Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Finished Products and Hitting Pan

Hitting pan and finishing a product feels like a major makeup accomplishment, especially when it is something that has been neglected for a while.  So, I figured why not have a thread where we can share this accomplishment.  Perhaps we can all inspire one another, and probably discover a new product or two to replace the finished one lol.

I am about to run out of a few items.

My Buxum Lash mascara is getting low, and my Mega Plush mascara has maybe a couple of uses left.  I wore the Mega Plush a lot this summer.  The Neutrogena concealer feels like it is getting low, but I gotta give it some credit for being a drug store product.  I bought it during the Spring semester, so it has lasted quite a while.  TheBalm BalmShelter TM, which I bought last summer, is almost at the end of its days. 

I've used my Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting a lot this summer as well, and that is what remains of it.  The nub is what remains of my Sephora Retractable Waterproof Lip Liner in Nude.  I need to replace it ASAP!!  Although no where near finished, I have made a small dent in my Buxom lip gloss in April that came in a 500 point perk.

Another item that I need to replace ASAP: Victoria's Secret Pro Lip Scrub and Balm.  It has helped my lips out a lot since I bought it sometime in February.

Re: Finished Products and Hitting Pan

The shadow is a bit softer in feel, probably why it crumbled, but I've haven't had issues with mine breaking or cumbling in the palette and I've travelled with mine.

To fix a broken shadow or powdered product in a pan, crush up all the product into a fine powder, and add scoops back to the pan while adding drops of rubbing alcohol, mix it up, adding more powder and alcohol if it's too dry, then smooth it at the top. Once it dries, it sets back in place. I've done this to shadows, blushes, and even powdered foundations!

I realized I haven't ever really posted in this thread and it's a hot topic we have here! Smiley Happy

I just ran out of 2 hair products yesterday( WORST timing ever)

-Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam

-Couture Colour Pequi Oil (very sad, this thing lasted me AGES)

and my Clinique Anti Gravity Eye Cream is almost gone! Not sure how I feel about that considering I really don't see much difference. It was nice to not have a stinging sensation and have my eyes feel hydrated but its not a noticeable difference.

Time to try out the new Nars eye cream and also purchase some new hair products in the meantime Smiley Happy 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Holy cow! That foundation bottle is cleaned out!!!! It looks like the bottle BEFORE they put make up inside and ship it off to stores to sell!

Highlighted

lol! I scraped as much as I could out with a brush but its kind of a weird bottle and I couldnt get to a lot of the product so I added a little water and poured it over my blending sponge. Then I went a little crazy with the cleaning and rinsed the bottle until it was spotless so that I could throw it in my recycling can. It is glass, after all. Now I get to use up my Lancome Dual Finish foundation...I have 2 compacts, one is almost empty and the other is new but its too dark so I've kinda set it aside until summer when I'm more tan.

It's so spotless! Heck, you could have probably reused it for carrying toner or face wash for travel! Like that that you didn't waste, make up is pricey, gota use every drop!

Thats not a bad idea but I hate carrying glass with me, you just never know. I had to use every drop, its my only liquid foundation, I love it and its discontinued. If I ever see it again at the CCO I got it in, I'm buying every single bottle in my shade.

I really want to try this zuzu luxe foundation I saw at Whole Foods. Its also all natural, I know my shade (L3, the lightest one) and I like that it comes in a squeeze tube instead of a bottle.

Glass is a little heavy to travel with, but it's inifinitely better to carry your stuff in a good, solid container, rather than a flimsy plastic one Smiley Happy

Its not because its heavy, its just a small bottle, I'm afraid that I'll drop it somewhere during travel or it'lls lip out of my hand and break into a million pieces.

Eee, broken glass is never fun! If I travel with any glass jars (perfume especially) I try to wrap it in a towel or cloth and then in a plastic baggy so it's contained.

True that! I hate when the flimsy ones cave in right at the neck of the dispenser and suddenly you realize your face wash is wearing your lotion! Smiley Tongue

lylysa----Where do you store your makeup? Do you have an interesting organizer? I love seeing where people keep their makeup.

It's nothing exciting for my personal stash. Smiley Tongue

I have a couple of make up storage bags with a center compartment, side compartments, zippered pockets, side pouches, and elastic loops to hold pencils. I also scale down and have medium to large sized basic make up bags for when I travel so it forces me to think ahead and only pack what I will need/use. This normally becomes my "daily" bag I keep on the counter.

My client based make up kit is stored in a tall, two comparent rolling train case and I have 2 other train cases to hold additional product. I even converted a scrapbook rolling organizer into my hair/basic necessity kit.

Lylysa, you are now our official makeup Batman XD  (You know, the gadgets and pockets and stuff Smiley Tongue)

OMG! Batman is my favorite superhero and I saw that photo on Imgur once and just about squeeled with delight! I love it! I'm totally going to make it my profile photo!!!

Thanks, Moregun!

There's no shark-repellant in my pockets/belt though! Smiley Tongue Ohh yeah, Adam West style!

XD "A sparrow in a tree with a machine gun, that's the ONLY possible solution!"  <<pretty sure that's not word for word lol  Love that pic though, think about it, Batman does enjoy being pretty!

Gosh, I can't find the photo now, but it's photos of Michael Caine from Miss Congeliality at the "Be the crown, see the crown, you are the crown" part and then that Batman princess photo!

Ah, didn't know that one was the heavier of glass bottles. Maybe if you do on a day trip rather than a pack it for a plane type travel venture.

Gah, discontinued products!!!! >.<

Lol, I love how clean that foundation bottle looks.

Just a note, tho you prob already know, Origins does the Earth Day recycling where you can trade in an empty bottle/jar for a full size product. It was moisturizer last year and cleanser the year before. Sephora participated, too. I'm saving up mah empty bottles for this, altho I prob will post them here before recycling. I hope they are doing it again this year. I like mah free skincare products. =3=

(I'm really liking the snobby pouting emo-con with the squinted eyes). =3=

You know, I asked one of the sales people in Origins about their recycling program but they never mentioned anything about free stuff. They just said that if I bring back my empty bottles, they recycle them, and I help the planet. Well I recycle at home, and dont want to drive to Origins just to recycle. No fair! Maybe it varies by location? I know about MAC's recycling program but its too hard....you have to use up SIX things before you can get a free lipstick. I dont think I own 6 MAC items and the ones I have are new and no where near being hit pan on.

What? oh boo! It's not the recycling program, but only on Earth Day.

I got the Earth Day item email through Origins email subscription AND Sephora email last year. If you can't do it instore, both Origins and Sephora have promo code to get the free item online (you don't have to mail them an empty bottle, lol) during that time. When I went to the store (yeah, 40 min away), the Origins in Macys, the Origins Boutique, and the Sephora store are all doing it. 

Google "origins earth day full size" for more info on the past events.

I totally remember the recycling promo from last year! I was so bummed I didn't have an empty bottle to trade in. Smiley Wink

I'm guessing that sales person just didn't know about it. It's only on Earth Day, after all. (And hey, it's coming up in, like, a month or two.)

Sweet. I have a tube of Origins Never a Dull Moment scrub that I'm almost out of, so I will use that as my Earth Day thingy. Thanks guys!

All right, just what have you girls been up to today?  I log in after work only to see Batman in a pink dress????  LOL!!!

14 Replies
Photos72
  • makeup 1.JPG
  • makeup 2.JPG
  • makeup 3.JPG
  • -1.jpg
  • face.jpg
  • ammo.jpg
  • bite.jpg
  • blush.jpg
  • buxom.jpg
  • dallas.jpg