Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

My love for Sephora continues. I was sent a comped, brand new, full sized Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel (launching 08-26-14) to review. I will use it for the first time tonight, so check back to this post if the product interests you.

Sephora Dr Gross Haul 2.jpg

Sephora Dr Gross Haul.jpg

Re: Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

Woohoo! I was in Hawaii, so I had the package sent to my mom's house, and finally had a chance to pick it up today! 

I am planning on using it tomorrow or Sunday, in preparation for my first week of school next week. 

It's perfect that it's a weekly treatment for 16 weeks, which is the exact same length as my semester. So I will get to pamper myself at the end of a long week, and prepare my skin for the week ahead. 

Yay!! Thank you, Sephora! 

That worked out very nicely.  Hopefully, you get easy students.  My older son is a handful, so I wonder how he will get along with his new teacher.  His 1st grade teacher loved him.  One of his Kindergarten teachers did not share that sentiment.

I was having a bad day (after getting a couple of unexpected curve balls), and getting this in the mail really turned my day around. 

I am glad this helped.  My week has been rough, but it is finally picking up.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be better for you.

Okay, I am posting my initial review here, so as not to clog up the main page: 

I tried the Medi-Spa Peel for the first time last night. I love the included headband to pull back my hair. 

I applied the pad, following the instructions. There was a good deal of product left, so I re-applied to my face as well as my neck, chest, and arms. (If you did not want to waste the product, I don't know if you could cut the pads in half?) 

I waited 5 minutes (my face became a bit red), and then applied the firming peptide milk. My skin really appreciated the moisture from the peptide milk. Overall, the application was very quick and easy. I did not find the texture of the product to be too sticky or tacky while I was trying to go to bed. I think applying a thin layer helped with that. 

I woke up today, the redness was gone, leaving a slight glow in its place. My skin is softer, too. 

I can't wait to see the results after using this once a week for the next 15 weeks. I believe that the instructions state that this product can be used in conjunction with the original DGG Alpha Beta Peel Pads, but I would probably just stick to this. I would not want to overwork my skin. 

**This product was provided gratis by Sephora for review purposes.**

I threw mine away still pretty moist.  The thought of applying it elsewhere never donned on me.  I may cut them to extend the life.  Great idea.  Glad you got the glow.  My glow is finally starting to fade.  It lasted over 2 days though.

I woke up this morning, and my skin looks even clearer and brighter than yesterday--which is a good thing since today is my first day of class. Smiley Very Happy

I will probably wait for a couple of weeks before posting my review on the product page. I want to make sure that it gets a fair, longer term review. 

I am thinking of cutting them because I'd hate to waste such a precious product. (Plus, people who are disinclined to purchase this product because of the price, might be more open to it if it was $110 for 8 months of usage.) However, I'm wondering if the pads will dry out in 8 months. I think that the peptide milk would also run out before 8 months. 

Anyway, I love this peel so far, and can't wait to keep using it!

Brightening, you say? That's exactly what I'm looking for in my skincare right now. I'll be checking in on this thread periodically to see how this product continues to work for everyone Smiley Happy

So far, I am recommending this.  My skin is not as bright as the first day.  Like Heatoyos, my skin seemed even brighter the second day.  I have never seen one product retain brightness for so long though.  

I am waiting to post my review on the product page for a while too.  I was thinking of waiting until I was all done or at least at the half way point.  Enjoy your first day.

Thanks, Notcreative! 

I had a great first day of class!

What I'm really keen to know, is what the media-spa peel delivers that the regular and extra strength DDG peels do not? I am an unashamed addict of his peels, so I am dying to know is this one better, and in which specific ways???

Thanks in advance to all those testing it Smiley Happy

If DDG peels have really helped with your sun pigmentation (I hope they work for mine, as well), then I think that you should definitely try these! 

These have 15 acids--more than double the amount in the original strength Alpha Beta peel. Do you normally use the original or extra strength peels?

I believe that you can use these once-per-week peels in conjunction with other DDG peels (I think that I read that on the box), but that might be a bit much. I would just use these. 

I'm currently alternating between extra strength and regular. 15 more acids sounds incredibly exciting!

I saw another thread from someone who received this as well.  While I did not pop in and read much (yet), I noticed she already uses other peels from him.  That might be a good place for you to start.  I cannot think of her username at the moment, because she is a new poster.  If you search this product's name though, you will find her thread.

I have a thread on the Medi-Spa and also using the peels pretty much daily Smiley Happy With only one use I do think it is much stronger but the smell doesn't wack you in the face like the extra strength peels sometimes do or well too me at least Smiley Happy 

The main difference is that it has 15 different acids which is double of the Alpha Beta peels so its much stronger which is why they recommend using it once a week Smiley Happy 

Ballerinagrl, I also use the extra strength daily peels every day or sometimes every other day.  I will post my review/comparison here once I have received and tried mine!

Am I the only one left who is still waiting to receive mine? 

KB also lives in Canada (I know things sometimes get held up at the border) and received hers four days ago.  It may be worth pm'ing Candace to ensure yours has been mailed if you do not receive it in a couple of days.

Good suggestion, I'll wait today and tomorrow and then contact her if I don't receive it by then.

Fatimamummy, I believe mine is on UPS delivery for tomorrow (I get notifications).  It sent out last week, for whatever reason it just didn't move very fast!  

313 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos28
  • Sephora Dr Gross Haul 2.jpg
  • Sephora Dr Gross Haul.jpg
  • Dr Gross peel week 1 Before.jpg
  • Dr Gross peel Week 1 after.jpg
  • Dr Gross Peel Week 1 before unretouched.jpg
  • Dr Gross Peel Week 1 after unretouched.jpg
  • IMG-20140826-01250 (2).jpg
  • IMG_1691.jpg
  • IMG_1680.jpg