Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

FALL-WINTER & HOLIDAY 2019 RELEASES!!!

Previews of fall, winter and holiday releases

New products for purchase at Sephora US

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/2019-Fall-Winter-amp-Holiday-Found-in-the-Wild-Thread/...

New products for purchase at Sephora Canada

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/m-p/2164948

Spoiler

Current haul thread

New product review and discussion thread

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/New-Products-Reviews-Discussions-and-More/m-p/3...

Re: FALL-WINTER & HOLIDAY 2019 RELEASES!!!

@PinkEvergreen ABH should hire you! 😄 Eliminating those 5 shades actually made me like it quite a bit more. If I was curating this thing entirely for myself, I would probably be happy eliminating the bottom 2 rows altogether.

Actually, I'm starting to realize I should just buy the ND Lila palette. 😛

@Asche  Lol thanks 😂 I’m a terrible “ideas person,” but I’ve always been a pretty good editor haha...

As for ND Lila, it’s gorgeous and applies so beautifully. It hurts the wallet, but there just so happens to be a sale going on... 😅

@PinkEvergreen I've been having the biggest internal debate over Lila. I need another palette like a hole in the head, but it's just such a good deal right now!

@Asche  I can’t relate at alllll... (said no one on Sephora, ever) lol 😂 

Remember, there will be a November sale. That gives you time to offload some palettes to friends and family to make room for Lila 😉

@PinkEvergreen I bought it. Couldn't resist that sale price + 20% off! 😛 

@Asche  Honestly, I highly doubt that you’ll regret it 😊

@PinkEvergreen I can't wait to get my hands on it! Gotta love how a critique of an ABH palette turned into a ND purchase. 😄

@Asche  That’s so typical of the BIC 😂 We go down so many topic rabbit holes in a single thread lol...

The name of this palette has me all confused. Is there more to this 'collection'? Is the palette's name the "Norvina Collection'? One product can't be a collection, can it? Unless they mean 'collection of eyeshadows'? Maybe I'm overthinking this but it's driving me nuts. 😛

Image result for crazy pills gif

@Asche  Ditto!  I feel like they took the Norvina palette which lots of people including myself love the color story and then added a bunch of seemingly random colors.  Not sure where they are going with it.  I'll take a look at it when it comes out but likely a pass.  I hope she does something else for holidays or for the spring.  

@MCSSavvy  I also loved the Norvina palette! I think the bright reds/oranges in this palette have really thrown me off.

Coming soon from Shiseido

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 7.08.09 PM.png

omg that brush is so pretty!!

That is one of the prettiest foundation brushes I've ever seen. I love the bright, red flower shape. <333

RE: FALL-WINTER & HOLIDAY 2019 RELEASES!!!

@Sunnysmom I had a chance to swatch all of my Roen purchases finally. The product is dramatically different than in appears in the pan. All shades are a greasy cream base (even though most appeared to be powder) loaded with flaky glitter Still very pretty but the cream base has me concerned for longevity/creasing L to R: Summer Disco single, 75* quad, Disco single, 52* quad

Re: RE: FALL-WINTER & HOLIDAY 2019 RELEASES!!!

@Mochapj I love seeing the swatches! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

I've been using both palettes and the single since June with few issues. I don't find it greasy, just a cream with shimmer/glitter. The only shade I've had the occasional fallout issue with is Disco, but I find if I use a primer, it's usually fine. I really like these for a quick shimmery eye and get a lot of compliments when I wear them.

Thanks @vibrouge glad to hear they’re working well for you

my primary concern lies in the fact that I have hooded eyes so even with primer, creamier, greasier textures like this don’t tend to last. 

I hear you - I also have hooded eyes. But I don't find that these slide around once you put them on or transfer to the upper eye/lid. Hope it works out for you - I really enjoy these to do a quick, effective look. BTW, they are all creams and I find they generally apply better with fingers than with a brush.

Wow thank you so much @Mochapj .  Isn’t that interesting. I wasn’t expecting that for sure and have to rethink it I think! Have you tried them on yet or just swatch. Keep us posted! 🥰

@Sunnysmom I haven’t yet; tbh the texture threw me off. I’m traveling this weekend though and put them in my makeup bag because I’ll have some shorter outings where longevity should be less of a concern

will let you know. Off the top of my head the texture is most similar to Tom Ford’s pink sand cream blush but the glitter particles give it the feel of Pat McGrath blitztrance (sandy)

2 Replies
testing