Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Foundation recommendation

I am looking for a new foundation. Right now I use Lancôme teint idole. I liked it because it lasts long and worked well with my skin (combo). However, lately I notice I just look cakey and old (I’m 37). I apply with a beauty blender with powder on top. I’ve tried translucent powders, but I just look ghostly. I’d like something with medium coverage that gives me a dewy but somewhat matte look. Any suggestions??

Re: Foundation recommendation

Hi @jnmiller324,

If you're looking for a semi matte, but dewy finish, I recommend the Armani Beauty Power Fabric Longwear High Cover Foundation SPF 25 5.75. If you prefer something more on the dewy side, I recommend the Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation 8.75.

Like you, I also like to skip the powder as it it can make foundation look cakey. I usually just like to apply a bit on the t zone where I can get oily. 

Hi @jnmiller324,

I highly recommend the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation Brulee. I have found it is more of a radiant finish and looks great on the skin. 

Best,
Rebecca

Hi @jnmiller324 ,

Lancome Teint Idole is one of my favorites but I also love Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundation 4.5 Neutral and the COVER FX - Power Play Foundation. I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean 

@jnmiller324 

I switched from Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation 495 Suede W to Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundation 4.5 Neutral and really love it. Dior is like your skin but better, very buildable coverage. 

I love everything about the Dior Face & Body, but I am carefully finishing the deluxe mini I got and holding off buying the full size because I need to see if I always end up with one or two big red blotches somewhere on my cheeks after removing it. (Typically, on the places with the biggest pores.) So many things can cause that reaction. I am really hoping it is not the foundation because the foundation would be otherwise perfect for me. Great coverage, great finish. You get a larger than the usual amount of it in a bottle as well, so it feels like a good value. @GG84  @jnmiller324 

If I keep getting the (huge, silver dollar sized) blotches, I love this foundation enough to try using the matching primer under it to see if it helps.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors