Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|
Anonymous Insider

Face wash? Which one to pick in the sea of beauty products?

Hello everyone! I recently ran out of my face wash and want to switch it up a bit. What is the best face wash you have ever used, and why did you like it so much?

Thank you!

-Danika

Re: Face wash? Which one to pick in the sea of beauty products?

@Ddp418   I’m trialing several new-to-me cleansers right now, hoping to find one that plays nice with my combo skin for AM and PM washings. (My previous PM cleanser is too drying to repeat in the AM. Actually, most cleansers are too drying for me in the morning, and many are also too drying at night. And several have caused bad reactions.) So far, the 2 winners are by Paula’s Choice: Hydralight One Step Face Cleanser and Clear Pore Normalizing Cleanser (contains a low % of salicylic acid). Both of these thoroughly clean my oily zone without stripping my dry zones. 

3F76C471-C6C9-4E17-9925-967DB2F5981F.jpegBA2E44E9-6D99-4391-930F-351C5E3C196D.jpeg

At night, I use micellar water before a cleanser to remove makeup. I alternate between TARTE - Micellar Magic Makeup Remover & Cleanser and LANCôME - Bi-Facil Face Bi-Phased Micellar Water Face Makeup Remover & Cleanser. To remove eye makeup, I use Lancôme Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover 4.2 oz/ 125 mL It’s the fastest and most thorough product I’ve ever used to remove mascara, eyeliner, and shadows. I don’t like to use it on my whole face because it leaves a very oily film (both cleansers I mentioned above easily wash it away, though). But I’ve used Bi-Facil on my lips to remove very stubborn lipstick stains a few times—stains Vaseline couldn’t remove on its own. 😄 

I've used sooo many facial cleaners over the years. After much experimentation I am currently using- 1. Youth For the People "superfoods antioxidant cleaner" in the morning-it's super refreshing, and makes my skin feel clean and balanced. It smells divine 2. double cleaning with Dermalogica's "Precleanse Oil", followed by the "Peke" bar by Drunk Elephant. 3. I use the clarins "toning lotion with chamomile" to finish the cleaning process both morning and night. This is the perfect cleaning routine for me. I also think cleaning along with treating, moisturizing, and sunscreen are the BEST proven skin care routine, so I take the cleaning bit very seriously.

RE: Face wash? Which one to pick in the sea of beauty products?

Thought of two more: La mer cleansing oil - I use it after washing my face to get rid of any excess makeup and it provides hydration to my face overnight Soap and glory peaches and cream - a bit oily but works. - soy cleanser my first reply is better to cleanse the face going back to it

@Ddp418I love cleansing milks too as they're gentle on your face 🙂 My HG cleanser is pure+simple's sensitive cleansing milk.

I also like REN Clean Skincare Evercalm™ Gentle Cleansing Milk

It has a richer consistency than the p+s but doesn't take off eye makeup.

Hi @Ddp418,

If you have dry skin, I love cleansing milks because they clean your skin without stripping its natural oils. My favorite is the Clarins Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs 6.9 oz/ 200 mL

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

Love love love the drunk elephant Pekee and juju bar! I use the Pekee bar at night. It's very gentle and non drying! It doesn't leave my skin dry and stripped. The juju bar I use in the morning. It has bamboo charcoal and you can feel a slight exfoliation but it's super gentle as well and you can use it everyday without the skin drying! Love it!

@Ddp418  I’ve been loving TATCHA - The Deep Cleanse Exfoliating Cleanser

Without a doubt Estee Lauders cleanser has been the best face wash Ive come across.It is quite decadent, luxurious, feels like a spa treatment. It smells beautiful (floral). Most importantly it leaves your face perfectly cleansed, softer, glowier, and not at all dry or stripped.

Estée Lauder Perfectly Clean Multi-Action Foam Cleanser/Purifying Mask 5 oz/ 150 mL

Hi @Ddp418 ,

Double cleansing has been the best for my skin! I suggest an oil cleanser in dry hands/dry face as your 1st step. Then add a bit of water and continue to massage before rinsing off. This is great for breaking down all of your makeup, moisturizers, SPF, dirt, oils, etc before going in with your daily cleanser. My go-to oil cleansers are Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL for when I'm traveling, or BOSCIA - MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil for when I'm at home. (The Boscia takes up less space on my sink so I prefer it at home). 

As for a step 2 cleanser, I suggest First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL and Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 8 oz / 237 ml, which others have also recommended. 🙂 I love both of these cleansers because they do not strip my skin, and they leave my face feeling great! 

Best,

Laurie 

Youth to the People HANDS-DOWN! My face has never looked better with this wash Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 8 oz / 237 ml

It leaves my face feeling perfect all year round. My skin gets dry in the winter and it keeps it hydrated then in the summer, it controls my t-zone. It is one of the only CLEAN products that is actually clean. I never doubt getting a bottle of this once I run out. I've tried drunk elephant, khiel's, cetaphil, tatcha, which regardless are all great products but by far the best one is YTTP!

@natafisc ,

This is one of my favorite cleansers also! I love that it helps to keep my oily t-zone under control. 🙂

Best,

Laurie

My two favorites are the FRESH - Soy Face Cleanser and KORRES - Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser. 😊

@Ddp418 I love the FRESH - Soy Face Cleanser,the PHILOSOPHY - Purity Made Simple Cleanserand the Drunk Elephant Beste™ No. 9 Jelly Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL

I have found they are all gently and provide a deep clean. I hope this helps! 

Best,
Rebecca

RE: Face wash? Which one to pick in the sea of beauty products?

Soy cleanser by fresh is good

Skin Cleanser. For dry skin, plain old Cetaphil is great. There are also generic versions of it you can buy. Why pay alot for something that's only on your face for a minute or so?

@Ddp418 I use Origins Checks and Balances™ Frothy Face Wash 5 oz/ 150 mL

super gentle on my skin and doesn’t irritate it in any way. 

@Ddp418 My fave is First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL

It is gentle on my skin, but also cuts through grease.  I've noticed that it's made my skin tone more even, and I also got rid of a couple pesky blackheads since using it.

If you want something gentle, effective, and non-stripping, I'd stick to a cream or gel cleanser like Philosophy Purity, First Aid Beauty Facial Cleanser, or Fresh Soy Cleanser. @Anonymous 

@Ddp418  For a long time I quite enjoyed Murad Essential-C Cleanser 6.5 oz as my daily cleanser. 

However, in the last few months I have actually been loving a drugstore cleanser more:  Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser.

B48DE9F9-FC5D-4A38-98AE-EDE16837689D.jpeg

I have acne-prone skin, but it’s so sensitive that I can’t usually use salicylic acid because my face becomes painfully inflamed, red, and itchy. This product is definitely different, however, because I can use it twice a day with zero issues. It cleanses my skin well, but doesn’t strip it down to the point that it’s tight and uncomfortable. Plus it’s definitely easy on the wallet 😉

@Ddp418 

I have a love/hate relationship with PHILOSOPHY - Purity Made Simple Cleanser.

They changed the formula this year but I’ve still gone back to it after insisting I disliked the formula. 

It’s simple and effective. 

22 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • B48DE9F9-FC5D-4A38-98AE-EDE16837689D.jpeg
  • 3F76C471-C6C9-4E17-9925-967DB2F5981F.jpeg
  • BA2E44E9-6D99-4391-930F-351C5E3C196D.jpeg
testing