Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Face Cleansing Wipes

Can anyone recommend some face cleansing wipes that are good for combo/oily acne prone skin that removes makeup well? I've tried Murad Clarifying Wipes for Blemish Prone Skin (broke me out big time), Ole Henriksen Truth To Go Vitamin C Wipes (good but burned a little) and The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Wipes (okay but not great) so far. Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Re: Face Cleansing Wipes

I don't think you have to worry about skintype when it comes to things like makeup wipes because you just wipe and trash and most don't leave any sort of residue. I like the Josie Maran ones from Sephora, they smell amazing but they really don't remove makeup any better than drugstore ones like the YES brand which are my #1. If you have a Big Lots near you, look for Epielle cleansing tissues, they have a pack of 60 for $2 and work just as well---they come in cucumber, aloe etc. The pack of 30 is $1 but the pack of 60 has that secure snap shut top so the tissues don't dry out, the pack of 30 only has that peel off sticker.

I agree with sephoramusthave on the YES brand wipes .  I have sensitive skin and the cucumber line is gentle on skin yet effective in removing makeup and gunk.

I usually just remove my eye makeup & wash my face with a gentle cleanser. The wipes never get everything and too harsh & drying on my skin & most of them have alcohol in them. 

Koh Gen Do uses a natural cloth http://www.sephora.com/cleansing-spa-water-cloths-P294018?skuId=1361096 But I rather just use the cleansing water on a face pad. 

& FAB has a gentle one http://www.sephora.com/gentle-cleansing-wipes-P378342?skuId=1496231

I have tried a few of the drugstore wipes and I can honestly say I haven't found one I really like  I love the philosophy purity made simple wipes.  They never dry me out or cause irritation, they are an ample size cloth, and I find that they are moist enough to really get my whole face thoroughly clean. I never need to take a second wipe to do the job.  They work well at removing eye makeup as long as it's not waterproof.  You get 30 wipes for $15. It's  a little pricey but they really do the job and leave my skin in great condition so I feel they are worth the cost.  

I have combo skin- not acne prone, but i use the Ponds wipes either in the blue or purple pkg. 

My skin has a personal mission to break out with ANYTHING possible. That said, I absolutely love Simple wipes. $6 for 25 wipes- although I find coupons for them all the time (and my local BJ's club has them 3 for $12). They have never made me break out, have no alcohol, oils, perfumes or dyes and can even take off my waterproof mascara without much effort.

I just use the Neutrogena ones. I also use Stridex salicylic acid wipes afterwards.

I have acne prone skin and I have used many types of cleansing wipes and I've not had any break me out.  I usually buy whatever I can get at Target, I like Nuetrogena as they are cheap and work well.  

I did splurge on the Ole Henriksen Truth To Go Vitamin C Wipes, which are $15 for 30, because I love the Vitamin C line, but I don't buy them very often.  This is definitely an item that I save on usually.

I've been using the nuetrogena deep clean oil free. Yeah are really good and the fact that they don't leave a greasy residue is even better. Try those. I'm positive you will love them!!! Smiley Wink
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • simplewipes.jpg
  • swfupload_3734777957740432698.jpg
  • swfupload_1403871927120365925.jpg