Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

HELP! Best way to cover a cold sore

Totally embarrassed about writing this but, I mean, I know I'm not alone with this one... 

Does anyone have any tricks to cover cold sores? I feel extremely insecure talking to people at work all day for like, a week at a time, with a massive bump on my lip that EVERYONE seems to stare at! I find just lipstick alone makes my lips look worse and accentuates the bump even more. 

Also would love to hear any healing remedies that may have worked for you! 

Re: HELP! Best way to cover a cold sore

@FrancescaZ I get them too. Unfortunately when you are tired, stressed or getting cold/flu it will show up. when I start to feel cold sore forming on my lip I take Vitamin B Complex - take 2 pills everyday until it disappears + 2 vitamins Cs + try to get good night sleep. When I do this the cold sore heals faster and it's smaller. Also I use cream called ZOVIRAX - it's from Europe, not sure if you can buy it online somewhere - it helps me better than Abreva. ( And just FYI when you take Vitamin B Complex your pee can turn orangey so don't  freak out😂 ) Hope this help!! 

So this probably won't help you this go round but order some Compeed Cold Sore Patches. I get mine from Amazon. They ship from Europe somewhere so they take awhile to get here. I don't know why they don't know why aren't sold here because they are AMAZING. They are little stickers that speed healing AND you can put makeup over them. I also like that they contain the cold sore so I know it wont spread or contaminate my pillowcase etc. They really stick on and help take the redness out. I keep two packages at all time just in case. I alternate these with Abreva cream and take Lysine and Licorice pills to help speed healing. Just remember people don't notice nearly as much as you think they do. 

Definitely going to order some asap!! Thanks so much 

Quick fix is to get organic coconut in a small jar and put on the cold sore with a qtip.  The coconut kills all the cold sore germs super fast and helps it heal quicker too.  I wouldn't put cosmetics on it until you have healed up really well, and then only a tinted moisturizer.  Put lots of coconut on it at night, too, to speed up healing!   xoxo PS BREATHE everyone gets these, so love on yourself a little, it means your stressed out and your body is reacting poorly.  

Thank you!!! Going to try the coconut oil right now xoxo 

Hey there @FrancescaZ!  I get cold sores too so I feel your pain - literally. First, try to get rid of it quickly. I've had fancy prescriptions but I can tell you that OTC Abreva really works. Keep it moist with that. 

I know you want to cover it, but I'd try not to if possible. I think it would just interfere with the healing process. But if you're determined, I would pour a tiny bit of a sheer foundation out and then lightly dab a q-tip into the foundation and then on the cold sore. Don't dip directly into the bottle! You don't want to contaminate your foundation. I wouldn't use a full coverage foundation or a concealer. It would make your cold sore look like it got spackled. Hope it goes away soon. Try the Abreva, really!

Thank you!!! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing