Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential

Cream products for TSA help

First time making a post in forums. Hope I’m doing it right 🙈.

I am going on a trip in a week and need some help sorting out my toiletries for my Delta flight. I have some cream makeup products and need to know if they go into the clear TSA bag for liquids or a regular makeup bag with my powders.

Here are the cream products I’m unsure about:

- milk makeup minis - cooling water, matte bronzer in baked, highlighter in mars and lit, blur stick

- cover fx click sticks - foundation and enhancers

- hourglass vanish foundation

- milk makeup glitter glaze quad

Thanks for the help!

Tags:

Cream products for TSA help

I err on the side of caution and dollars. Put anything that would be liquid like at room temperature in a bag. Like, I've put gel primers in my quart bag to be safe. I would treat the cooling water the same. I would leave my precious stuff or one of kinds at home because I'd also be worried about damage. Minis all the way if I can.

RE: Cream products for TSA help

I’ve been googling this SAME question trying to figure out if my milk baked bronzer needs to go in my liquids bag... what did you end up doing??

Re: RE: Cream products for TSA help

They usually don't notice with my face moisturizes as long as they are within the size requirements but don't fit in the bag.  I would NOT be extravagant and take a large bottle of everything but I have never put my liquid foundation in the liquids bag and they have never said anything to me.  I also never seal the bag and it because the packaging is large.  However, I predominately only fly through major airports though so I am sure my make up is the least of their concerns.  

Re: Cream products for TSA help

@makeupandmoney If they fit in your clear plastic bag, I would put them in there. TSA most likely won’t notice/care, but I’ve had a TSA agent make me throw away my stick deodorant before because I couldn’t shove it into the bag and he insisted it was a liquid. 

RE: Re: Cream products for TSA help

@skcfan that’s so annoying! And I agree to pack lightly and err on the side of caution. I hoard minis/samples for travel and will even make my own travel minis of the more expensive stuff. Right after the stupid liquids rule started, I had them make me throw away lip balm that was packaged in a small tub. For the record, it was a waxy solid a room temp. I think TSA decisions really depend on the person/airport. Oddly enough, I usually don’t have issues flying out of large, busy cities, but occasionally have that one agent in the middle of nowhere 4-gate airport that thinks they are saving the world from dangerous skincare.

Re: Cream products for TSA help

Thanks for the quick reply! I will likely have to cut down 😞 then because I have lots of skincare stuff to bring as well and don’t want TSA to make me throw away good makeup.

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing