Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Does anyone else dislike drugstore makeup?

I know this may sound harsh, but I really dislike all drugstore makeup. I'm sure there are many products out that are of great quality, even better than some high end makeup, but I have never found a drugstore product that I have liked. I've tried primers, foundations, powders, eye shadows, eye liners, mascaras, lipsticks, lip glosses, and lip stains, but each product has left me disappointed. I've also tried makeup removers from the drugstore, but they also left me disappointed. Does anyone else dislike drugstore makeup? I've stopped trying drugstore makeup all together now because every product has left me disappointed; which led to quite a bit of money being wasted. I only get high end makeup now because I am rarely ever disappointed with my purchases.

Re: Does anyone else dislike drugstore makeup?

Hey @asdfkl , @jemly , & @Girly2Shoes ! I forgot to mention Rimmel! I dig their eyeliners and lip liners and the Kate Moss Matte & Vivid lipsticks too (haven't looked in awhile but they came out a/b 2 years ago, maybe less)! 

I am a lip junkie! What are ur fave lippies (here at Sephora and wherever I suppose)?!

rimmel used to be one of my go-to drugstore lines. their basic black pencil liner and eyebrow pencil are still in my makeup bag. i LOVE kate moss matte lipsticks actually--though i wish there was more variety in the color range. my favorite drugstore lip products are without question NYX matte lip creams (can be found at target)

Almost got one on-line at Ulta yesterday & it's still in my bag! I have 2 of the reg. butter glosses by NYX (well, 1 now that I gave my Mom the other) in the color Peaches & Cream (I think that's the name). I love the color, the way, it applies & feels, and the way they look. Do wished it lasted a bit longer but that's w/ any gloss. I figured w/ the matte it would stay longer. I have been really wanting to purchase this shade (can't remember the name, it's in the middle kinda in the screen lineup) from the YSL Rebel Nudes. I tried it on a cpl of times w/ the sample strips and loved it. It's kinda close to Tarte's Matte shade (my fave) Hope-warm Rose but diff. I keep putting it off & putting it off though! lol I went ahead and got the Orange (I think 336) in Lancome Lip Lover and I dig it just wished it was a true stain b/c I love everything about it. I wonder if my Tarte lip primer would help w/ it (I haven't even used it yet, Gaaah, right!)?! I have also been holding out for the VIB Rouge lip set. I SO want it & I am a sucker for a good set! lol Have you ever used any prod.'s from the Lord & Berry Line? I have been wanting to get the cool looking Kajil Liner and one of their lip crayons SO bad but haven't yet (want to hear someones point of view from here preferably).

i've never used lord & berry. i couldn't recommend the nyx matte lip creams more (i think i mention them everytime i'm on this board !). they're great colors, last ages on the lips, and are CHEAP. best tip for them is to not layer on too much--one layer essentially is all you need, and your lips won't dry out at all.

haha thank you. yeah i think i've been lucky the past few years with my lip choices. between nars, givenchy and MAC, colors and lines pretty much stay. i'd actually recommend to anyone, when trying to figure out what brands to look at, to pay attention to just how many types of mascara there are, for example, or how many different lines of lipstick. the fewer, the better really. when i think of highest end makeup i think of serge lutens, and when he released his namesake makeup line, i swear there were only like 5 products IN ALL. it was the most bad a** thing. if i could afford serge i'd be utterly loyal !

I really like the MAC lipsticks, even the dark ones stay on and come off easily. 

Girly2shoes, that's my issue with any Sephora products, but especially any makeup products. They discontinue so many colors and sometimes entire lines. I do have about 8 different Sephora shadows but I don't trust that they won't discontinue them tomorrow. If I were worried about it, I'd stock up. But other than these shadows, I avoid their blushes, lippies, etc. because I know they can't be counted on to be there in the future.

Highlighted

the question rubbed me the wrong way but i think it could be an interesting discussion (marketing and consumer perception), not necessarily a pile-on for drugstore brand hate and snobbery.....

I agree 100% Jem.

5 Replies
Photos3
  • troll_doll.jpg
  • upload_303701792499673030.jpg
  • 20140831_150430 (2).jpg