Those who are on the no buy have just 4 days left of being good! Congrats to you all for being so strong, I was not
After the points promo and summer sales I think we all have a little enibbler in us now.... So what are you loving & what are you regretting?
~ Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser: It's uber gentle, but my face feels so smooth & soft after using it. Seriously where has this been all my life?
~ YSL glossy stains- obviously
~ Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Ant-Breakage Spray- Doesn't have as many proteins as the cream so it won't dry hair out. It has the right balance of protein & moisture!
~ Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-in-Conditioner- I put a tiny bit on my ends while still in the shower
~ Too Faced 3way lash lining tool- So easy to use! Gives a perfect tight line every time & even though it's not advertised as waterproof I haven't had any issues with it during summer activities
~ Alterna Bamboo Dry Oil Mist- The PERFECT finishing spray! It's lighter than argan oil, so it won't weigh down & grease up my hair. I love the shine & softness it adds to my hair.
~ Tarte Brow Mousse- Quik & easy. The shade Taupe matches me perfectly.
~ Eve Lom Muslin Cloths- I bought them before Sephora started to carry Eve Lom. I use them to take off masks (like the stubborn glamglow), or thicker cleansers (Ren Clear Calm Clay).
~ Ole Henriksen Loofa Body Scrub- BEST BODY SCRUB EVER! It comes in a bottle, so no messy jars that get filled with water I like to turn the water off in the shower, apply my conditioner, pin my hair up & then I take my time massaging in the scrub. My legs & arms are soooo smooth after I use it.
~ At home Gel Manicures- They last 2 weeks, I can do it in the comfort of my home while watching TV & no worry about smudging or chipping.
On The Fence:
~ PTR Oilless Oil 100% Purified Squalane- I like that it's oil free but still packs hydration. My dry areas disappear, but it leaves me shiny & greasy. I'm trying to mix 1/2 a drop with my moisturizer & see how things go. It also seams a bit heavy on the skin.
~ Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation- It's easy to apply, doesn't oxidize, don't need to set it. I just don't know if it's better than Dior Airflash which is also a liquid to powder
~ Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara- one coat gives great volume, but if you missed any stray lashes & go for a second coat then the mascara really clumps up. It's also never seamed to dry and I kept seeing smudges on my brow bone. It might be a good mascara to pair with false lashes.
~ Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter Body Lotion- I keep the pump on my nightstand and slather myself every night before crawling into bed. I love the scent & I wake up feeling moisturized. I don't think it will be heavy enough for winter, I might need to alternate with Perricone Cold Plasma Body, but it's perfect for Summer.
~ Dior Brow Styler- The unversal shade was too dark for me & even with a light hand it made my full brows look too done.
~ Marc Jacobs Highliner- It's soft so it transfers easily when applying to the upper lash line. It works well for tight lining, but it's a pain to take off. There are better eyeliners out there
~ Bobbi Brown gel liner- It's a cream, not a gel... they need to change the name. It's too thin & not pigmented enough. I bought it at a department store, & waited too long to return it
~ Hourglass Illusion TM- I normally do not get a shiny T-zone, but I did with this TM. I tried applying setting powder to counteract the shine/sparkle... but it didn't work out too well. It is very long lasting borderline waterproof, I just couldn't get over the shine.
~ Perricone Blue Plasma- If you're new to serums, or really sensitive, then this might be good for you. After 4 months I saw no results, no benefits, no exfoliation
Anyone watch Futurama? There's a character named Nibbler...
I have been very bad since BI week - still going through the haul but will report back probably tomorrow
lol, I feel like I'm responsible for introducing, like 50% of the animal trend on BT. Anyways,
get it get it get it:
- Nails Inc. caviar top coat: I blame Kimmi for getting me into nail art, and Starletta for enabling me. I never see the point of top coat, but it did make my polish look shinier and last longer. Was at a conference for a week, looks as good as new 4 days later.
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir: it's like a perfume you can spray on your face, good for your skin, and cuts down on the nausea/grody feeling when TOM comes around.
- When Snow Angel sheet mask: I've never tried a sheet mask so I was curious. It's very hydrating and refreshing and no complaints from pimples or oily part of skin. Not as messy as I feared and I think it did brighten a bit, but a week of walking around in South Cali pretty much ruined my whole winter's effort in shedding the tan. It's like the sun's telling me "HAHAHAHA. Whitening? what is that?" But, I've only used 1.5 mask, I still have hope!
Currently nibbling at me:
- Origins Ginger Souffle cream: it's not better at moisturizing than any other body cream or moisturizers, and it's pretty expensive. *sniff* But I'm so addicted to this scent *sniff*. This fresh, warm, gingery and citrusy *sniff* scent is quite *sniff* unique. And as much as *sniff* I know it's a waste of money *sniff* I JUST CANNOT STOP SNIFFING IT/MY HAND EVERYTIME I USE THE MINI I HAVE *SNIFF* I think I might try the perfume *sniff* which I think is more cost effective. *sniff*sniff*sniff*
- Josie Maran Coconut cheek gelee: totally being enabled by you guys, cuz I'm a shiny pink girl and blush's the last thing I need. I'm also paranoid about symmetry and having blush being uneven, but this is very sheer and natural. Altho I'm not sure how I feel about "blushing" all the time, I still wear it every time I see it....
Take it away, squirrel:
- Marc Jacob highliner: solid performance, great color. But, if it's gonna be a color liner, I'm going with UD. If it's a black liner, it needs to be able to give me cateye, this doesn't have the tip for it. It's a great eyeliner, but I'll be getting the other liquid one when purchasing time comes.
ps. I was going to type "get it" all concatenated, but I realized it forms a very immature word in the middle. Yes, sometimes I have the mind of a 3rd grade boy.
"take it away, squirrel"
Since he's our mascot can he handle returns for us too? That way we don't have to deal with the looks from snotty cast members when we say "I knew it wasn't for me... but the squirrel made me buy it!"
Love this idea! Unfortunately I have been enabling myself, as well. I did a no buy earlier this year... so... justification for all of my recent purchases? I'm almost to rouge, too. *blush*
ORIGINS Clear Improvement™ Active Charcoal Mask To Clear Pores
It makes my skin feels so smooth and I do think it looks better. Not photoshop perfect, but much better!
BITE BEAUTY High Pigment Matte Pencil (in Chablis)
I was/am obsessed with NARS matte pencils (and lipsticks, who am I kidding?), but now I ALSO love these. Smooth and pigmented. So pretty. This one is a lovely color for fall!
DEBORAH LIPPMANN Nail Lacquer - Glitter (in Across The Universe)
Um, I adore this. And I got so many compliments on it. I wore it over a solid navy base. I will be purchasing more...
TARTE Pure Maracuja Oil
I just finished up a sample size bottle of this. I didn't think it was bad, I actually liked it just fine, to be honest, but I didn't think it was any better than argan oil, or coconut oil, and not worth a repurchase. :/
LIVING PROOF Hold Firm Hairspray
I purchased the small size of this when I went out of town for a wedding into extreme humidity. After a few sprays, it just stopped working. I was sad. I like living proof products in general, but when the only hairspray you have stops working when you're getting ready for a wedding and it is humid and you have fine hair that doesn't like to curl anyway... yeah...
I almost forgot! TF Better Than Sex Mascara! Yeah, it looks pretty but totally smudges under my eyes. Boo hoo.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Soft Brown-love that it stays sharp/fine point. I was using the Lorac brow pencil but since you have to sharpen it, it gets dull and if you aren't paying attention, end up with a chubby eyebrow tail.
- Shu Uemera Eyelash Curler-finally received it about a week ago, amaziiiiing! Love Love Love! So I purchased this and the Shisheido one at the same time, unfortunately the Shisheido one is not the right shape for my eye and I end up pinching myself which has never happened even with a cheap curler. Tried it twice and did not want to keep pinching my eyelid Just might happen to make it into one of the Traveling Sephora Boxes for those of you that love the Shisheido curler.
- FRESH Sugar Lip Tx-I really like the lemony scent, have been applying every night before bed and just used the code on my last order to get another deluxe mini.
- TOKYOMILK DARK Femme Fatale Tainted Love No. 62-I prefer musky scents and this is so yummy!
- CAUDALIE Instant Foaming Cleanser-Very refreshing and leaves my skin feeling extremely clean with just 1-2 pumps.
- Shisheido Cotton-Yes raved about it already, will be on my Loves List forever!
- SEPHORA+PANTONE UNIVERSE Color Theory Sculpting Blush-This thing is huuuuuge! I wanted a dupe for MAC Cream Soda and this is probably as close as I am going to get. Perfect for everyday or when you don't want super obvious blush. Been using this whenever I wear a dramatic lip or eye. Was almost tempted to buy a second since it's on sale and is limited edition, but it really is so big that I doubt I will ever finish it!
- Buxom True Hue Blush in Swept Away-poor pigmentation, did not show up on me at all
- CAROL'S DAUGHTER Macadamia Hold & Control Smoother-did nothing for my hair but make it greasy.
- TF Better Than Sex Mascara-I don't know who formulated this and who they were having sex with because no, no where near better than anything lol.
- KAT VON D Painted Love Lipstick in Lolita-got the mini of this but the photo looked nude pink, when it's actually brown.
- Shisheido Curler-As stated above, do not like being pinched by this thing.
My local store does, they have a smaller sized red box of them too, for $6. I actually found them at the drugstore the other day too, for less than Sephora charges, so strange!
Really? I ran out the other day and bought it from macy's. When I first bought it online, it says online only so it kinda stuck on me and I never thought of looking for it in store.