Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

FALL-WINTER & HOLIDAY 2019 RELEASES!!!

Previews of fall, winter and holiday releases

New products for purchase at Sephora US

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/2019-Fall-Winter-amp-Holiday-Found-in-the-Wild-Thread/...

New products for purchase at Sephora Canada

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/m-p/2164948

Spoiler

Current haul thread

New product review and discussion thread

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/New-Products-Reviews-Discussions-and-More/m-p/3...

Re: FALL-WINTER & HOLIDAY 2019 RELEASES!!!

I don't like this at all, is it just me? 

@makeitup305 You're not alone, I'm not a fan either. The colours just aren't my thing, I guess.

@Asche it just feels really unnecessary and incoherent. So close to the Jackie Aina release, too. I really like that one and it's much better put together IMO than this one. 

@makeitup305 Yes! Incoherent is a great way to describe how I feel about it also.

@Asche to me the first two rows make sense and are an extension of the Norvina palette from earlier this year (last year?). The second half seems completely random. 

@makeitup305 Agreed! I kinda wish they'd just taken those top two rows and made a regular ABH palette with those shades. I'd snap that up in a heartbeat! 

@Asche  @makeitup305  It does feel incoherent. Here is how I might try to fix it:

Step 1: Change the inner packaging to a lighter purple (like the outside of the original Norvina palette), with no black framing. Or, to solid black on the inside, with no other framing colours. (The current purple and black interior clashes so much with these eyeshadow colours.)

Step 2: Change it to four rows instead of five. This thing is too beefy!

Step 3: Delete these colours:

9ECB4FB7-DA21-44ED-B2BF-ACDD33D62F47.jpeg

I think that would make it more palatable (pun intended). However, I think it would probably be even better to cut out an additional five colours. 

@PinkEvergreen ABH should hire you! Smiley Very Happy Eliminating those 5 shades actually made me like it quite a bit more. If I was curating this thing entirely for myself, I would probably be happy eliminating the bottom 2 rows altogether.

Actually, I'm starting to realize I should just buy the ND Lila palette. Smiley Tongue

@Asche  Lol thanks 😂 I’m a terrible “ideas person,” but I’ve always been a pretty good editor haha...

As for ND Lila, it’s gorgeous and applies so beautifully. It hurts the wallet, but there just so happens to be a sale going on... 😅

@PinkEvergreen I've been having the biggest internal debate over Lila. I need another palette like a hole in the head, but it's just such a good deal right now!

@Asche  I can’t relate at alllll... (said no one on Sephora, ever) lol 😂 

Remember, there will be a November sale. That gives you time to offload some palettes to friends and family to make room for Lila 😉

@PinkEvergreen I bought it. Couldn't resist that sale price + 20% off! Smiley Tongue 

@Asche  Honestly, I highly doubt that you’ll regret it 😊

@PinkEvergreen I can't wait to get my hands on it! Gotta love how a critique of an ABH palette turned into a ND purchase. Smiley Very Happy

@Asche  That’s so typical of the BIC 😂 We go down so many topic rabbit holes in a single thread lol...

The name of this palette has me all confused. Is there more to this 'collection'? Is the palette's name the "Norvina Collection'? One product can't be a collection, can it? Unless they mean 'collection of eyeshadows'? Maybe I'm overthinking this but it's driving me nuts. Smiley Tongue

Image result for crazy pills gif

@Asche  Ditto!  I feel like they took the Norvina palette which lots of people including myself love the color story and then added a bunch of seemingly random colors.  Not sure where they are going with it.  I'll take a look at it when it comes out but likely a pass.  I hope she does something else for holidays or for the spring.  

@MCSSavvy  I also loved the Norvina palette! I think the bright reds/oranges in this palette have really thrown me off.

Coming soon from Shiseido

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 7.08.09 PM.png

omg that brush is so pretty!!

That is one of the prettiest foundation brushes I've ever seen. I love the bright, red flower shape. <333

2 Replies