Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

My love for Sephora continues. I was sent a comped, brand new, full sized Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel (launching 08-26-14) to review. I will use it for the first time tonight, so check back to this post if the product interests you.

Re: Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

Me, too! I had some minor spots on my forehead. Since using this peel for the first time last week, one of the spots became raised and humongous! So when I used the peel last night, I avoided that area. 

When I opened my jar last night to apply my second treatment, I noticed that the pads seemed much more dry. It could be the lid design, but I think that a lot of moisture escaped. I don't know how to rehydrate them, and now I worry that they won't last the 16 weeks because they will be dried out. I don't know what to do. Smiley Sad

I think Harlem JPN was considering putting hers in a different type of container to see if it made them stay moist longer.

I honestly am happy that it brought those few spots to the surface for me because they had been lingering almost imperceptibly for sooooo long (months).  Hoping it's just a one time occurrence, of course.  I do have acne prone skin, so just wanted to throw that out there!

I'm thinking of moving mine to a separate container, too, but they might already be too dried out after one week. 

I wish Lylysa, or someone on BT, could offer ideas on reviving the dried peel pads?

Heatoyos1, it looks like the 1st ingredient in the pads is water.  Witch hazel is not far behind.  I'm not sure if adding water in the wrong proportion would deactivate them though.  It would definitely good for Lylysa or someone familiar with peels to weigh in.  I wonder if the company would be willing to offer suggestions?

I think water would deactivate or, at a minimum, dilute them. But I agree -- wait for Lylysa to pop in!

That's what I was thinking, too. I'd be so bummed if the peels were too dried out to use through 16 weeks. Smiley Sad Maybe my bathroom is also too hot and humid. 

I did put them in a smaller container that is a lock & lock container (seals tight), and it helped keep them moist. I plan on cutting them in half, but I think transferring them to a sealed, tighter container is a must. 

My partner broke out terribly after using these pads. He isn't a happy camper. I haven't had that issue, which is odd because everything breaks me out and my partner can count the number of zits he's had in the past 15 years!

Moving them into another container is a great idea.  I will look into that when I get home.  The breakout I got displeased me too, but I am hoping Sace's theory rings true for me.

I noticed that too.  I was going to cut them but I realized they would probably only last about as long as they state.  Thus, I did not cut them.  

I will avoid the area next time.  The pimple was so small that I did not know it would have that reaction.  Now, I do.

That would be awesome if this brought them all out and they'd be done.  I'll keep you posted on mine and cannot wait to read more about yours.

Okay lovelies, here's my first experience with this product ...

As others have already expertly noted - the pads are very thick and large.  In fact, I kept trying to pull the pad apart because I was convinced there were several stuck together. Though there was an element of luxury in the thickness it did seem to be a waste for both the manufacturer and the consumer.  On my next application I will cut the pad in half and I feel there will still be enough to apply to my chest and back of hands!

The photos I took are both in the morning in natural, outside light.  The "after" picture I took the morning following the first application.  I wanted to give the product time to work and settle into my skin.  

I love how the instructions recommend you set goals and target specific areas - I tried to capture my focus areas in the pictures.

Unlike others, I did not experience any stickiness.  I set a timer to ensure I waited a full 5 mins before applying the calming milk.  If I don't set a timer - i would swear 5 mins went buy when in actuality it was only 30 seconds!  So a timer is key for me because i can be very impatient (smile).  The calming milk went on very smoothly and my skin seemed to soak it up.

I was pleased with how soft and bright my skin seemed afterwards.  I plan to use this once a week and continue to use DDG extra strength alpa beta peel nightly.

I hope to take pics once a week and watch the discoloration continue to fade. 

I am happy you like it though it is hard to see the difference due to visible difference in the color of pictures may be due to  different light?

Your before and after pictures are great.  Thanks for sharing them.  The after pictures are much brighter.  Very pretty.

Wow! I can't wait to get my hands on this kit :-)

I used this treatment for the second time last night. My face is still a bit red, but I really like the glow that this imparts. 

Highlighted

I used this treatment last night for the first time. Pads are well soaked and have enough product to apply generously to face and neck. I felt very slight tingling but no burning or irritation. Step two liquid felt good, not sticky at all for  me so I was comfortable sleeping with it. My oily skin looked oil soaked after an hour of application so next time I'll reduced the amount of 2nd step product. My skin felt softer and a little brighter but not some very visible difference. Since I don't use DDG daily peel pads so I think I'll get some noticeable results after a few applications. But over all I like it and after 3 or 4 more applications I'll be able to tell if I love it and how it compares with Philosophy Dual peel.

I'm afraid my before picture is not good for comparison.Because i took it without Hijab and when I cropped my hair out of it, the pic become a little blurred. I took both after pics with hijab so you can tell if there is any difference over night.

AND I am a little uncomfortable sharing my bare face because my eyes show my sickness when they are without liner and mascara,,,,So advance apology  to give all of you an eye strain by my bare face

Before

10 minutes after application

And I'll greatly appreciate if someone can tell me how to get rid of these ugly bags under my eyes Smiley Sad

Fatimamummy, I have hollows as opposed to puffy under-eyes (I look like I went on a bender sometimes).  I feel like hyaluronic acid eye creams plump them up a little.  Have you ever tried a HA eye cream?  Regardless, you look lovely!

Thanks sace021, Currently I use Lancomehigh resolution refill eye cream at night and Origin's Ginzing eye cream during the day. I'm about to run out of both so I just bought Shiseido Ibuki eye cream for day time and planning to use Algenesit eye cream that come in vib party bag at night. Beside these I also have a 0.25 oz sample of EL advance night repair eye cream. Does any of them has HA in it if no then I would love you to suggest me an eye cream that contains HA .

I was going to ask if you had tried the  Algenist eye cream from the VIB party bag. Smiley Happy It has Algenist's proprietary alguronic acid, which Algenist claims is even better than hyaluronic acid. You can google the two acids to find Algenist's article comparing the two. 

It was a bit rich for me, and gave me milia, but it might really work for you. I'm going to give my deluxe sample from the VIB party bag to my mom. 

Thanks for sharing this info. I'll read this article before I start using it.

The Lancome one has HA in it.  The Algenist one that you are planning to try has caffeine, which for some people creates a temporary firming/tightening effect.  I'd see what you think of your new ones!  If you are curious, you can go to the eye cream tab here at Sephora and it lets you narrow down by ingredients.  HA is one that you can choose and there are plenty of options for every skin type!  

That's a great tip. Since I am not very well aware of the properties of different ingredients, so I hardly ever searched using ingredient preference. Now since you and heatoyos1 told me what to look for so I can use this tool Smiley Happy

You have a nice glow!  You shouldn't be uncomfortable about no makeup pics!

I see the difference.  Your skin is glowing in your after picture.  Hopefully, it just gets better with each treatment too.

14 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos28
  • Sephora Dr Gross Haul 2.jpg
  • Sephora Dr Gross Haul.jpg
  • Dr Gross peel week 1 Before.jpg
  • Dr Gross peel Week 1 after.jpg
  • Dr Gross Peel Week 1 before unretouched.jpg
  • Dr Gross Peel Week 1 after unretouched.jpg
  • IMG-20140826-01250 (2).jpg
  • IMG_1691.jpg
  • IMG_1680.jpg