acne scars but I believe these products are designed for acne scarring and dark spots like you describe.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing