Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Foreo Luna?

I am just wondering about the Foreo Luna 

I have been using Clarisonic for a while, and I feel like the trend has shifted to Foreo Luna. 

But I'm a bit hesitant to buy them because I ONLY see not just positive but over the top 5 star reviews.. 

I know from experiences in the past that reviews can be either altered or sponsored.. is it the case for Foreo Luna too or is it genuinely crazy good?

I'm thinking of either replacing or alternating it with clarisonic.. any thoughts?

Re: Foreo Luna?

Hi vvib!

I think the Foreo looks really cool- much easier to hold with the more ergonomic handle PLUS its a silicone "brush" that doesn't need to be replaced so its much more hygienic for cleaning and cost effective. 

I know that MakeupMaven wrote a review on the product page and she loves it! Hopefully she will see this post and share some more feedback.

The great thing is, if you order it and aren't happy? Send it back or take it to a store and we can refund or exchange you within the time limit. Smiley Happy 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

You said it, Diana! I have small hands so I like how ergonomic it is. You don't need to buy replacement brush heads, the silicone is hygenic (and gentle), and it stays charged. I use it a few times a week, and I love it with Boscia's Tsubaki Cleansing Oil-Gel. I noticed a little surface redness/ purging when I first tried it (mild), but now I don't. The anti-aging side helps to deliver your serums, and you should use a lower setting when using it on the eye orbital bone. I think it's pretty amazing!

And yes, it is crazy good! But there are video reviews out there, I've seen one from an esthetician comparing it w/ Clarisonic (she uses both). I prefer the Foreo myself.

Thank you for your detailed opinion!

I'm actually convinced to try it myself.. 

I thought I would be using the clarisonic for at least 10 years but I guess it becomes a different story when a new device comes out ... 

It catches on the flaws of Clarisonic too.. Smiley Sad I hate replacing brush heads.. they don't always run on schedule, so I sometimes don't know that the brush is done, and use the damaged brush to make my face super irritated and red..

You're welcome and I hope you love it!

I also forgot to mention that the shape of the Foreo really fits the contours of the face well (like the eyes, cheeks, etc). From what I can tell (to answer your question about the silicone), it doesn't seem like it will break down over time. Good question!

I have no interest in the Clarisonic but would like to try the foreo luna. However, I have to see it in person first. The foreo luna has rave reviews by Tanya burr and wayne goss which is why I want to try it. I also like that its sanitary, the silicone brushes don't need to be replaced and wont collect bacteria, it stays charged for a long time and it seems to be easy to hold. I have sensitive skin that reacts with redness, irritation and breakouts to harsh skincare/treatments and they have a foreo luna for ultra sensitive skin Smiley Very Happy

Diana do you know if Sephora plans to sell the mini ones?

Highlighted

@ShinyMagpie I don't believe so.. we don't have confirmation of it yet but I'm sure myself or MakeupMaven will find out eventually and update you all Smiley Happy

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Thank you for an indepth opinion! 

Do you know if the silicone will "break down?" so that the texture won't be so refined anymore and won't work the same as when it is new? 

I can't give a specific example, but when you buy something in that texture, the tops of the "cones" tend to become worn out and flat... would that happen to the luna?

from what i heard, its a lot more gentle than clarisonic 

i plan on purchasing mine to use in the mornings and on weekends possibly. but continue to use my clarisonic at night when i wear makeup 

Yea I was thinking the same too.. use Clarisonic at night or every other day.. because I still like the Clarisonic.. but I honestly think it could get better especially with the replacement brush situation. Its costing me more than I thought it would

yea it definitely cost a lot but i love the feeling of it when i remove my makeup. Nervous about the purging of the the luna tho since i didn't get that with the clarisonic.. maybe only use it on weekends and then slowly increase to weekdays or every other.

I've used the Clarisonic for a long time, and just got the Luna.  I love the feel of the Luna - no bristles and very soft pulsing, but it's giving me a rash on my cheeks from the bumps which are supposed to clean your skin....I"m not sure if this will go away; it seems to lessen each time I use it.....My friends who use the Luna are really loving it...maybe I'm allergic to the rubber?

This started happening to me a little bit after two weeks of using the Luna with no problem. It could be that it's winter now and the air (and my skin) is more dry. 

Now I just use it at night to take off my makeup rather than twice a day. I also make sure to use a good amount of cleanser on my face, and also put some on the Luna, as well. Now, I don't experience the redness anymore.

I prefer the Luna over the Clarisonic. 

Thanks for the tip re the cleanser.  I'm going to keep using it for a while to see whether my skin gets used to it.  It does make my skin feel really really soft, which I like.  It's also gentler than the Clarisonic....

Thank you for your opinion! 

I think I might want to at least give it a try.. if anything happens it doesn't work for my skin, I have Clarisonic.. 

One of the major draw backs of Clarisonic is having to exchange the brush every now and then... I hope I end up liking Luna over Clarisonic too Smiley Sad

Oh, and I also turned the pulsation setting way down, and use warm water (instead of hot water) on my face and on the Luna. 

Yay Thank you for your honest opinion! 

I actually heard about "purging" of the skin from one of the reviews... and its kind of what throws me back.. 

I didn't experience that with Clarisonic.. but its such a pain when I do break out from something because it takes forever to get rid of it.. and putting makeup on in the morning is so unpleasant..

I tried a higher speed than the default and noticed a slight redness during cleansing that faded quickly.  I turned the speed back down and didn't experience the redness.  Perhaps try a lower setting?  And be sure that you've wet your face and are using enough cleanser.  Using this or any vibratory cleanser without adequate lubrication would cause potential skin irritation.  The anti-aging side is very gentle so that's less likely to irritate.

It's made of silicone, not rubber.  Silicone allergies are relatively rare and there's no commercially-available test to confirm.  If someone knows otherwise, please reply.

I just went on the foreo luna website, did you guys know that theres a foreo luna that costs $6,500?!?!?! Its called the luna luxe.

OMG.

I wonder if its better to order directly from their website, because they give a 2 year warranty and a 10 year quality guarantee. At the end of the day, it is a gadget, and if it stops working for some reason they could send me a new one

If you order it from Sephora, you don't get the 2 year warranty/10 year quality guarantee? I'm not sure if you do or not. 

I think you probably still will. If so, then you'd have Sephora's awesome return policy on top of it. 

And it'll take you more than halfway to VIB Smiley Wink

Wow I didn't see that, will have to check it out! Can't imagine what my face would look like after using that!

It's got a gold base. Smiley Very Happy

Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 24 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors