Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Covid bride - help!!!

Hello, I'm hoping you can help me. My wedding was postponed due to covid. We were originally supposed to get married October 3rd and postponed it to June 19th. However that being said now with the current shutdown we don't know what's going on. Our reception is most likely not going to happen which is quite sad and disheartening. However we've decided to go forward with our ceremony. We had originally secured a makeup artist but she has let us know she will no longer do our makeup because of covid-19 restrictions. So I've decided to just buy my makeup from Sephora and do it myself. And my bridesmaids are going to do the same. I love makeup but I am definitely not a professional and can really use your help. I'm hoping to put together a wedding makeup kit that I can use for the wedding. I tend to like Brands such as Urban Decay, Nars, and Smashbox. I have green eyes and was thinking of something with a purple tint to it but I'm open. Looking for something that's a fresh romantic look. Would you be able to recommend some items that I can purchase to make a makeup kit for my wedding day? My budget is about $100-$125. Any help would be appreciated. Feeling really stressed right now 😞 Thank you in advance!

Re: Covid bride - help!!!

@chrismedia 

Congratulations. I did my own makeup for my wedding. 

Wedding makeup is different than regular makeup because of photographs that will be taken and you don’t want your makeup runny when crying. I learned in makeup school to apply waterproof mascara  and also to apply your makeup a little heavier than you normally would because of the flash photography which can wash your makeup out.  Also it helps to lock in the Makeup with a setting spray and blotting your lips after applying lipliner all over the lips and lipstick on top for more staying power. Here is an example of some of the things I have used for that day or that will work 

-Primer-YVES SAINT LAURENT - Touche Eclat Blur Primer over the face but MAC Skin Refined Zone in the t zone

-For extra glow I use CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Wonderglow Face Primer on the center of my forehead and apples of my cheeks

-Foundation-I mix my foundations together.  La Mer Soft Fluid Foundation with NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 and CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Light Wonder Foundation with beauty oil. Sometimes I add extra glow with CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Hollywood Flawless Filter on the center of my forehead and on top of my cheekbones. You can also use makeup forever foundation which I love as well 

-Concealer-I use Cle de Peau in 2 different shades

-Setting Powder- I use HOURGLASS - Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder under my eyes, MAC Blot powder for my t zone and CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder for the rest of my face.

-Contour-for party looks I like to use a Nars concealer stick 2-3 shades darker then my foundation or Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel by the side of my hairline and under the cheekbones

-Bronzer powder-GUERLAIN - Terracotta Bronzing Powder in a 3 shape

-Contour Powder-KAT VON D - Shade + Light Face Contour Refillable Palette by side of hairline and under cheekbones

-Highlight-CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Bar Of Gold Highlighting Palette Nars Fort de France  Mon the top of cheekbones, center of nose, and cupids bow

-Blush-Chantecaille Emotion on the cheeks

-Eyebrows-MAC Brun eye shadow, ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS - Brow Wiz and Anastasia clear brow gel.  Clean up the brow area with a q-tip or concealer

-Lips-CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Lip Cheat Lip Liner - Iconic Nude,PAT MCGRATH LABS - LUST: Lip Gloss - Flesh Fantasy with PAT MCGRATH LABS - LUST: Lip Gloss - Flesh Astral on the center of the lips.  You can always go with a red lip like MAC Ruby Woo.

-Eye Primer-MAC Prep and Prime 24 Hour Eye Base

-Eye Shadow-For party looks I like using MAC Tempting all over the lid, blending the crease with MAC Bamboo, putting MAC Brun in the crease and blending the crease with MAC Brown Script.  Sometimes I will put a little gold on the center of the lid with MAC Pigment in Old Gold.  Whatever colors you uses on top mimic on the bottom lashline

-Highlight Eyes-Use CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Bar Of Gold Highlighting Palette to highlight inner corner of eyes and under the brow bone

-Liner-line the lashline with KAT VON D - Tattoo Liner  If you wanted to make your eyes more awake use CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Rock 'N' Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in Eye Cheat

-Eyelashes-apply falsies.  I like a Ardell 110 or House of Lashes Natural

-Mascara-YVES SAINT LAURENT - The Shock Volumizing Mascara

-Setting Spray-Morphe setting spray

Re: Covid bride - help!!!

I'm sorry about all this! That sucks your makeup artists cancelled due to covid even though the wedding is still 2 months away. That being said you can 100% do an amazing job on your own makeup. I highly recommend watching some youtube videos and practicing so you are confident on the special day. I will suggest products I would choose if I were to be getting married tomorrow and doing my makeup. I would try and buy your products in the next few days so you can save the 10% off and maximize your budget. 

My product recommendations (keep in mind I have a light skintone so adjust shades to suit your skin tone if needed):

-Milk Makeup Hydrogrip primer - the best I've tried for my foundation to last all day

-Armani Luminous Silk foundation - pricey so I would suggest getting a sample, but if Sephora won't do that I'm sorry!

-Rare Beauty foundation (my 2nd choice - it's affordable and lasts really well when I sweat and wear a mask)

-Too Faced Born this Way concealer - my absolute favourite concealer ever, great coverage and not too drying and not too emollient

-Huda Beauty Nude obsessions (light or medium are my favourites) - great mattes and shimmers, perfect for whatever type of soft romantic bridal look you want to create and easy to use) 

-Fenty bronzer - super blendable, not too orange

-Mac glow play blush in so natural or Tarte blush in Risque - both are really long lasting for me and are great neutral blushes

-Becca Champagne Pop highlight - perfect amount of sparkle without being over the top and it's not glittery

-Huda Beauty Cream glow lipstick in Angel- really flattering formula, won't wear off and look patchy or dry, etc. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing