cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|
Anonymous Insider

Dry skin

Hi. I am 40 years old and I started to notice my skin is getting dry and It don have a glow neither also my pores are visible. Also am concern with my under eyes I have Syringomas I believe is called.  It’s  some white circles under my eyes and under eye is also dry and saggy.  Please what you recommend me?

Re: Dry skin

Hi @Mary310 ! Was your skin oily before you noticed it started getting dry? Large visible pores are usually an oily skin characteristic. When oily skin becomes dry, that usually means it’s dehydrated. It needs more hydration beneath any kind of moisturizer you apply. (A moisturizer’s job is to seal hydration into your skin. If you apply a moisturizer to dry skin without a hydration layer underneath, your skin won’t get the hydration it needs.) 

Try a hydrating serum or mist. There are plenty of options out there, but I always recommend a humectant serum/mist—something that’ll attract moisture from your environment to your skin and hold it there. My skin’s favorite humectant is hyaluronic acid and all its forms (like sodium hyaluronate). A good multitasker option is Farmacy Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry 1.0 oz/ 30 mL: it contains vitamin C which can help restore your glow, plus a huge amount of hyaluronic acid to keep your skin hydrated all day. It’s my favorite vitamin C serum. I also like THE ORDINARY - Buffet: it’s a peptides serum that also contains hyaluronic acid. I especially like to pair Buffet with Youth To The People Adaptogen Soothe + Hydrate Activated Mist with Peptides 4 oz/ 118 mL: once Buffet’s had time to sink into my skin, I spray my face with the YTTP mist to give Buffet a boost of hydration to lock onto. Then I apply my usual moisturizer on top to seal everything in. 

You could also try serums like The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL, Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL, First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Hydrating Serum, or any number of other options. Niacinamide can also help boost your skin’s radiance. This ingredient’s in a lot of skincare products, but you can also try serums like The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL to give your skin a nice big dose of this wonder antioxidant. 

Plain ol’ water is also a nice hydrator. 🙂 I have combo skin: my nose and the area around it is very oily (that’s where my big pores are); my forehead’s kinda normal (minimally visible pores); the rest of my face is dry (invisible pores). Throughout my skincare routine, I try not to let my face dry down completely. I tap a little water on my face between steps—not enough to soak my skin, just enough to keep it damp. This might also help you. 

Anonymous Insider

Hi. My face was mixed before. I do drink lots of water more than a gallon a day. For some reason my face stop having that glow and is dry. I use moisturizer day and night. I have tried many lately and it just don’t work that’s why I came here and see what can I do to help my skin. Thanks for answering and giving me lot of information. 

@Anonymous  Drinking lots of water is great! Unfortunately, that’s not enough to keep your skin hydrated. The water you drink hydrates other organs in your body before it reaches your skin. That’s why it’s important to apply hydration to your skin, in addition to drinking water. This will help your moisturizer work better: it’ll actually have some hydration to seal into your skin. Otherwise, it’ll just sit on top of dehydrated skin and prolong the dryness. 

I hope you find solutions that work for you! 

@Mary310  Do you use a vitamin c cream? I suggest BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil I have super dry skin and I’ve been using it and it’s really helping with bringing my glow back!! Also I suggest a heavier cream like Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL I use it in the winter when my skin is so dry and patchy and it really helps. I also would recommend KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado it’s super moisturizing. I’m not sure about the white circles. But I also use Glow Recipe Avocado Fine Line Eye Cream with Retinol 0.5 oz/ 15 mL and I’ve found it helps with my fine lines and plumping my under eye area. 

Anonymous Insider

Hi! I don’t use vitamin c on my skin although I drink vitamin c and vitamin E. I don’t know if it would work the same. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing