Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Foundation that won't melt off

I've tried several different long-term wear foundations (make up forever, bare minerals, too faced, it, etc) and setting sprays (urban decay, Kat, tarte, etc )but it's always the same- I sweat off most of my makeup within the first few hours of work. I NEED a medium coverage foundation or setting spray so that my makeup stays flawless for more than a couple of hours, won't sweat off, and won't get all over my fingers (I work in retail and don't want my makeup being transferred to other product). Help!

Re: Foundation that won't melt off

@Desireah  Hey hon, I recommend smashbox primer, i use beautyblender foundation and then i use the urban decay setting spray, and my make up has stayed on all night even when going out.

Try LANCôME - Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation

and pair with  Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Setting Powder 0.26 oz/ 7.5 g

& Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Makeup Setting Spray Standard Size - 4 oz/ 118 mL

, this is my party must haves (combo/oliy skin).

RE: Foundation that won't melt off

@Desireah I’ve been enjoying the Dior Backstage Face and Body foundation, it’s lightweight, medium coverage and looks like skin. It wears off the least after a long day of all the foundations I’ve tried, only a little but around my nose. It’s a little more matte than I would like but I love the staying power! I like the Hourglass Vanish Stick foundation too, but it is a little easier for me to accidentally apply too much, and it does not last quite as long as Dior. I have combo skin.

hey girl! get you a waterproof foundation! the new Sephora foundation is waterproof, transfer resistant and really self-setting! for the price you can’t beat it! honorable mention to the all nighter foundation, hourglass’ vanish line and Tarte amazonian clay! 

@Desireah Do you use a primer? That may solve the issue. My favorites are Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen, Urban Decay Optical Illusion, and YSL Touche Elact Blur Primer. Too Faced Primed and Peachy is nice if you have oily skin, so is Tatcha Silk Canvas. 

RE: Re: Foundation that won't melt off

Yes, I've tried several primers (I currently use/like one from The Original) and powders too. Different combinations, everything. I don't wear much else but need concealer and foundation to cover dark circles and acne scars. My biggest concern though is transfer to clothing. Thanks!

RE: Re: Foundation that won't melt off

The ordinary*, and it's my t zone

Re: RE: Re: Foundation that won't melt off

@Desireah Hm, try the Tatcha one I recommended. It’s a bit pricy compared to The Ordinary but I think it will keep your oil production at bay. It’s pretty awesome, and should last you a long time since you don’t need much at all. 

Re: RE: Re: Foundation that won't melt off

@Desireah The Original? I’m not familiar with that brand so I can’t speak to it’s performance. It sounds like you have oily skin - would you agree with that? 

Seconded on the use of primer, @Desireah. Also, do you use setting powder? I find that works much better for me than setting spray alone. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing