Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Fill-in-the-blank Pt. 3 ; Yeah, Another One

Time for another Fill in the Blank game because WHY NOT I LIKE THEM OK?

Per usual some of these may be (and probably are) repeats from previous rounds, but I can’t be bothered to double check. Thanks for playing!

• Three products I’m dying to try are……….
  • My hair is …………….
  • The brand that upsets me the most is………because……….
  • A brand I haven’t tried yet but an interested in is …………...
  • Something I don’t like about the Beauty Industry is ……….
  • If all makeup production stopped FOREVER, I would stock up on ……………
  • A beauty trick I learned from someone else is ……….
  • My most treasured beauty possession is …………
  • When it comes to Limited Edition items, I think ………….
  • Brands I will no longer buy from are ………… because ……………
  • Brands I love to buy from are ……….
  • If I was going to give a BT Award it would go to ………… for ……………
  • My heart races when I see……………….
  • There are too many ………
  • There are not enough ………..
  • Three words that describe my beauty philosophy are ………….
  • My biggest product disappointment was …………
  • Something I’m waiting to come back in stock is ………..
  • Ingredients I’m cautious of are ………. because ………
  • Tell us about your beauty journey. Where you started, where you are now, and where you want to be in the future!

bag

Re: Fill-in-the-blank Pt. 3 ; Yeah, Another One

1. Three products I’m dying to try are PETER THOMAS ROTH rose stem cell bio repair cream, SUNDAY RILEY good genes (yes. i've been resisting) and...maybe the new glossier cloud paints ? (this list changes every 3 days, obvs)
  2. My hair is growing out and always a mess
  3. The brand that disappoints me the most is benefit  because they're so gimmicky. they've lost their way. The brand that upsets me the most is jeffree star because hateful.
  4. A brand I haven’t tried yet but an interested in is suqqu and rouge bunny rouge
  5. Something I don’t like about the Beauty Industry is 1. the tendency to manipulate our perceived weaknesses rather than enhance our strengths. i think this is getting better though. 2. animal testing and 3. brands latching onto instagram/youtube personalities. i'm all for makeup enhancing our individuality, but not so much for the inflation of egos for profit. i think the difference is so important. (more specifically, i find the idea of 99% of social media personalities collaborating on products with brands to be wholly uninspired)
  6. If all makeup production stopped FOREVER, I would stock up on concealer. NARS soft matte complete concealer to be specific. (runner up: eyeliner. smudgy eyeliner.)
  7. A beauty trick I learned from someone else is to apply liquid highlighter after foundation but before concealer for a more natural look. thanks lisa eldridge !
  8. My most treasured beauty possession is a tube of my late grandmother's bright pink lipstick. of something i use, though, would be my NARS x SARAH MOON look closer eyeshadow palette.
  9. When it comes to Limited Edition items, I think it's a commercial gimmick. odds are i'll avoid. exceptions being collections that are creative collaborations with artists i admire -- like the sarah moon collection mentioned above.
  10. Brand I will no longer buy from is drunk elephant,  because my skin doesn't like it.
  11. Brands I love to buy from are NARS (makeup) and AVEDA (body and hair) and CLARINS (skincare--specifically oil)
  12. If I was going to give a BT Award it would go to @ShannonAlexis for being my favorite mermaid and starting these thoughtful threads.
  13. My heart races when I see a new NARS collection
  14. There are too many limited edition collections
  15. There are not enough lipsticks. lololol jjkjkjk. for me, there are not enough very pale very yellow-toned foundations. 
  16. Three words that describe my beauty philosophy are individual, avant garde, middle finger (so.... this photo) 
    Spoiler
    serge.jpg
  17. My biggest product disappointment was TATCHA camellia cleanser because it broke me out.
  18. Something I’m waiting to come back in stock is  ... well i was waiting for the PERRICONE MD no blush blush to come back, and it did last week.
  19. Ingredients I’m cautious of are mineral oil, shea butter because they break me out (the latter having some exceptions). also silicone in hair products.
  20. Tell us about your beauty journey. Where you started, where you are now, and where you want to be in the future! i'll try to keep this brief. i've always loved makeup. i have so many memories of going through my mom's makeup (in bathroom drawers and various makeup bags) and the pure joy it brought me. as a child it was all suggestive of things to come: that mysterious and glamorous Adult World. but through my teens and into my early twenties, i had a weird relationship with makeup. i used it, i knew i enjoyed it, but i didn't know what my relationship was to it. was i wearing it for me or for others ? eventually that question became was i NOT wearing it for me or for others ?! by the time i was 26 i began embracing it fully, and always having fun mixing natural looks with the more bold avant garde. and i still stand there today. as i get older i imagine some conflicts arising (do i want to follow this trend, or drop another), but i will stand firm and it will be on MY terms, and not others. basically, i intend to embody this video posted below -- and i'll make no apologies !

Big yes on youtubers and brands. I love that more people get to try different products but if I see a PR package in the thumbnail I will avoid the video. They all say their reviews are still honest but they're clearly biased. 😕 And I've yet to see a collab that really wowed me besides JH/Becca/ChampagnePop.

Hi @jemly i'll be happy to send you a deluxe sample of SR Good Genes 🙂 just PM me your address!

hi @shirleylin88 !! that's very very kind of you ! i actually have a DS due to get here tomorrow. thank you for your thoughtful generosity though !!!! ❤️

1. Three products I’m dying to try are .Laura Mercier Powder (in the new deep shade because I liked the original but felt it wasn't translucent enough for my skin tone), MUFE Skin Booster, and Nars soft matte concealer
  2. My hair is kinky, unruly, bane of my existence haha
  3. The brand that upsets me the most is Jeffree Star because the videos I've seen of him the way he talks to and about people. I don't care for the products I've seen in reviews either.
  4. A brand I haven’t tried yet but am interested in is Pat Mcgrath because of all the hype but I can't justify the price.
  5. Something I don’t like about the Beauty Industry is how much pressure there is to look full glam and gorgeous on social media but if you wear that same full face in person you get shamed for wearing too much. At the same time you also get people looking at you funny if you decide to go makeup free. Too much judging on looks.
  6. If all makeup production stopped FOREVER, I would stock up on Concealer. I NEED to cover my dark circles!
  7. A beauty trick I learned from someone else is to put setting powder/translucent powder all over before applying blush. I never realized why a blended look would suddenly turn into a block on my face. Then I realized powder blush was setting into my wet foundation (when I was in a rush) but foundation, then a powder layer, then powder blush on top stops that from happening.
  8. My most treasured beauty possession is my Guerlain Holiday 2015 meteorites globe ball thing. It's just so pretty.
  9. When it comes to Limited Edition items, I think it's better to wait for reviews or just wait for it to be on sale or the eventually come back in stock. Seems nobody honors "limited edition" anymore and mistake it for "limited quantities."
  10. Brands I will no longer buy from are Jeffree Star (only have 1 lipstick) because of the reasons mentioned above. Also, I have to really give some thought to Too Faced and Urban Decay because the quality doesn't seem up to snuff lately.
  11. Brands I love to buy from are Make Up For Ever, Nars, Bumble and Bumble, Lorac, Becca, Hakuhodo/Wayne Goss, etc.
  12. If I was going to give a BT Award it would go to veronika23 for the upcoming makeup release type of threads. It keeps me in the know! Shout Out to Notcreative too though because I've been a long time lover of the deals too good to pass up thread. She saves me major money!
  13. My heart races when I see beautiful packaging.
  14. There are too many eyeshadow palettes
  15. There are not enough cosmetic companies that cater to a wider variety of skin tones (particularly on the beginnings and ends of the spectrum)
  16. Three words that describe my beauty philosophy are natural, quality, durable
  17. My biggest product disappointment was Nars radiant creamy concealer everyone raved about it but it creased like crazy and wouldn't stay put under my eyes for my eye shape.
  18. Something I’m waiting to come back in stock is Sephora collection the Artful Traveler makeup brush roll.
  19. Ingredients I’m cautious of are parabens because I'm told they are bad. I've researched the topic and have found conflicting reports so I just try to avoid it anyway. Also fragrances high up on the ingredient list in products. It gives me headaches and I hear it's really not good for the skin anyway. 
  20. Tell us about your beauty journey. Where you started, where you are now, and where you want to be in the future! It really kicked off in 2014. I wore minimal makeup in high school but then I actually had a 4 year stint of wearing zero makeup. It wasn't until my friend was getting married *which coincided with the end of a long term relationship) that I started looking into what was considered the best makeup and then it just reignited my love of makeup. It made me feel pretty again. 🙂 Where I'm at now is pretty confident with my techniques although there are a few areas I feel I haven't perfected. Where I want to be in the future is just total pro status to where I can even do crazy effects makeup.

This was so much fun! 😄

@spadersgirl  aw thanks! Heart I LOVE new releases!  Also have to agree with the JS and overly scented products!

@spadersgirl Loved all your answers! Completely agree about a lot of things haha like Jeffree, Pat McGrath, and avoiding fragrance. I wish there was less fragrance in skin care especially.

Thank you and yes, my thoughts exactly! I tried this Clarins moisturizer recently which made my face feel AMAZING. So ridiculously smooth and firm. The only problem is that it was so heavily fragranced that it gave me a headache. I wish more companies would make fragrance-free alternatives or at least tone it down.

YAY!!! These are fun! Thanks @ShannonAlexis 🙂 Be back shortly to play 🙂

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • bag
  • serge.jpg
  • clapping.gif
  • upload_1195418991345416185.gif
  • upload_4350787245935962811.gif
  • upload_6064742072288724523.gif
testing