Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

FALL-WINTER & HOLIDAY 2019 RELEASES!!!

Previews of fall, winter and holiday releases

New products for purchase at Sephora US

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/2019-Fall-Winter-amp-Holiday-Found-in-the-Wild-Thread/...

New products for purchase at Sephora Canada

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/m-p/2164948

Spoiler

Current haul thread

New product review and discussion thread

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/New-Products-Reviews-Discussions-and-More/m-p/3...

Re: FALL-WINTER & HOLIDAY 2019 RELEASES!!!

Nice marketing Trader Joe’s love it @SportyGirly125 😄 @itsfi of course has this already and posted it on a recent haul, so green I am lol 🤩

Someone I know who works there says another male crew member tried it and liked it, I haven’t met a bio cell mask I was bitter toward so sounds like a trip to TJ’s!

@eshoe I need to go and get the mini diffuser and face mask. 

ABH also launching glitters on Sept 26th

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 8.35.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-18 at 8.35.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-18 at 8.35.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-18 at 8.35.33 PM.png

Ooooh I want the Dimension one with the little star glitt...

Ooooh I want the Dimension one with the little star glitters!

@veronika23 I am obsessed with loose glitter! I need the "Flower Child" in my life 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

@veronika23 I can't keep up with ABH.  I can't keep up with the new eyeshadow palettes coming out.  Some lovely options but wow there are so many these days.

@meganlisa  I can't keep up either... and well TBH I don't care like I used to. I think part of that comes from too many releases though. There's nothing special anymore... just more of the same because they want more money. That and everyone seems to be coming out with a brand... like really? Ugh. Just kinda over it. The industry is just too saturated. I wouldn't be surprised if it all took a dive.

@veronika23-  It's all just too much. I don't get this influencer thing, why would I want to buy something just because someone with a lot of time on their hands and a computer or phone says it's the next big thing? When the company gives them the product for free, why would they say otherwise?

Also, I think makeup companies are way too fixed on warm tone palettes. It seems like it's been ages since anyone, let alone ND, released a good cool tone palette. I got Icy Betch and really like that one, but it's a genuine rarity. I haven't bought a new palette in ages, even though I have over $4000 points at ULTA and a big gift card. Maybe I'll just use it on a new hairdryer, I've gotten a couple of nice suggestions.

@prettyinpa  YESSSS!!!! EXACTLY!!!! I don't get it either... like I'm gonna believe what that random person says... yeah no. I'm not a damn 🐑🐑🐑. I'm a 🐺. 😂 If I want to know more on something I'll ask people whose opinions I trust.

Oh that seems like a nice palette. Glad you like it! 😊 I didn't get it. I don't think I bought a palette this year... not even one from ND!!! I don't get the never ending warm trend either. Enough is enough. Everyone is doing the same thing. BORING! Give me variety. Give me a cool palette with greys and NO browns. Guess no one wants to be different these days... just more clones. Yawn!🙄

Which dryer are you looking at? I have so many points at Sephora that I'd like to spend but getting the 100$ gc is IMPOSSIBLE and I don't even know what I'd spend it on... If I could use two in the same transaction I'd probably buy one of my fav masks from Fresh but can't do that... Sephora and their complicated ways...🙄🙄🙄

@veronika23 I think the industry is taking a dive. It's a slow one, but with Ulta's stock taking a dump recently due to quarterly performance, I think that is signaling the start a cascade effect that maybe the public wasn't aware of. To counteract it brands are using what I like to call the Colourpop method (no offense to Colourpop) and are saturation the market just trying to lure people in to buy. I mean it seems like collabs are at an all time high also just trying to get you to buy something because your favorite YouTuber/celebrity/beauty guru is on the packaging. It's kinda sad really.

It is sad @niki172. 😞  Yeah you are right that collabs seems at an all time high... that combined with everyone coming out with their own brand. There's just too much crap. Honestly I think these influencers ruined it.

@veronika23 I couldn't agree with you more. There is just too much and I've stopped caring/trying to keep up with it. An ABH palette release used to be rare and feel very special and exciting. Now, how many have they released this year? 4? 5? I don't even know because I can't keep up.

I am so baffled as to why celebrities and "influencers" keep launching their own makeup brands. Why on earth would anyone want to enter a market that is so saturated and already full of amazing products? 😐 

@Asche  yeah there is definitely too much and so true... it's not special anymore. It's not exciting... there's no anticipation for something nice, creative and well thought out.  Instead we get product after product that ends up in the sale section. Produce, produce, produce... consume, consume, consume. Ugh. I'd say greed... if they can capitalize on something they will... I never understood this whole influencer thing and never will.

@veronika23 It seems harder to differentiate and the overkill makes decision making impossible.  Price points are also rising.  My skincare spending is up; color cosmetic spending is down (though not totally; I got the 2 new hourglass palettes and ND sunset during the sale).  But, increasingly, my spending is limited to fewer and fewer brands.  I just can't keep up otherwise!!!!

@meganlisa  I totally understand what you're saying. My skincare spending also went up, mainly late last year as my makeup went down. I've mainly spent on indie polish... the rest I don't care all that much anymore. I'm tired of it and it's overwhelming. I'm trying to finish what I have and de-clutter what I can. I'll probably stick to the same brands too when it's time to stock up again.

Swatches of Norvina Vol 2. - Sept 26th online

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 6.45.45 AM.png

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 6.45.54 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-18 at 6.46.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-18 at 6.46.11 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-18 at 6.46.21 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-18 at 6.46.31 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-18 at 6.46.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-18 at 6.46.50 AM.png

@veronika23 WOW! These colors are so bright and pigmented! 

Best,
Rebecca

Another Norvina coming

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 4.20.23 PM.png

ABH used to feel so special, like PMG, with maybe 2-3 palettes coming out per year. Now it just feels like they are pumping them out like crazy 😞 seems to have started when they got sold?

@SurprisedLemur  yeah I'm pretty sure that's what happened... they got sold and now it's just release after release... Big companies that have the monopoly like EL ruin everything!

Norvina Vol. 2 - Sept 26th

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 5.21.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-17 at 5.21.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-17 at 5.25.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-17 at 5.25.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-17 at 5.26.05 PM.png

7 Replies
testing