Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential

Diorskin forever vs. Giorgio Armani luminous silk

Hello All, I am looking for a foundation that has a natural skin like finish that is full coverage. I have normal to dry skin when I apply makeup in the morning before I go to work and it gets oily throughout the day. I am really torn between the diorskin forever foundation and the luminous silk and I will take any recommendations thank you!!

Re: Diorskin forever vs. Giorgio Armani luminous silk

I like the luminous silk! It's really easy to build, and doesn't look cakey.

However, sometimes if I apply it with a brush, you can sometimes see the brush marks and it seems to sit on top of my skin rather than really blending into it. It applies flawlessly with a damp beauty blender, though!

After that, I apply a setting powder that cuts back on the shine, then Urban Decay DeSlick setting spray. Throughout the day, if my face gets too oily, I use the Too Cool For School blotting papers/compact. 

For reference, I have combination/oily skin (depending on the day/month/weather). 

Also, making sure to hydrate my skin and wait for that to sink in before applying my primer and foundation has helped a ton with the longevity and finish of my foundation 🙂 Right now I'm loving FARMACY Green Screen (SPF 30), Ole Henrickson Counterbalance Oil Control Hydrator, Dr. Jart Cicapair Color Correcting Treatment (SPF 30), TooFaced Hangover Rx Primer and Pretty Vulgar Bird's Nest Blurring Beauty Mousse Foundation (I use it as primer). 

RE: Diorskin forever vs. Giorgio Armani luminous silk

Both are soooo good you should try YSL new foundation it's so amazing it makes you skin look perfect and also gives a natural glow from within look to it!
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing