Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

HELP Fenty Foundation

I need help please! i purchased the Fenty foundation & i love the way it feels and the powder soft finish but it is impossible and takes forever to get on. I use a moisturizer and have tried several different primers but it dries soooo fast that I always end up with smudgy spots I cover with concealer. Im putting it on in tiny bits with a moist sponge but it doesn't blend. My only saving grace has been a foundation powder toeven out most of the crazy looking spots. Not to mention it has taken me alnost an hour just to get my foundation on because of these issues & i dont have that kind of time. Does anyone know how I can fix this?!?! thanks!

RE: HELP Fenty Foundation

Spray your face with primer after you put the foundation on then blend. Works for me. Hope this helps!

Re: HELP Fenty Foundation

I haven't had a serious dry down issue either but you do have to move a bit faster with this foundation than others. I always make sure to moisturize before application and I use the  SEPHORA COLLECTION - PRO Diffuser Brush #64      

Also the BareMinerals Luxe Performance Brush works well also. 

I haven't experienced that quick of a dry down, but I do use a lot of serums and moisturizers before I put on my Fenty Foundation.  I also pair it with the Fenty Primer.  I really like the Fenty Primer, its worked well with all my foundations.  

Hi @RandiLynnH ,

I completely understand what you mean! This foundation dries down very fast. I mix the Fenty Beauty foundation with the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Primer 1.08 oz/ 32 mL together in my hands, and then apply them on my entire face. Then I blend everything out with a damp beautyblender. 

Mixing the foundation with the hydrating primer gives me so much more time to blend everything out, because it stays wet longer. It also creates a beautiful natural finish. 

I've also had great experiences mixing the foundation with the MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Skin Booster 0.4 oz/ 12 mLand the GUERLAIN - L’Or Radiance Primer.

In my opinion, I think many different primers (except for mattifying primers) can be mixed with this foundation. 🙂 I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Laurie

I’ve never had to dry quite that fast. I will normally moisturize, prime, then dot it where I want it - I don’t use a sponge though because I feel like it sucks up too much product as the fenty is so liquidity. I do use a very dense brush like the sephora collection pro 87 as it covers a wide area in no time and I’m left with a flawless finish. 

RE: HELP Fenty Foundation

I was told that prepping your skin was the most important step with the fenty foundation and so I also purchased the primer. I NEVER use primer, I never buy primer, but this one is different. It works so well with the primer I couldn’t use the foundation when the primer ran out. I also use a brush to buff it in as opposed to a sponge, the rep from Fresh applied it on me like that and said it was the best way to apply a fast drying foundation. Good luck, hope you get some good tips 🙂
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing