Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Finished Products and Hitting Pan

Hitting pan and finishing a product feels like a major makeup accomplishment, especially when it is something that has been neglected for a while.  So, I figured why not have a thread where we can share this accomplishment.  Perhaps we can all inspire one another, and probably discover a new product or two to replace the finished one lol.

I am about to run out of a few items.

My Buxum Lash mascara is getting low, and my Mega Plush mascara has maybe a couple of uses left.  I wore the Mega Plush a lot this summer.  The Neutrogena concealer feels like it is getting low, but I gotta give it some credit for being a drug store product.  I bought it during the Spring semester, so it has lasted quite a while.  TheBalm BalmShelter TM, which I bought last summer, is almost at the end of its days. 

I've used my Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting a lot this summer as well, and that is what remains of it.  The nub is what remains of my Sephora Retractable Waterproof Lip Liner in Nude.  I need to replace it ASAP!!  Although no where near finished, I have made a small dent in my Buxom lip gloss in April that came in a 500 point perk.

Another item that I need to replace ASAP: Victoria's Secret Pro Lip Scrub and Balm.  It has helped my lips out a lot since I bought it sometime in February.

Re: Finished Products and Hitting Pan

Good for you kimmi! I finished my Fairydrops Scandal Queen Mascara this week, it was too dry to use and clumped like crazy, so it got tossed. I finished up my sample of DDF eye cream (not going to buy the full size, it seems to stay gooey all night). My LORAC Star Studded Trio is at pan on 2 of the 3 colors and I will never finish the olive color because it makes me look sallow, so shortly that palette's going to be gone. Not that I'm in danger of ever running out of shadow. lol

@prettyinpa  I'm with you on the eyeshadow.  I don't think I'll run out for a while lol.

@janinebt  You finished a Sephora by OPI polish?!  That's amazing! lol.  The bottles are quite big compared to the other polishes I have in my stash.  They either are actually bigger, or it's an illusion due to the bottle shape.  I've made some good dents in some of my polishes, though. 

I'm almost out of my Rosebud Salve (the original and mint!), I made a good dent in my Blistex Lip medex, and I'm almost out of my DIor Abricot Nail Cream, I've made a huge dent in my Josie Maran Color Stick in Petal Pink (its a travel size though..BUT I've used it so much and it took me MONTHS to get this dent), my Stila Convertible Color in Lillium has a noticable dent in it because I love it and I use it for both lips AND cheeks, I've made a good dent in my TheBalm Mary Loumanizer, I've just used up and tossed my what feels like 20th Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara (I've been using this for years because I always seem to get the mini version in a kit, or as a perk or as a gift from someone else...right now I'm using Bare Minerals Flawless Definition), and I've made a huge dent in my Benefit Dallas bronzer (both of them!) because I've been using that daily instead of powder foundation.

This is why I dont mind paying the price for good makeup...because no matter what, it gets used up. So no money is wasted.

I'll post pix later.

Smiley Very Happy

I just finished off my Boscia Black Mask, which I will most certainly be repurchasing! 

Boscia - Luminizing Black Mask

Also my Brazilian Peel Brazilian Peel Clear, which I purchased after receiving as a sample in once of my older orders.  Super pricey , but I love it!

- samples

I'm also on my 3rd bottle of the Sephora Makeup Remover.  I go through about a bottle a month...

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover

Love seeing all of your favs Smiley Happy

xo, Mia

I also need to repurchase REN Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask -- it's the best! I have been meaning to buy it for ages. It's pricey, but since you don't really need that much, it lasts for a while.

I think I said this below, but I just finished a bottle of NARS Sheer Glow. It took me a year, so I don't mind spending the money on it (it's not as extravagant as some, but it's not inexpensive).

*bump*

I need to post pix of my hit pan items. I like the reassurance that I'm actually *using* the products I'm buying and not just throwing money down the drain.

Yes -- I do, too! This is the current state of my NARS pressed powder in Snow (and my favorite NARS concealer (Chantilly)):

Both are two of the things I go through consistently. Sadly, though, Snow is no more; NARS discontinued it. I think I have one or two left, though, because I stocked up!

Highlighted

@Katie1724- How long does it take you to finish NARS pressed powder. Mine seems to last about 6-7 months or so. 

You know, I really should keep better track, because I'm not sure! It seems like I go through them quickly, but it has to be a few months (at least) -- maybe 4? 5? It could be longer, but I use it daily for touch-ups, so I'm thinking it can't last too much longer than that. Smiley Happy

I've hit pan on my Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder in Natural, and I seem to be half way out of my Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I've been using this primer since Jan...every single day so I'm not surprised that I've made a good dent in it. Both products btw, are absolutely fabulous!

I finished my Buxom Big and Healthy Lipstick in Las Vegas today Smiley Sad I even scratched out every last little bit with a lipbrush. Its one of the best lipsticks that I have so I will definately repurchase in this color and other colors! I still have a few days left of my no buy though *sigh* Its been awhile since I've completely finished a lipstick though, so I'm pretty stoked.

Smiley Very Happy

I watched a few empties videos on youtube, and they are great! You get a bunch of feedback on different products at once. People save their empty beauty bottles and put them in a bag, and at the end of the month they share what they used up!

I used up my Maybelline the falsies mascara in very black and am just about out of my rimmel london stay matte powder in natural. I have backups of both though Smiley Very Happy

@sephoramusthave  I have to give you credit.  You're kind of an inspiration for me to focus a bit more on products that deserve it.  My Benefit Dandelion also has a dip in it.  I use it almost all of the time, no matter what the season is lol.

@miabt  My mom goes through the Sephora makeup remover as well.  She's on her third or fourth bottle I think.

I just tossed my mini Buxom Lash mascara. 

My Dior Bronzer is on its last hurrah.. Hit the pan a few months ago and now I use it SO SPARINGLY Smiley Sad 

I also just ran out of my fave lipstick "sweetie" from a brand we don't sell here starts with the M word..

and am about to run out of my third Clinique Brush on Cream Liner! So sad, I've used 2 this year already and it's the only liner that stays put without getting in my contacts. I always feel sort of accomplished but sad, it's a bittersweet moment haha

Brush-On Cream Liner

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

kimmi---Inspiration? Wow....now I feel kinda bad for stopping by Sephora today and getting 2 lipcolors when I have a full drawer...

Hehe.

@sephoramusthave Lol, no worries.  I believe we are all guilty of that.  I added to my nail polish collection yesterday lol.

@sephoramusthave you've always been an inspiration haha. you don't overdo, and you always manage to use things up! (even if it takes a while lol)

I'm impressed with everything all of you are finishing! I don't think I've finished a makeup product in my life. except maybe a rosebud salve years ago. 

I managed to finish a number of skincare and bath items this summer, though! I was super excited about that haha. And i have a ton more bath items that are so close to being finished. 

I also have two maybelline mascaras, one going on 4 months and the other close to 11... I should probably throw those out huh? It is just sad bc i wear mascara so infrequently that i feel like i didn't get get use out of them haha. Does that count as being finished? LOL

@jxw200  that's great that you finished some of the bath and skincare items!  How many mascaras are in your stash?  It sounded like you really liked the Falsies mascara.

@midniterae  What shades did you hit pan on?  I use my Naked palette quite often, but I've not hit pan yet.  I think the first shades to hit pan will be among Sidecar, Virgin, Naked, and Buck.

@kimmi, I can only finish bath/skincare cause my boyfriend helps. LOL. I think i have 2 other drugstore mascaras and a few sample sizes, so i should use those. falsies was good for me, and i think i can get another month or so out of that... But throwing out mascaras is sad haha.

@Kimmi1115- The first shade I hit pan on was Sin, followed by Dark Horse. Next will be Hustle and Creep. 

u should get sample sizes. those are great because lie u i dont wear mascara as much but still want to. so i always get the 100 point perks or the mini sized ones in kits. Smiley Happy

I've finished my buxom lip gloss in dolly (mini)

It takes me awhile to put a good dent in my makeup, let alone finish it. But my skincare stash has gotten a LOT smaller lately...

Okay here are the products that I completely used up and tossed:

1. Rosebud Salve

2. Smiths Minted Rose Lipbalm

3. Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara

4. Benefit Dallas (I also have a *major* dent in my backup one!)

And I'm almost out of my Buxom Lash Mascara mini.

Oh I used up around half of my Bite Beauty Lipstick in Vouvray, and I hit major pan in my Lancome Dual Finish Powder Foundation in Matte Porcelaine I. I also used up every single sunscreen that I had. Boo.

1 Reply
Photos72
  • makeup 1.JPG
  • makeup 2.JPG
  • makeup 3.JPG
  • -1.jpg
  • face.jpg
  • ammo.jpg
  • bite.jpg
  • blush.jpg
  • buxom.jpg
  • dallas.jpg